Checking our mailboxes can sometimes be dreadful, especially when we are waiting for a result from an entrance exam in college that we just applied at or it could just be simply something like a regular bill that we are not expecting. But whatever it is that we are looking forward to receiving in the mail, it will turn out to be a relaxing moment once you decide to carefully design a landscape around your mailbox.
TIP: Think carefully about the landscape design that you want to do. You need to make sure that your mailman is safe and that it is easy for him/her to see the mailbox and place your mails. See to it that you don’t use plants that:
a. attract many bees or stinging insects
b. have thorns
c. block the view of cars or any children on bikes getting out from the driveway
By ensuring those things, you are considering the safety and comfort of your mail personnel.
Additional things you need to consider while landscaping around your mailbox.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- Bed Size and Shape
- Material for Edging
- Choosing your Plant
- 1. Lightweight plastic mailbox
- 2. Before and after mailbox
- 3. Cottage mailbox
- 4. Mailbox with annual flowers
- 5. Mailbox with landscaping, creeping phlox and clematis
- 6-7. Flower beds around mailbox
- 8. Mailbox from horse shoes
- 9. Mailbox in flower pot
- 10. Informal mailbox garden
- 11. Reindeer Mailbox
- 12. Easy mailbox with flower beds
- 13. Mailbox around by bottle raised bed
- 14. Mailbox trellis
- 15. Rustic mailbox with cedar door
- 16. Rustic stone mailbox
- 17. Iron mailbox
- 18. Brick mailbox
- 19. Old mailbox
- 20-21. Other stone mailboxes
- 22. Brick mailbox with lantern
- 23. Simple mailbox with flower bed
- 24. Beach themed mailbox
- 25-29. Some other creative mailbox ideas…
- 30. Customized mailbox
- 31. Industrial style mailbox
- 32. Pink flamingo mailbox
- 33. Vintage mailbox
- 34. Grey mailbox
- 35. UK style mailbox
- 36. Low-Maintenance Mailbox Garden
- 37. Classic Charm
- 38. Add Your Style
- 39. Recycle your Old Bicycle
- 40. Combination of Grass and Beautiful Flowers
- 41. Hang the Flowerpots
- 42. Go with the Annuals
- 43. Go All Out
- 44. Flower Bed around your Mailbox
- 45. Ombre Mailbox
- 46. A mailbox with Masonry Base
- 47. Create a Simple Mailbox Garden
- 48. Colorful Mailbox design
- 49. Clematis on your Mailbox
- 50. Create a Tropical Feel
- 51. Mailbox Surrounded by Charming Flowers
- 52. Use a Potted Climbing Plant
Bed Size and Shape
Depending on your area, mailbox gardens vary from very small to super large. Make sure that it complements the available space in your area.
Material for Edging
Your edging material can be formal or informal, depending on your landscape theme. You can choose from timber, brick or rock and remember that the edging you use will set the tone of the bed.
Choosing your Plant
As already mentioned, use plants that do not have any thorns and plants must not attract stinging insects or bees. Furthermore, consider plants that will look great in any season. Most people use a mixture of annuals, perennials, and bulbs. You can also think of installing a trellis behind the mailbox for a flowering vine.
Now that we have tackled the basics of landscaping your mailbox, I will give you a list of 35 Amazing Mailbox Landscaping Ideas.
1. Lightweight plastic mailbox
2. Before and after mailbox
3. Cottage mailbox
To make your mailbox more approachable and friendly, surround it with flowers. Mix easy-growing varieties like anise, sedum, hyssop, aster, shrub rose and phlox.
4. Mailbox with annual flowers
5. Mailbox with landscaping, creeping phlox and clematis
6-7. Flower beds around mailbox
8. Mailbox from horse shoes
9. Mailbox in flower pot
10. Informal mailbox garden
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas
11. Reindeer Mailbox
Christmas is coming! Why not show the spirit of Christmas by changing your mailbox design into a reindeer!
12. Easy mailbox with flower beds
13. Mailbox around by bottle raised bed
14. Mailbox trellis
15. Rustic mailbox with cedar door
16. Rustic stone mailbox
17. Iron mailbox
18. Brick mailbox
19. Old mailbox
20-21. Other stone mailboxes
22. Brick mailbox with lantern
23. Simple mailbox with flower bed
24. Beach themed mailbox
Who says you can’t have seashells for your mailbox? You can decorate your mailbox with shells and color the post with green paint to make it look like it’s in the ocean!
25-29. Some other creative mailbox ideas…
30. Customized mailbox
31. Industrial style mailbox
32. Pink flamingo mailbox
33. Vintage mailbox
34. Grey mailbox
35. UK style mailbox
36. Low-Maintenance Mailbox Garden
All these plants surrounding the mailbox can be easily maintained.
37. Classic Charm
If you live in areas that have too much snow during winter and extreme heat during summer, then you need to find plants that will hold up to those seasons. Look for zinnias and lantanas to outline your mailbox. They’re easy to grow and very catchy with their bright colors.
38. Add Your Style
Do not be afraid to mix with the flowers and just play with it. It is important to add your personal touch to your mailbox landscape since it is part of your home. It won’t hurt to take care of flowers throughout the year. Just choose flowers that suit your climate. Don’t forget to spread a few inches of mulch on the ground to remove the weeds.
39. Recycle your Old Bicycle
This unique idea will surely put your visitors, neighbors, and mailman in awe as it makes your landscaping extraordinary. This badass old bicycle will not only function as a mailbox holder but also as a plant holder.
40. Combination of Grass and Beautiful Flowers
Make an interesting mailbox landscape with a combination of grass and flowers. In this sample, we have the perennials and feather reed grass.
41. Hang the Flowerpots
You can hang those flower pots on the post of your mailbox. Use hang pot hangers that are attached to the post to secure your flowerpot.
42. Go with the Annuals
Having annual flowers gives you the chance to change the look of your mailbox landscape every year, and most of them bloom during summer.
43. Go All Out
Be playful and do not be afraid to play with varieties of colorful flowers. It is also good to know that having a yard full of flowers takes less time to maintain.
44. Flower Bed around your Mailbox
You can easily make an eye-catching landscape mailbox by decorating the bed of it with a combination of flowers and stones.
45. Ombre Mailbox
Give your mailbox a makeover by painting it with ombre! This is very sleek and stylish, just choose the color that suits your style for your personal touch.
46. A mailbox with Masonry Base
Gather medium size stones and cement them all together to create this masonry look mailbox.
47. Create a Simple Mailbox Garden
If you don’t have much time to maintain and take care of your landscape mailbox, why not create a simple mini garden for your mailbox? In the photo, shows a collection of different grasses that includes Mexican feather grass and add four-season color to interest.
48. Colorful Mailbox design
Bring back the child in you with these colorful mailbox design ideas! You can paint the mailbox of the characters that you want and add vine for the extra aesthetic!
49. Clematis on your Mailbox
If you want to keep your mailbox uniquely interesting, you can grow clematis on it
Use a wrap of netting or wire trellis to ensure that your mailbox will be scrambled by clematis.
50. Create a Tropical Feel
For a tropical appeal, you can go for a lush or just simply grow a colorful bed of annuals to make your area catchier and more appealing.
51. Mailbox Surrounded by Charming Flowers
Just by surrounding your mailbox with big flowers can make it very inviting and give that close to nature feel. Other than this beautiful pink shrub, you can also add shrub rose and sedum to make a relaxed and lush look.
52. Use a Potted Climbing Plant
Use the post of your mailbox as a place to grow a beautiful flowering vine. You can also investigate having small vines such as clematis which can live long in your garden. Then for styling, you can add no-fuss perennials like salvia, lavender, yarrow, and ornamental grasses.
Now you have all the ideas to use to create your very own mailbox landscape. Use these ideas to make an interesting add to your household beautification. After all, what is life without beauty?