Flower pots have been around for a long time. They’re not only incredibly functional at keeping your garden clutter-free, but they’re also incredibly versatile.
An added bonus is that the right kinds of pots add a certain wow factor depending on the look you’re going for. There are a variety of ways you can style your flower pots and flowers. In this article, we’ll be discussing the best ideas for your flower pot arrangements.
In this article:
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- What flowers go well together in a pot?
- What can I use as a flower pot?
- How do you decorate a potted plant?
- How do you decorate terracotta pots?
- 71 Adorable DIY Flower Pots For Gardeners
- Terra Cotta Pot
- Seashell Planter
- Decoupaged Terra Cotta Pots
- Painted Terracotta Pot
- Concrete & Gold Plant Pots
- Stenciled Pots
- Chalkboard Planters
- Marbled Terra Cotta
- Mother’s day FLower Pot
- Rope Wrapped Pots
- Sharpie Dot DIY Flower Pots
- Simple & Cute Newspaper Pots
- Allthings Heart and Home
- Drip Paint Pottery
- Geometric Flower Pots
- 27. Old World Makeover for Cheap New Urns
- Broken China Mosaic Pots
- Rock Covered Bucket
- 31. DIY Disco Ball Planters
- 32. DIY Crystal Planters
- 33. DIY Vintage Tea Tin Planters
- 34. DIY Kintsugi Planters
- 35. DIY Crushed Tin Can Planters
- 36. Floppy Disk Planters
- 37. Painted Pots Hanging on Fence
- 38. Switch Plate Planters
- 39. Hanging Garden Boots
- 40. Painted Tire Planters
- 41. Colander Planters
- 42. Aged Terra Cotta Pots
- 43. Modern Paver Planters
- 44. Vertical Succulent Garden
- 45. Concrete Planters
- 46. Hanging Purse Garden
- 47. Paint Can Planters
- 48. Miniature Shell Garden
- 49. Workspace Planter Set
- 50. Macrame Micro Planter
- 51. Book Planters
- 52. Recycled Upside Down Planters
- 53. Shoe Organizer Vertical Garden
- 54. Chevron Wood Box
- 55. Textured Planters
- 56. Linen Milk Carton
- 57. Paint-Dripped Earthenware
- 58. Handmade Clay Houses
- 59. Marbleized Planter
- 60. Neon Concrete Blocks
- 61. Vertical Tie Planters
- 62. DIY Dino Planter
- 63. DIY Paver Planter
- 64. DIY Tropical Party Planters
- 65. Dyed Popsicle Stick Planter
- 66. DIY Monogram Planter
- 67. DIY Polish Chandelier Planter
- 68. DIY House Number Planter
- 69. Easy Fabric Planter DIY
- 70. DIY Mosaic Wall Planter
- 71. DIY Copper Planters
- 72. Moveable Flower Pot Tray
- 73. Painted Flower Pot Gift Idea
- 74. Pot in Pot
- 75. DIY Fabric Pots
- 76. Tipsy Pots
- 77. Broken Pot Fairy Garden
- 78. Garden Gnome Flower Pot Statue
- 79. Patterned Moss Terracotta Flower Pot DIY
- 80. Glow in the Dark Flower Pots
- 10. Clay Pot Lighthouse
- Related Ideas:
What flowers go well together in a pot?
It’s quite difficult to say what flowers go well together in a pot since potted plants require a little more tending than non-potted plants.
Sometimes similarly colored flowers will grow well together, adding flowers with contrasting colors also make for a beautiful arrangement, height should also be taken into consideration since flowers with different heights allow a little more wiggle room for the plants to grow.
Make sure you take into consideration your plants’ needs before dumping them into one container.
What can I use as a flower pot?
If you’re looking to upcycle some of your other household materials into flower pots, there are a variety of unique and whimsical options. Here are the top five things you can use as a flower pot:
- Teacups: these are perfect for small plants like succulents.
- Crate with moss. This is an incredibly beautiful and decorative way to display and pot your plants.
- Tin cans.
- Glass jars.
- Watering can: this trend has sprouted up in recent years and it looks like it’s here to stay it’s an absolutely adorable look for any home or garden.
How do you decorate a potted plant?
There are many ways to add some life to your potted plants but here our top three ideas:
- Paint your flower pot. You can use basic colors or you can get creative and make patterns or perhaps some funny expressions for your plants.
- Decoupage! Take some glue and some of your favorite photos/clippings and go to work adding your personal flair to your potted plants.
- Create a mosaic on your pots. Find something you can break into tiny pieces like tile or shards of glass and glue them (carefully) onto your flower pot.
How do you decorate terracotta pots?
Terracotta pots are relatively easy to decorate and liven up. There are a lot of ways you can do it but the best would be to paint your pots.
71 Adorable DIY Flower Pots For Gardeners
Terra Cotta Pot
Decoupaged Terra Cotta Pots
Painted Terracotta Pot
Concrete & Gold Plant Pots
Marbled Terra Cotta
Mother’s day FLower Pot
Rope Wrapped Pots
Sharpie Dot DIY Flower Pots
Simple & Cute Newspaper Pots
Allthings Heart and Home
Drip Paint Pottery
Geometric Flower Pots
27. Old World Makeover for Cheap New Urns
Broken China Mosaic Pots
Rock Covered Bucket
31. DIY Disco Ball Planters
(via A Bubbly Life)
32. DIY Crystal Planters
33. DIY Vintage Tea Tin Planters
34. DIY Kintsugi Planters
(via The Beauty Dojo)
35. DIY Crushed Tin Can Planters
(via Pillar Box Blue)
36. Floppy Disk Planters
(via Brit + Co)
37. Painted Pots Hanging on Fence
(via Apartment Therapy)
38. Switch Plate Planters
(via Apartment Therapy)
39. Hanging Garden Boots
(via Rosy Posy)
40. Painted Tire Planters
(via Lemon Bean and Things)
41. Colander Planters
(via Bonnie Plants)
42. Aged Terra Cotta Pots
(via Imparting Grace)
43. Modern Paver Planters
44. Vertical Succulent Garden
45. Concrete Planters
(via Outdoor Theme)
46. Hanging Purse Garden
47. Paint Can Planters
48. Miniature Shell Garden
(via Rad Megan)
49. Workspace Planter Set
50. Macrame Micro Planter
51. Book Planters
(via Apartment Therapy)
52. Recycled Upside Down Planters
53. Shoe Organizer Vertical Garden
54. Chevron Wood Box
(via Stuff Seth Makes)
55. Textured Planters
56. Linen Milk Carton
57. Paint-Dripped Earthenware
(via Ikea Blog)
58. Handmade Clay Houses
(via Say Yes)
59. Marbleized Planter
(via Brit + Co.)
60. Neon Concrete Blocks
61. Vertical Tie Planters
62. DIY Dino Planter
(via Maggie Overby Studios)
63. DIY Paver Planter
(via Classy Clutter)
64. DIY Tropical Party Planters
65. Dyed Popsicle Stick Planter
(via Jennifer Perkins)
66. DIY Monogram Planter
67. DIY Polish Chandelier Planter
68. DIY House Number Planter
(via Sarah Hearts)
69. Easy Fabric Planter DIY
(via A Beautiful Mess)
70. DIY Mosaic Wall Planter
(via Pillar Box Blue)
71. DIY Copper Planters
(via Garvin and Co.)
72. Moveable Flower Pot Tray
If you’re planning on moving your plants around, invest in a moveable flower pot tray! It makes moving them around and clean up faster as well.
73. Painted Flower Pot Gift Idea
These adorable little pots need adorable little faces! And they’re perfect for lighting up someone else’s face too! Grab a set of paints and get crafty!
74. Pot in Pot
What could be more adorable than an arrangement inside a pot? It’s like a plant-ception! This adorable DIY teaches us such a unique and adorable pot in pot idea for your garden or home!
75. DIY Fabric Pots
These adorable pots are unbelievably cute and trendy! With the ever-growing world of fabric prints, we’ll never run out of designs! Check out this DIY and try it for yourself.
76. Tipsy Pots
Tipsy pots are a fun and whimsical way to showcase your craziest floral creations! This DIY is fun and easy to try and is also a great feature point for your home or garden.
77. Broken Pot Fairy Garden
If you end up with a smashed pot—or smash one yourself, this DIY is an adorably cute way to salvage your pot! It’s time to add a bit of magic to your garden by giving your fairies somewhere to hang out.
78. Garden Gnome Flower Pot Statue
This adorable little gnome is here to protect your greenery! Try out this adorable DIY on a variety of other magical creatures as well to truly have an army at your disposal.
79. Patterned Moss Terracotta Flower Pot DIY
Grab a bit of moss and some glue! It’s time to decorate your terracotta pots and use up some creative juices! Pick a pattern and get started on this DIY.
80. Glow in the Dark Flower Pots
Make your garden more magical at night time with this glow in the dark flower pot DIY! Your garden will literally be glowing!
10. Clay Pot Lighthouse
Grab some paints and the perfect clay pot to turn it into an adorable little lighthouse for your garden! Check out this DIY to find out how.
There are plenty of ways to decorate your flower pots! Most of them don’t even have to be expensive, all you need is a little elbow grease and a lot of imagination! Have fun with your garden and experiment on different ways to decorate it according to your personal preferences!