If you’re a big fan of gardening, then you’re aware that the winter time is a tough time for most plant life. However, the endless white needs to be offset with greens and bright colors too! This article will tackle the different ways you can add a splash of life to your snowy landscape.
- 16+ Elegant Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- 19+ Creative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- 25+ Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 13+ Cute and Easy Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 27+ Fun Christmas Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
- 21+ Best DIY Christmas Light Ideas
- 10+ Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 38+ Farmhouse Christmas Decor Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Porch Decoration Ideas
- 36+ Christmas Wall Decorating Ideas
- 40+ Indoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 38+ Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Tree Topper Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Wedding Decor Ideas
- 16+ Christmas Wood Sign Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
- 21+ Outdoor Christmas Planter Decor Ideas
- 30+ Christmas Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Cake Stand Decorating Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 28+ Gold Christmas Decor Ideas
- 22+ Blue Christmas Decor Ideas
- What do you put in outdoor pots for winter?
- What do you put in a winter planter?
- Do you water Christmas planters?
- How to decorate outside planters for Christmas
- 21 Best Outdoor Planter Ideas
- 1. DIY Ornament Outdoor Planter
- 2. DIY Outdoor Planter Arrangement
- 3. Evergreen Bough Christmas Planter
- 4. Stunning Hanging Planter Arrangement with Lights
- 5. Christmas Window Boxes
- 6. Easy Window Box DIY
- 7. Gorgeous Winter Porch Pots
- 8. Lantern Porch Pot
- 9. DIY Vertical Planter
- 10. DIY Gnome Mini Christmas Tree
- 11. Christmas Planters
- 12. Outdoor Arrangements
- 13. Winter greens
- 14. Milk can planter
- 15. Red and white urn planter
- 16. White branches
- 17. Christmas decor craftsman
- 18. Spruce tip porch pot
- 19. Old fashion milk can planter
- 20. Pinecone display
- 21. Evergreen planter with sign
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
What do you put in outdoor pots for winter?
If you’re trying to keep your home beautiful by preserving your plants from getting damaged by the relentless winter, here are a few steps to take:
- Remove the soil, dead plants and flowers.
- Protect your terracotta pots by storing them in a dry and sheltered area.
- Protect glazed pots. These pots may not have been glazed all the way through and have a tendency to crack when exposed to moisture so keep them sheltered.
- Protect interior and exterior glazed pots. If your pots aren’t empty, avoid watering them as the moisture can freeze and cause it to crack.
- Consider your pot material. Make sure that pots you leave outdoors are made for the cold. Styrofoam, wood and plastic pots would do fine outdoors.
- Protect pots left outdoors. Make sure you wrap fragile pots with bubble wrap, cover them with leaves then move them to a warmer area.
- Store pots in the garage or crawl space if you can. These’ll make sure your pots are safe from the stresses of the extreme cold.
What do you put in a winter planter?
It is definitely possible to leave out plants for the winter! Here are a few plants you can grow during the snowy days.
- Potted blue spruce
- Winter aconites
Do you water Christmas planters?
The general suggestion is that you should water them once a week and keep them moist. But ultimately, it would depend on the plants in your planters.
How to decorate outside planters for Christmas
There are many ways to decorate your outdoor planters so you will definitely have to get creative! You can add in Christmas balls, a few ribbons, some hanging snowflakes and maybe some DIY Pot décor as well.
21 Best Outdoor Planter Ideas
1. DIY Ornament Outdoor Planter
This quick and easy DIY shows the holiday spirit by creating a mountain of ornamental Christmas balls resting on a nest of greenery. All you need are outdoor safe planters, a green garland and your choice of ornamental balls!
2. DIY Outdoor Planter Arrangement
This DIY is absolutely stunning! The branch cuttings give it such a good height complexity that plays perfectly with the amount of décor at the base. Keep this on your porch for a splash of color and homey sophistication.
3. Evergreen Bough Christmas Planter
These evergreen bough planters are just stunning. Add in a couple of large pinecones to truly fill the spaces with holiday spirit. Check out this quick and easy DIY!
4. Stunning Hanging Planter Arrangement with Lights
What’s Christmas without those pretty fairy lights? Create a truly magical experience by hanging some of your favourite greens, pinecones and flowers on your porch. Complete the look by threading in some warm white lights.
5. Christmas Window Boxes
Those plant boxes by the window don’t need to bare. In fact, they never have to be bare! Add in an oversized wreath to tie in all the elements you love and just go crazy with it!
6. Easy Window Box DIY
This DIY teaches you an incredibly genius hack to make your window box arrangement in no time! Those gorgeous arrangements don’t need to take the whole day!
7. Gorgeous Winter Porch Pots
The front porch has so much potential to draw in the eye when decorated correctly. Check out this link for an easy DIY on how to decorate your winter pots for the porch!
8. Lantern Porch Pot
Make use of your candles and try your hand out at replicating this arrangement with a giant pinecone and a stunningly red lantern.
9. DIY Vertical Planter
As mentioned above, wooden planters fare extremely well in the winter weather. Try your hand out at this DIY vertical planter and decorate it with some lights and ornaments to keep the holiday spirit.
10. DIY Gnome Mini Christmas Tree
This adorable little addition to your planters ensure that your plants are always cared for (by the gnomes obviously.)
11. Christmas Planters
12. Outdoor Arrangements
13. Winter greens
14. Milk can planter
15. Red and white urn planter
16. White branches
17. Christmas decor craftsman
18. Spruce tip porch pot
19. Old fashion milk can planter
20. Pinecone display
21. Evergreen planter with sign
Ah the joys of plants and holiday decorations! Try out these 10 ideas and you’re definitely set for the best Christmas ever! Which one did you like best?