A cordless screwdriver is an essential tool for both professionals and DIY projects. These must-have tools help solve various problems on furniture, automobiles, or PCs. Remember, most mechanical joints have screws that require you to loosen or tighten using the best screwdriver.
The good thing about cordless screwdrivers is that they’re lightweight, easy to use, and allow you to maneuver around with ease. But which are the best cordless screwdrivers, and what features do they have?
Read on and learn more about all this. We’ll also show you what to consider before settling for a cordless screwdriver so that you make an informed choice while buying one.
1. Vigrue Cordless Screwdriver, Rechargeable Electric Screwdriver
- It entails 45 bits in a customized case
- It’s multi-purpose
- Weighs 2.99 pounds
- Has 7 torque setting
- It has a high-quality rechargeable battery which allows you to use it for long before power-draining off
- It contains two-position handles that are comfortable to hold
- A flexible shaft with LED lights
- 1 lithium battery
This is one of the best cordless screwdrivers you should consider for your various projects. It’s a multi-purpose and easy-to-use screwdriver. It also comes with high-quality and long-lasting, rechargeable batteries of 2000 mAh. This will enable you to work in areas with no electricity without worries.
You can also use this cordless screwdriver in poorly lit areas because of its LED lights. Its ergonomic design will give you an easy time to prevent your hands from being uncomfortable while at work. The best thing about it is that it allows you to screw in and out through the seven torque settings. This ensures you get to tighten and loosen the screws with ease.
Since it’s a multi-functional screwdriver with 45 pieces, you’ll not spend additional costs buying other screwdrivers. You can use it to drill wood during furniture installation or when doing electrical repairs. The long screwdriver will help you work on tight small spaces with ease that other traditional sets can’t reach.
Its size also prevents the screw heads from getting damaged if you try angling them in tight spaces. The light body screwdriver will not give your muscles a hard time as you use it on overhead surfaces.
- VIGRUE: Built with heart
- Portable and easy to use
- Its battery holds the charge for a long time enabling uninterrupted use
- Has LED lights for use in darker areas
- It’s multi-functional
- It has various torque settings
- Join the VIGRUE group to get more codes and gifts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/190138903227444
- It’s challenging to control its speed.
- You have to engage the driver for the LED lights to work
This screwdriver is no doubt one of the best buys you can ever make thanks to its extensive features and great benefits. Make sure you join the company’s facebook group to learn more about the product.
2. Dewalt 12V MAX Cordless Screwdriver
- It is 6-1/4 inch long with a ¼ inch chunk
- It contains 3 LED lights that illuminate all corners preventing shadows in your work area
- Its lightweight allowing for one-hand operation
- 2 lithium batteries for uninterrupted use
- It has a belt clip for ease of carrying around
- 12 volts
Another best cordless screwdriver you should consider is this one from Dewalt. The battery-powered screwdriver is lightweight and compact, ideal for those who use it for long hours. It weighs 2.2 pounds and has a ¼ chunk that you can load with one hand, and it’s capable of driving the bits up to 1 inch.
It has 3 LED lights that illuminate your work area, ensuring there are no shadows. It’s design and size allow you to use it in tight spaces without struggle.The belt hook will enable you to carry it around with ease and prevent getting lost/ misplaced.
The compact design also protects its head from getting damaged as you do straight penetration. Since it has two long-lasting batteries (1.1 Ah) that charge faster, you’ll not experience inconveniences while at work.
- It has a fast charge time of between 30 minutes and 1 hour
- It provides better illumination giving you the proper visibility while working in darker areas
- It’s lightweight and compact
- It’s long and compact, giving you an easy time to maneuver tight work areas
- Good battery life
- It has great torque settings
- Its clutch is sensitive
With the extensive warranty that comes with this product, there’s no doubt it’s going to be of help for a long time. Simply return it if you’re not satisfied with the product, which is rarely the case.
3. Black+ Decker 4V MAX Cordless Screwdriver with LED Light
- It has a 2 in 1 design (can be used as a cordless screwdriver or a flashlight)
- It’s got 3 different pivot handle offering comfort handling and use it in other settings
- 4V max rechargeable battery for better performance
- 180 RPM/speed
- Weighs 1.14 pounds
- It contains a built-in flashlight for use in darker work areas
- It’s portable and lightweight, preventing you from muscle fatigue
Black+ decker cordless screwdriver has a 2 in 1 design that allows you to independently use it as a torch and screwdriver. You can use it in dark areas because of its powerful LED lights. The three comfortable grip positions enable you to use it for any job, even those that require tactful handling.
It has a fast-charging 4V lithium battery that will last for long, reducing inconveniences while in the middle of the work. The package also includes two screwdriver bits, which improve the performance of the screwdriver. This cordless screwdriver is compact and lightweight. So, you’ll not have a hard time using it or suffer from muscle fatigue.
- It’s easy to walk around with because of its lightweight
- Allows you to use it in dark, tight squeezed areas as it’s got an inbuilt flashlight
- It’s got three-position pivoting handles for flexibility
- It’s got a fast-charging battery
- It’s multi-purpose
- Works best for small jobs
- The drill bits give some challenges while in use
If you’re looking for a screwdriver that you can easily carry with you to perform various tasks, this will definitely be the best. The lightweight screwdriver is the best purchase decision you can ever make.
4. Milwaukee Hex Cordless Screwdriver Kit
- It has a working speed of 500 RPM
- Its torque is 175 in-lbs.
- It weighs 1.67 pounds
- It has a ¼ hex
- It contains 15 clutch positions
- It requires 2 12V battery
Milwaukee 2401-22 M12 screwdriver is also amongst the best cordless screwdrivers you should own. The heavy-duty screwdriver has high-quality 12V batteries and is lightweight. So, you won’t strain while using it. It has a fast speed of 500 RPM, allowing you to use it without any major challenges.
The screwdriver can also fit in tight places. This enables you to work on various equipment with tight joints, which would have been a nightmare to reach. The screwdriver’s handle has 15 different positions, so you’ll not be uncomfortable while using it. This also makes it perform better, giving you the desired results.
The ¼ inch hex chunk at the front of the screwdriver lets you change the bits faster. This screwdriver requires two 12V lithium-ion batteries and provides you with 175 in-lbs. of torque making it an effective tool.
- It’s a heavy-duty cordless screwdriver
- It has a long-lasting battery
- Compact and lightweight so you won’t strain your arms while using it
- It’s easy to use
- It has a high working speed
- Comfortable grip
- It has a 5-year warranty
- The package doesn’t include batteries
- Contains no bits
- It’s a bit shorter
The 5-year warranty that comes with this product is enough to let you know that it won’t let you down. Try the cordless screwdriver today and it will never disappoint.
5. Skil Rechargeable 4V Cordless Screwdriver with Circuit Sensor Technology
- 9 pieces bits
- It’s got 1 magnetic bit holder
- It has a voltage capacity of 4V
- Uses micro-USB charging system
- It has 2 LED lights making working in dim areas easier
- It contains a circuit sensor that improves your safety
- It has a good battery life, which holds power for long
- For use on small projects
- It has a twistable collar that facilitates change of direction
Skil rechargeable cordless screwdriver is a compact and portable tool. It enables you to solve various simple problems within the house as it’s ideal for simple projects. The best thing about choosing this screwdriver is that it protects you from harm as it’s got a circuit sensor. This technology also enables you to detect the presence of electric current in switches and outlets.
You will also not struggle using this tool as it’s easy to use. This is because it only requires you to turn the collar to change the settings to reverse or forward direction. You can also switch from manual to automatic use through the spindle lock.
The battery is capable of holding the charge for long hours. So, you can use it over time without looking for a charging station. The micro-USB port for charging this cordless screwdriver will allow you to get a charge station as it can power up through a laptop. So, you’ll use it anywhere and recharge it with ease.
It can also work in dark areas as it’s got a dual light system that illuminates dark work areas. The cinch lock will help you secure the screwdriver’s bits.
- It charges faster through the micro-USB port and indicates the charge level
- It’s safe to use as it’s got a circuit sensor that warns you if there’s a live current in the connection
- It’s easy to use, works faster, and is affordable
- It has an ergonomic design and is easy to hold
- Has flashlights to allow you to work without straining in darker areas
- It can detect live wires and has a 5-year warranty
- Its battery has a 2-year warranty and is easy to use
- The battery doesn’t retain power for long because of its low holding capacity
- It challenging to control the screwdriver as its too compact
- It’s only for small projects use
This is another great screwdriver that you’ll never regret buying. It works perfectly even in darkness and comes with a generous warranty for both the product itself and the battery.
6. Worx WX255L SD Semi-Automatic Power Screwdriver
- It has a screw holder for easy handling with one hand
- It’s a semi-automatic screwdriver that allows you to use the 6 bits with ease
- The 4V max-lithium battery can hold power for long
- It has an internal store for the bits ensuring they stay intact
- Weighs 1.5 pounds
- Its high quality and made of the best cutting-edge technology
- It has an inbuilt battery that’s rechargeable
Worx cordless screwdriver boasts of a good charge holding capacity. With it, you can use it for about 18 months without recharging. This makes it the best choice for those who experience frequent power outages but require a reliable tool.
It has 6 bits and a slide action changer that makes it an effective tool. You can easily change the bits with a thumb and use your favorite bit on it. The screw holder feature will ensure you use your screwdrivers with ease. This will also help you retain your screws in shape as you fix them in the right position.
Additionally, you can use it with one hand as the screw holder attachment reduces your workload. The section for storing your bits will help you reduce your frustrations. Remember, you’re likely to look for the bits after misplacing them.
It also contains an inbuilt rechargeable battery that holds the charge for long. The package also includes a charger that will help you charge this tool within no time. The lightweight screwdriver will allow you to use it without straining your hands even after using it all day long.
You can also use it in tight high spaces with ease without getting muscle fatigue. What makes this cordless screwdriver stand out is its high quality, as it’s made of the best cutting-edge technology. This gives you a modern tool that’s capable of meeting your needs but at a low cost.
- It has an inbuilt battery with an excellent energy holding capacity
- It contains a screw holder and an internal store for the bits keeping your work tools in place
- Its lightweight, portable, and doesn’t strain your hand muscles
- It has 6 bits and gives you an easy time driving the screws
- Allows for one-hand use
- The LED headlamps make it a good choice for working in darker spaces
- Its small size fits in tight joints without difficulty
- It takes time to recharge fully
You can never go wrong with this screwdriver thanks to it’s amazing battery life among other great features. Buy it today and see for yourself.
7. Bosch Battery Cordless Drill Set
- It’s compact with a 7-inch head that maneuvers through tight areas
- It has a fuel gauge on its sides that indicates the battery level
- It’s lightweight (2 pounds)
- It’s multi-purpose
- It uses 2 lithium-ion batteries
- It has a comfortable to use handle with electronic protection
- It comprises bright LED lights
- Has 2 speeds with at least 20 torque settings for better results
- 12 volts
- 1300 RPM
- 3/8-inch chunk
If you’re looking for a Bosch cordless screwdriver, don’t hesitate to settle for this one with a soft carrying bag. The bag will keep all your tools in the right place and give you an easy time walking around with it.
The professional tool is lightweight and is capable of doing various functions both for the plumbers and electricians. It’s got two-speed settings that enable you to use it for various materials like drywall or metallic surfaces.
You will get a clear precision because of the two-speed combo (0-350 and 0-1300) and the more than 20 clutch settings. Furthermore, you can easily adjust the torque for better functionality. This screwdriver contains a high-quality 12V battery that lasts longer and gives you ample time even in a power outage.
The bright LED lights will improve your vision, preventing you from straining your eyes while working in dark places. Since it’s a compact and portable cordless screwdriver, you’ll not struggle walking with it around to different workstations.
- It’s lightweight and easy to use, even on overhead surfaces
- Contains LED lights for use in darker areas
- It’s multi-purpose and comfortable on the hands
- The 7-inch head length allows you to use it in tight corners
- Removing the battery from this cordless screwdriver is a challenge
It enables you to use it on different surfaces like metallic or drywall. It also has various torque settings for better performance and is compact and lightweight.
Things To Consider When Buying a Cordless Screwdriver
Before buying any of the above best cordless screwdrivers, it’s advisable to consider some factors to enable you to make an informed choice. This is especially for those who are confused after reading the pros and cons of these best cordless screwdrivers. Here are some of the factors to consider before buying cordless screwdrivers.
The Battery Capacity
One major factor you should consider before buying your cordless screwdriver is its battery life. With a high-quality battery, you’re sure to work for long hours without interruptions. You can also work in remote areas with frequent power outages without halting your operations. A screwdriver with a battery capacity of between 3.6v and 12v is a good choice.
You should also consider the screwdriver’s torque, which will enable you to drive it to the wall. Remember, the rotating force is the one that helps you push the screws into various surfaces with ease.
So, you have to get the right torque setting proportional to the surface you’re working on or the type of screw you’re to use. For example, if you want to drive in bigger screws, consider having high torque settings.
The Rotating Speed
Every cordless screwdriver has its speed rating, which you should consider before settling for any. It’s the speed of the screwdriver that helps it rotate with ease and reach the target. If you’ve got a fast-speed screwdriver, you’ll work faster and efficiently.
However, you should note that a higher speed reduces the torque on the screw. So go for a cordless screwdriver with adjustable speed.
The Size of the Screwdriver
You should also consider the size of the cordless screwdriver you’re about to buy. A compact, lightweight, and portable screwdriver will give ample time while using it on light-duty jobs. You won’t strain your muscles even while working on overhead surfaces.
But then, a larger cordless screwdriver will give you a better result while working on heavy-duty applications. So, it’s advisable to consider the nature of work you want to use the screwdriver for and the power rating.
How To Use a Cordless Screwdriver Effectively
If you want to have your cordless screwdriver with you for long, you’ve got to learn how to use it effectively. With this, chances of it getting spoiled are reduced and help you fix various problems without many challenges. Here’s how you can achieve this:
Identify The Right Bit for The Cordless Screwdriver
The first thing you need to ensure before using your cordless screwdriver is that it has the right bits. Note that every bit fits certain kinds of screwdriver and works best with a given type of screws. So, you need to be careful about this. For example, if you’ve got a star head screw, you need to use a bit with star design.
Put The Bit on The Screwdriver
The next step after identifying the bits is to fix them on the screwdriver. You should do this by connecting the bit to the chunk at the front of the screwdriver. It helps hold the bit in place while you tighten the screws.
But you first need to open the chunk in a twist motion in an anti-clockwise direction. After that, place the driver bit in the opening. Finally, close it by moving the screwdriver’s collar in a clockwise manner.
Test If the Drill Bit Fits the Screws Head
The next thing you need to do is determine if the bit and the screw head are compatible. Do this by placing the bit on the screw head and seeing if it is the right size to use. Then put the right bit you’ve identified at 45 degrees and see if it fits the screw head. If the bit holds in that position well, then that’s the right one to use.
Set The Screwdriver on The Right Torque and Speed Settings
If you want to drive in a screw or remove it, you’ve got to set the right speed and torque limit. This depends on the material you’re working on. For example, you need to have a low torque setting if you’re working on soft material.
- After that, switch on the screwdriver using the power button.
- Then test it to know if it’s working well.
- After doing this, make a pilot hole in the work area to pave the way for the screw.
- Finally, put the screws on the holes you’ve made and drive them into the work area. Don’t forget to apply some pressure at the back of the screwdriver to enable the screw to get into the hole. Also, maintain working at a given angle.
What is a good brand of cordless screwdriver?
A good brand of cordless screwdriver has good speed and torque settings, high volts, and good battery life.
What advantage does a cordless screwdriver have?
A cordless screwdriver works faster, is compact, portable, and doesn’t rely on an electric connection to operate.
What are the numbers on cordless screwdrivers?
The list of numbers on a cordless screwdriver is for setting the clutch to the torque range. A higher number indicates a high torque setting and vice versa.
What is a good torque for a cordless screwdriver?
The good torque setting for your cordless screwdriver depends on what you want to achieve with it. For example, if you want a higher tightening force, a torque of 10Nm is a good choice.
How many volts is a good cordless screwdriver?
A good cordless screwdriver is one with high volts. Such a screwdriver will hold a battery charge for long. A voltage between 4v and 12v is good depending on the frequency of use and how often you prefer charging it.
Is a cordless screwdriver the same as a drill?
The two are different tools. However, they can perform the same function of drilling holes and driving screws in them. But only use a cordless screwdriver as a drill when doing light projects.
You need to have the best cordless screwdriver for various maintenance projects within your home or office. But when choosing any of these tools, ensure you understand the nature of work you’re to do with it. Then pick a brand that meets your requirements and has the best specification.