Traveling to Thailand is an exciting adventure filled with beautiful landscapes, vibrant culture, and, of course, delicious dishes. But before you embark on your journey to Thailand, here are some of the 10 best foods for traveling.
Top Foods When Traveling For A Delightful Trip To Thailand
Travelers can use the following 10 best foods for traveling to ensure a happy stomach while obtaining their Thailand visa on arrival or exploring each corner of the country.
Keep a notebook close by because you do not want to forget some of these snacks!
1. Mixed Nuts and Trail Mix: Start your journey with a combination of nuts and dried fruits. They are a fantastic energy source and give you vital nutrients to keep you going. They are some of the best foods for traveling since they are portable and make a quick, wholesome snack while traveling through Thailand’s busy cities or beautiful countryside.
2. Veggie Chips: Veggie chips/crisps are a fun and healthy snack that can be bought at multiple stores, or if you have some spare time, they can be made easily at home. All you need to do is fry thinly sliced veggies (carrot, beetroot, or sweet potato) in a pan for one minute with either canola or vegetable oil. After a minute, remove the veggies from the oil and sprinkle with salt and herbs.
3. Dried fruits: This is a great option for travelers who like fruits. Dried fruits offer travelers a convenient and nutritional option. They are a great option for eating healthy while traveling, and they are long-lasting and can easily be packed into small spaces.
4. Green mango slices: Mango slices are a unique snack from Thailand. This is a fun and fresh snack that any traveler must experience. They are served in a plastic bag, making them easy to travel with. These green mango slices are usually served with a dipping powder containing sugar, salt, and dried chilies.
5. Instant Oatmeal Packets: Breakfast is an important meal of the day, especially if you have a day full of exploring. With the instant oatmeal packets, you can have breakfast ready in minutes. All you need to do is add hot water or milk. They are small and lightweight for easy storage. Add some fresh fruits for a delightful twist.
6. Granola Bars: Granola bars are ideal for satisfying your sweet tooth while supplying fiber and important minerals. Another great way to eat healthy while traveling is to look for bars with minimal additional ingredients and sugars.
7. Canned Tuna or Salmon: For a quick and convenient supply of lean protein, think about packing some canned tuna or salmon. These are a flexible choice for meals on the road or a quick dinner since they may be included in salads or eaten with rice.
8. Instant Noodle Cups: Trying Thai street food when traveling is a must, but having a backup plan is also a good idea. In Thailand, instant noodle cups are readily available and might come in handy when you’re pressed for time or need a familiar meal.
9. Banana: With Thailand being a tropical paradise, it is no wonder there are a variety of fruits to choose from. One fruit in particular that is a great snack is the banana. A banana can provide plenty of energy to prepare you for your exploration journeys.
10. Whole Grain Crackers: Whole grain crackers are excellent for pairing with cheeses, spreads, or even canned tuna. They’re lightweight, won’t easily break in your luggage, and provide fiber for a satisfying snack.
Tips for Effortless Travel In Thailand
Here, we have listed some useful tips that can help you experience smooth and hassle-free travel in Thailand:
- Obtain A Visa: Before entering Thailand, ensure that you have a visa. Luckily, Thailand offers a visa on arrival option for multiple countries and an eVisa option.
- Stay Hydrated: Thailand is located in a tropical region, which causes it to be warm and humid. Ensure that you have enough water to keep you hydrated while exploring.
- Storing Your Snacks: Pack your snacks in airtight containers or reusable plastic bags when exploring Thailand.
- Local Fresh Markets: Explore local fresh markets with fresh fruits, vegetables, and snacks. It’s a great opportunity to sample authentic Thai flavors.
- Spice Levels: The food in Thailand is quite spicy. Sometimes, most countries high spice levels are the local medium spice range. So, if you are not a fan of the heat, be sure to ask that your dish be made less spicy.
- Traveling With A Child: When traveling with a child, ensure that you have some pre-packed snacks ready for them if they prefer certain local flavors.
Wrapping It Together
Traveling to Thailand is an adventure that promises unforgettable experiences, including culinary delights. With these 10 traveling snack packs, you can be assured of a satisfied stomach while on your exploration journey. Remember to also taste the local cuisine of Thailand. Good luck, and have fun on your trip to Thailand!
In the blog, we also went through some travel tips, so remember to check the latest information on Thailand visa requirements, including Thailand visa on arrival and Thailand e-visa, to ensure a smooth entry into the country.
Check out the Thailand tourism website to learn more about planning your trip to Thailand, from obtaining a Thailand visa on arrival to visiting the best cities in the country: Tourism Authority of Thailand.