There are easy to make Christmas tree ornaments that even young children can create. Pinecone ornaments are the perfect holiday kids’ craft.
- 16+ Elegant Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- 19+ Creative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- 25+ Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 13+ Cute and Easy Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 27+ Fun Christmas Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
- 21+ Best DIY Christmas Light Ideas
- 10+ Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 38+ Farmhouse Christmas Decor Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Porch Decoration Ideas
- 36+ Christmas Wall Decorating Ideas
- 40+ Indoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 38+ Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Tree Topper Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Wedding Decor Ideas
- 16+ Christmas Wood Sign Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
- 21+ Outdoor Christmas Planter Decor Ideas
- 30+ Christmas Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Cake Stand Decorating Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 28+ Gold Christmas Decor Ideas
- 22+ Blue Christmas Decor Ideas
Christmas is a wonderful time of year. Everyone in the family enjoys putting up lights, sending Christmas cards and decorating the Christmas tree. And there is nothing as special as a Christmas tree that is decorated with hand made ornaments made with love.
Christmas tree ornaments that the kids have helped make are extra special. They become treasured family heirlooms to be saved for many years to come.
This year get the kids involved in the festivities by making the family’s own Christmas tree ornaments. Here are some quick and easy Christmas ornament ideas using pinecones that even the younger children can help make.
Pinecone Christmas Tree Ornaments
This one is fun and easy to do, especially if the family lives where pine cones are plentiful. Simply go for a walk and gather what is needed.
If this is not possible pinecones can be purchased as bags of pinecones in craft stores inexpensively.
#1. Beaded Pinecone Christmas Tree Ornament
#2. Pinecone Christmas Tree
#3. Pinecone Christmas Trees by ourminifamily
#4. Pinecone Christmas Trees by craftymorning
#5. Pinecone Christmas Trees by elementaryartfun
Supplies that are needed:
- craft glue such as Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- ribbon or ornament hooks
- different colors of glitter – gold and silver or red, green, blue
- Lay down newspaper to work on. Place the pinecones on the paper.
- Spread craft glue on the tips of the pinecone tips. A small paintbrush is helpful to do this. It helps to get the glue down into the layers.
- Then sprinkle the glitter onto the glue. Try using a blank sheet of paper for each different colored glitter and then it can be saved and reused when it fall off the pinecone.
- Let the glue dry and attach a ribbon or ornament hook to the top and hang on the tree.
Pinecone Angels for the Christmas Tree
#1. Pinecone Angels
#2. Pinecone Angels by firefliesandmudpies
#3. Pinecone Angels
Supplies that are needed:
- craft glue
- small wooden bead for the head
- white felt
- gold pipe cleaners
- black marker
- Cut a small piece of gold pipe cleaner and bend it into the shape of a halo. Glue onto the top of the wooden bead. Add eyes and mouth with the black marker.
- Next glue the head onto the flat base of the pinecone. This is the part where it hangs onto the tree.
- Cut out small white wings from the white felt. Gold glitter can be added to the angel’s wings if desired. Glue onto the back of the pinecone.
- Add a ribbon for hanging.
Nature Crafts Brighten Up the Holidays
Including nature crafts into the Christmas season is a fun and easy way to add some hands-on activities into with the kids. Both of these Christmas tree crafts for kids are easy to do and will make Christmas ornaments that will be treasured for years to come.
Pinecone Bird Ornament
DIY Frosty Pinecones
Pinecone elf ornament
Pine Cone Owl
Little Miss Pine Cones Go Skiing
Felt and Pine Cone Elves
Squirrel pine cone