There is no other connection as deep and magical as the bond between a mother and a child. No one on earth will love you more than your mother or do as much for you. Her love is unconditional. You should return that love unconditionally, but that is often not the case.
Most of us tend to take our mother’s love and care for granted. If you think you don’t, try to think back to the last time you did something nice and special for her. Can’t remember the occasion? Don’t feel bad; do something about it instead. Take this Mother’s Day to give your mom something exceptional. These tips can help you choose a remarkable gift for your mom that will make her feel truly special.
Give Her a Handmade Bouquet with Her Favorite Flowers
Choosing the perfect Mother’s Day gifts can be tough, especially when you are still young. How can you give something special to the woman who happens to be your provider and is capable of getting whatever she needs for herself? But as we grow older, we have more of a chance to do more for her.
Either way, some gifts can be timeless and suitable. A handmade flower bouquet is one such gift. This gift can show that you love your mom and are willing to put in the effort to make a special gift for her.
Not everyone knows or understands how to make a nice bouquet. Flower arrangement is a creative skill and not everybody’s cup of tea. However, there are many easy DIY flower bouquet-making videos online that are easy enough for even a noob to follow.
You will need to buy the supplies, including fresh flowers. Make sure that you choose your mom’s favorite flower, or a few different types that she likes or would like. If your mom does not have any favorite flower, try picking May blooms like tulips, roses, orchids, forget-me-nots, etc.
“Sleep Well” Care Package
Care packages are a great way of showing your loved ones you care. Even though there are near-perfect care packages you can buy or even e-commerce websites that allow you to select the items you want in your custom care package, there is a deeply personal touch in assembling a care package by hand.
Moms are always so busy and tired; they hardly get any rest. Some mothers also have trouble sleeping, especially if they are going through menopause.
A “Sleep Well” care package is an excellent choice of gift for a mother who has trouble sleeping. There are a few things you can add to your sleep care package. Here are some ideas for items you can add:
- A comfy sleepwear set
- A fluffy bathrobe
- Lavender or chamomile-scented bath bombs, bath salts, and other bath toiletries
- Lavender or other aromatherapy body massage oil
- Eye masks
- Calming herbal teas
- Bedsheets, covers, blankets, or other bed accessories
- A pair of cozy socks
Kitchen appliances make great gifts for moms who love to cook, be it for their birthday, Mother’s Day, or any other occasion! While choosing an appliance can be difficult, if you make some observations, you will be able to select something your mother needs or would like to have. If you don’t know what to get for her, you can try the following strategies to figure out what she might like:
- Go into the kitchen and poke around to see if there is an appliance that needs changing.
- Figure out your mom’s most used appliance and see if you can find a better version of it.
- Observe your mother working in the kitchen and see if there is an appliance that could make things easier for her.
- If none of that applies, search kitchen appliance catalogs and see if there is a specialized item that she can add to her collection.
Health Care Package
While taking care of everyone’s health, many moms tend to not take care of themselves. A hand-assembled health care package will be much loved and appreciated. While selecting items for your health care package, make sure you cover all aspects of health, including body, skin, hair, etc.
You can also choose to select one category like only skincare items or only hair care items, and buy things accordingly. Here are suggestions for items you can add to your health care package:
- A good quality body moisturizer: Opt for vegan, cruelty-free skincare products made of all-natural ingredients.
- Health gummies: These are a great alternative for regular vitamin supplements. There are some specifically focused on a certain attribute. For example, you can get gummies that are great for hair health, bone health, etc. Make sure you choose a sugar-free variety that uses plant-based gelatin. You don’t want to add to her regular intake of unhealthy sugars and fats.
- Health supplement powders, capsules, etc. While women age, they need to ensure that they are getting enough nutrients. For example, the bone density of women decreases faster than men’s with age, which is why they need more calcium.
- Healthy snacks. Adding some healthy food to their health care package will give them something to munch on when they are hungry. Some healthy snacks like nuts, seeds, beans, dry fruit, etc, are estrogen-enriched food that women need.
- Hair pack, oil, treatment, dye, and other hair care products. Especially if your mom bleaches her hair or uses hair color, hair care products will be much appreciated.
- Body conditioners, packs, oils, and other treatments.
- Face masks, scrubs, packs, etc.
Unless your mom hates fragrances, perfumes are always a great gift. If you’re not sure what she likes, you can get her a box of multiple perfumes that she can use alternatively.
Some popular cosmetics and skincare brands have 30ml bottles of perfumes that have good longevity. They even have various specialized lines of products that focus on a particular fragrance or a mixture of scents. You can buy a handful of these and give them to her in a gift box.
If you wish to give her something fancy and expensive, buy her a nice perfume from a luxury brand (Chanel, Gucci, Byredo, Jo Malone, etc). Make sure she likes the scent before you decide to splurge.
Jewelry is welcomed by most women. If you are celebrating Mother’s Day with your wife who recently became a mom, giving her a timeless piece of jewelry will help her remember her first Mother’s Day fondly.
If you are giving her a locket, bracelet, ring, etc., try to make it personal. You can give her a birthstone pendant or a personalized necklace with her name on it. The key is to give her something that she will value and want to keep forever, whether you opt for something expensive or not.
Cook her favorite meal
Even if you’re not the best cook, your mom will appreciate a home cooked meal. Whether it’s breakfast in bed, a picnic lunch, or dinner, she’ll love spending time with you and eating your delicious food.
Make a scrapbook or photo album
This is a great gift for any mom, regardless of her age. Scrapbooks are a fun way to collect memories and photos over the years, while photo albums are perfect for recent snapshots.
Write her a heartfelt letter
Sometimes, the best gifts are the simplest ones. If you want to tell your mom how much you love and appreciate her, a handwritten letter is the perfect way to do it.
Create a custom mug or ornament
If your mom loves spending time in the kitchen or likes to decorate her home for Christmas, a personalized mug or ornament is a great gift idea. You can find tons of cute and creative designs online, or you could even make your own.
Make a donation in her name
If your mom is always giving to others, why not show your appreciation by making a donation in her name? There are many different charities and causes that would be grateful for your help.
What should you not do on Mother’s Day?
Here are some things you should avoid doing on Mother’s Day:
1. Don’t forget to call your mother.
Even if she’s not with you on Mother’s Day, make sure to call her and say hello. Chances are, she’ll be happy to hear from you.
2. Don’t forget to buy your mother a gift.
A nice gesture would be to get your mother something she’ll love. Whether it’s flowers, chocolates, or a new book, she’ll appreciate the thought.
3. Don’t spend the whole day watching TV.
Although your mother might enjoy some downtime, she’d probably also like to spend time with you. Plan a day where you can go out and do something fun together.
4. Don’t be late for your mother’s special dinner.
If your mother is cooking a special dinner for you, make sure to show up on time! She’ll be disappointed if you’re not there when she’s ready to serve the food.
5. Don’t forget to say “thank you” to your mother.
It’s always important to show your mother how much you appreciate all she’s done for you. Thank her for being a great mom, and let her know how much you love her.
How do you say thank you on Mother’s Day?
One way to say thank you on Mother’s Day is to write a letter expressing your gratitude. You can also make a card or send a gift. Some people may choose to call their mothers on Mother’s Day to express their thanks. No matter how you choose to show your appreciation, make sure to tell your mother how much she means to you.
No one will love us as much as our mothers. You must cherish, appreciate, and love your mother every day; however, selecting Mother’s Day to give her a special gift is a great idea. Now that you know what kind of gift you can give your mother or any lady in your life who is a mother, make sure they know how special they are.