The number of people moving to Calgary has grown over the years. According to a recent report, 141,539 Canadians relocated to Calgary between 2016 and 2020. These are significantly high numbers considering these are purely interprovincial migrations.
Among those that relocated, 11,246 arrived from Toronto.
If you live in Toronto but are an aspiring Calgarian, I am sure you have a gazillion questions. First, does the city boast opportunities that are seemingly hard to pass? And the most prominent being, Is moving from Toronto to Calgary a good idea?
In this article:
This article focuses on Calgary, looking into what motivates Canadians to move to Alberta’s largest city and whether taking the bold step and relocation is a good idea.
What Does Calgary Have To Offer?
If you are considering to move from Toronto to Calgary, know that:
Calgarians Enjoy a Lower Cost of Living
With the cost of living at an all-time high, it’s only wise to be wary of your spending.
According to Numbeo, a Calgary resident with approximately 6,204C$ can sustain the same lifestyle as a person in Toronto with 7,000C$. However small, this difference in cost of living makes a huge difference in the long run. A mindful spender will be able to accumulate money more easily, making Calgary one of the most preferred Canadian cities in terms of affordability.
Furthermore, Calgary residents are not subjected to provincial taxes. So, by moving from Toronto, you can say goodbye to the 8% provincial tax, allowing you to save even more.
Calgary Offers Excellent Living And Working Conditions
According to Immigration.ca, Calgary is among the three best Canadian cities in terms of livability and working conditions
Toronto came in the 13th position.
Being at the top showcases Calgary as one of Canada’s economic powerhouses. The city attracts a large number of skilled personnel, and these statistics are only proof that people who relocate to Calgary have a higher chance of achieving economic success compared to if they stayed in Toronto.
Calgary Is A Fast-Growing Business Center
Toronto has a pretty stable economy and has thriving industries including but not limited to real estate, fintech, wholesale, and trade.
However, Calgary has numerous industries spearheading the country’s economic growth. Some of the most booming industries include aerospace & logistics, energy, agribusiness, fintech, and technology, continuously facilitating the city’s growth.
Calgary Has a High Millionaire Population
Well, a large number of millionaires in Canada live in Toronto. However, according to wealthawesome, Calgary boasts a larger number of millionaires per capita. And considering the wealthy create jobs and drive a city’s prosperity, you can expect great economic opportunities, among other perks.
So, is moving from Toronto to Calgary a good idea? But of course! It’s actually an excellent idea as a moving from Calgary to Toronto https://highstreammoving.com/location/moving-from-calgary-to-toronto/.
Calgary is a fast-rising business hub, thus, creating the perfect environment for people looking to explore job opportunities or entrepreneurship. Furthermore, with a lower cost of living, you can easily improve your quality of life.
Let Professional Movers Help You Move Seamlessly
Turn to the fast and reliable relocation partner, who have served Canada and its environs for a couple of years, facilitating interprovincial and international moves.
As a professional moving company to can expect:
- Fast and efficient services: movers understand that time is of the essence. So whether your new employer needs you to report to Calvary as soon as possible or you need to settle into your new residence immediately, professionals will be there to handle the relocation fast and efficiently.
- Affordable services: (Name of company) understands inflation rates may have taken a toll on you. For this reason, movers offer affordable services. Even then, they never compromise on quality. Movers are trained to provide premium quality services that exceed your expectations.
- Highly trained employees: Movers and packers undergo rigorous training on interstate relocations. They possess the knowledge to pack and transport your valuables and other belongings safely and securely. Besides, movers provide top-notch technologies and advanced equipment which facilitate moving processes and prevent damage.
- Additional services: Apart from local, interstate, and international relocations, movers offer storage and office moving services. The team of talented professionals takes a customer-centric approach, ensuring they provide bespoke services that suit your unique relocation needs.
- Accurate quotes: Are you afraid of those nasty invoice surprises? No need to worry. After initial consultations, movers will conduct a walk-through, either physically or virtually. Doing so allows movers to create an accurate quote. movers are thorough in what they do and do not have any hidden charges.
Allow moving company to eliminate the headaches synonymous with many relocations as you concentrate on other important aspects of your life. With movers, you can rest assured of quality, affordable, and efficient services.