Whether indoor or outdoor, gardens are a great way to beautify your home. You can plant a variety of plants, including some that you can use for sustenance.
Kitchen gardens are a growing trend, with most people switching to organic foods. In this article, we look at some gardening hacks that you can use to make yours flourish.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- Indoor gardening hacks
- How to take rose cuttings and grow roses in potatoes
- Pot in Pot
- DIY Wicking Bed Container Gardening
- Simple Steps to Grow a Hundred Pounds of Potatoes in a Barrel
- Lazy Gardening Hacks: Improve Your Garden Soil Using Eggshells
- Strawberry Planter Pallet
- Gardening with Epsom Salt
- A vertical strawberry tube planter
- Playin with dirt
- Cement Block Raised Bed – Burpee Garden Projects
- Build your own barrel
- DIY Square Foot Garden Planting Templates
- How to Grow Superb Summer Squash
- Make eggshell seedling pots
- Trellis From Recycled Materials
- Herb Spiral
- Keep Soil Where It Belongs With a Coffee Filter
- Rubbermaid Container Garden
- A Citrus Peel Starter Pot For Seedlings
- Make Toilet Paper Seed Tape
- A super fine/gentle spray by using a small needle
- Star Shaped Molds for Growing Vegetables and Fruits
- Grow An Avocado Tree for Endless Organic Avocados
- DIY Cinder Block Raised Garden Bed Tutorial
- DIY Endless Onion Supply
- Use a Humble Plank of Wood in Any Size to Easily Edge a Lawn
- Re-Grow a Pineapple Simply from Planting It’s Top
- Beer traps to kill slugs and snails
- Garden Watering Hacks: Watering can by using milk bottle
- Turn whiskey barrels into rain barrels
- Grow your seeds in egg shells
- Tips on growing zucchini
- Soda Bottle Mini Greenhouses
Indoor gardening hacks
If you are a beginner, the best plants to start with are herbs. They do not require much upkeep once they take root and also help in making your home smell fresh. Plants like lavender, lemongrass and thyme release pleasant aromas and at the same time act as bug repellants.
If space is an issue, you can always use a step ladder to arrange your potted plants and save space.
How to take rose cuttings and grow roses in potatoes
Pot in Pot
DIY Wicking Bed Container Gardening
Simple Steps to Grow a Hundred Pounds of Potatoes in a Barrel
Lazy Gardening Hacks: Improve Your Garden Soil Using Eggshells
If you are not fond of gardening but you still need one, there are ways that you can get rid of the extra work. For outdoor gardens, eggshells are a great way to keep pests away from destroying your plants. Crushing the eggshells creates an effective barrier to most pests that may attack your plants.
You can also get out of a trip to the store for fertiliser. All you need to do is use the cooking water to irrigate your plants. If you had boiled vegetables, the water from them is rich in nutrients that are beneficial to your plants.
Hydrogen peroxide is another handy liquid when it comes to gardening. Pour a little in the soil to prevent root rot to your plants.
Strawberry Planter Pallet
Gardening with Epsom Salt
A vertical strawberry tube planter
Playin with dirt
Cement Block Raised Bed – Burpee Garden Projects
Build your own barrel
DIY Square Foot Garden Planting Templates
How to Grow Superb Summer Squash
Make eggshell seedling pots
Trellis From Recycled Materials
Keep Soil Where It Belongs With a Coffee Filter
Rubbermaid Container Garden
A Citrus Peel Starter Pot For Seedlings
Make Toilet Paper Seed Tape
A super fine/gentle spray by using a small needle
Star Shaped Molds for Growing Vegetables and Fruits
Grow An Avocado Tree for Endless Organic Avocados
DIY Cinder Block Raised Garden Bed Tutorial
DIY Endless Onion Supply
Use a Humble Plank of Wood in Any Size to Easily Edge a Lawn
Re-Grow a Pineapple Simply from Planting It’s Top
Beer traps to kill slugs and snails
Garden Watering Hacks: Watering can by using milk bottle
A major challenge that you may face with your garden is watering. Skipping a day of watering is fine, and your plants can survive. The same cannot be said when you are away for a week on a business trip. Here are some simple watering hacks that you can use.
You can allow your garden to irrigate itself. All you need is a few empty bottles, a skewer, and you are done. Use the skewer to puncture holes in the cap of the empty bottle. Make sure the holes are just small enough to allow water to drip through them.
Fill the bottle with water and place it face down in the soil, and the rest will take care of itself.
Another way to retain soil moisture is by using the gel in diapers. Break the diaper and mix the gel from it with your garden soil. It will ensure your plants stay hydrated without the need for daily watering.
If you do not have a bottle or diaper around, you can create a watering wick to water your plants. Dip a piece of cotton in a water-filled container and string it along the soil around your garden. The water will travel through the cloth and slowly water your plants for about a week.
Turn whiskey barrels into rain barrels
Grow your seeds in egg shells
Tips on growing zucchini
Soda Bottle Mini Greenhouses
There are many ways that you can maintain a garden with minimal effort. All you need to do is find the right combination of plants and you are good to go.