Wooden ladders are more prone to wear due to heavy usage over the years. Therefore, the ladder might need seasonal cleaning and refurbishment to maintain that sparkling look.
In this article:
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- How do you clean an old wooden ladder?
- How to make a rustic Rudder
- How to paint an old ladder
- 45+ interesting repurposed old ladder ideas
- 1. DIY Old Ladder for More Shelves
- 2. Repurposed Ladder Plant Stand
- 3. DIY Pot Rack
- 4. DIY ladder for a Bookshelf
- 5. DIY Repurposed Ladder for your Herb Garden
- 6. DIY Entrance mud Coat Rack
- 7. Repurposed Ladder into an Arbor
- 8. DIY Old ladder into a Wardrobe
- 9. DIY Old Ladder into a Nightstand.
- 10. DIY Leaning Ladder Shelf Idea
- 11.DIY Bathroom Towel Rack
- 12. Flower Display Shelves Idea
- 13. DIY Old ladder for your Dining Lighting
- 14. Old Ladder to hang Jewelry
- 15. Old Ladder for Herb Drying.
- 16. DIY old ladder into a shoe Rack
- 17. DIY Laundry Room Clothing Rack
- 18. DIY Blanket Ladder
- 19. DIY Old ladder garden Homewalk Entrance
- 20. DIY Birdhouse Stands
- 21. Old ladder for Home décor
- 22. Ladder lighting
- 23. Hanging lanterns
- 24. Christmas tree
- 25. DIY basket ladder
- 26. DIY weathered ladder
- 27. Birdhouses
- 28. Outdoor Hanging Planters
- 29. Ladder shelf for board game storage
- 30. Wooden step ladder
- 31-32. Rustic ladder flower planter
- 33. Recycled ladder shelf
- 34. Bed canopy
- 35. Another ladder planter
- 36. Rustic herb garden planter
- 37. Ladder table
- 38. Hanging ladder for wedding
- 39. Christmas wreath hanging
- 40. Bathroom ladder storage
- 41. Bathroom towel storage using ladder
- 42. Vintage ladder shelving
- 43. Antique Ladder Pot Rack
- 44. Ladder shelf in guest room
- 45. Plant stand
How do you clean an old wooden ladder?
The first step is to take the ladder apart after figuring out parts that might need repair. The next thing is to sand it down gently to remove any old paint splotches or accumulated dust until it is all smooth.
Using a varnish brush, coat the ladder with a clear layer of varnish and let it dry overnight.
How to make a rustic Rudder
Making a rustic ladder to hang some clothes or blankets is a pretty straightforward task. Materials needed are rods, studs wood glue and sandpaper.
Cut your dowel rods into long lungs according to the size you need for your ladder. Sand the rods gently and mark the sides for wholes.
Drill small holes on the marked sides and sand them down to ensure that the lungs will fit in the holes. Fill the holes with glue and gently place the lung in and do the same on the other side.
Attach clumps for a few hours to allow the glue to dry. Finally, you can decide to paint the ladder and let it dry to achieve the look that you want.
How to paint an old ladder
Before painting an old wooden ladder, first, you need to clean and sand it and repair any broken parts and coat it with varnish, as explained earlier, to give the paint a layer to stick on.
Do you know that that old ladder laying in your garage can be of great use? Come with me as I take you through 45 Interesting repurposed old ladder ideas that you should try.
45+ interesting repurposed old ladder ideas
1. DIY Old Ladder for More Shelves
Create more shelving space by placing two ladder side by side and joining the two with a distressed rod along the rungs.
2. Repurposed Ladder Plant Stand
This Rustic step ladder fitted with shelving boards across the center acts as a perfect plant ladder with such a satisfying view.
3. DIY Pot Rack
Add hooks to your old ladder and chain it somewhere in your kitchen to create a charming pot rack for your kitchen.
4. DIY ladder for a Bookshelf
That tiny corner in your living room can be of great use. When fitted horizontally, your old ladder acts an attractive bookshelf for your book collection.
5. DIY Repurposed Ladder for your Herb Garden
This is a brilliant idea to spice up your garden by simply laying down your old ladder and getting these even portions for your plants.
6. DIY Entrance mud Coat Rack
If your house does not have a mud coat room, you can turn that old ladder into a coat rack just at the entrance of your living room.
7. Repurposed Ladder into an Arbor
Are you tight on a budget in your upcoming wedding? Convert three of your old ladders into a beautiful charming wedding arbor.
8. DIY Old ladder into a Wardrobe
With just a few pieces of pine plank, you can transform your old ladder into this freestanding and elegant wardrobe for your clothes.
Source information: bobvila
9. DIY Old Ladder into a Nightstand.
This simple and appealing vintage ladder converted into a nightstand with an inbuilt table is a perfect when placed on your bedside, where you can place lightweight personal items.
Source information: bobvila
10. DIY Leaning Ladder Shelf Idea
Create a simple shelf from your old ladder by attaching wire baskets to the rungs of your ladder where you can store different accessories and crafts.
Source information: thisoldhouse
11.DIY Bathroom Towel Rack
Fitting your old ladder with attached baskets in your bathroom will give you extra space where you can place your towels and other toiletries.
Source information: thisoldhouse
12. Flower Display Shelves Idea
Convert your old ladders into this stylish display of shelves for your flowers and other accessories for your house.
Source information: abeautifulmess
13. DIY Old ladder for your Dining Lighting
Light up your dining table by chaining your old ladder horizontally and attach lighting fixtures to it.
Source information: thespruce
14. Old Ladder to hang Jewelry
This is a super easy idea where you can use your old ladder to hang your vast jewelry design and access them easily when you need them.
15. Old Ladder for Herb Drying.
This is a perfect idea for gardeners. Fit your old ladder in your garden and use it to dry your herbs.
16. DIY old ladder into a shoe Rack
If you are a shoe lover with too many shoes that don’t fit into your closet, this is a perfect idea for you. Your old ladder can perfectly hold your shoe collection in cute appealing way.
17. DIY Laundry Room Clothing Rack
Your old ladder chained horizontally from the ceiling of your laundry room will go a long way in helping you organize and dry your clothes when doing laundry.
18. DIY Blanket Ladder
When leaned against your living room wall, your old ladder holds up a few well folded blankets keeping the room tidy.
19. DIY Old ladder garden Homewalk Entrance
Enhance your garden entrance with this beautiful home walk made from old wooden ladders.
Source information: hometalk
20. DIY Birdhouse Stands
These beautiful birdhouses made from old ladders will attract birds creating an amazing and natural feeling in your compound.
21. Old ladder for Home décor
Suspend your old ladder horizontally on your ceiling and decorate it using flowers and other decorations of your choice to lighten up your room.
22. Ladder lighting
23. Hanging lanterns
24. Christmas tree
25. DIY basket ladder
26. DIY weathered ladder
28. Outdoor Hanging Planters
29. Ladder shelf for board game storage
30. Wooden step ladder
31-32. Rustic ladder flower planter
33. Recycled ladder shelf
34. Bed canopy
35. Another ladder planter
36. Rustic herb garden planter
37. Ladder table
38. Hanging ladder for wedding
39. Christmas wreath hanging
40. Bathroom ladder storage
41. Bathroom towel storage using ladder
42. Vintage ladder shelving
43. Antique Ladder Pot Rack
44. Ladder shelf in guest room
45. Plant stand
Don’t let your old ladders go to waste. Try out these wonderful DIY old ladder ideas and have fun all the away!