A room divider can be essential in managing and maximizing spaces. It is even more necessary in large unique spaces like a gallery or studio apartment.
To manage and organize your space, you can use a room divider. By doing this, you will not only have sectioned your space, but you will also have created some privacy. Check out these room divider ideas and try out the one suitable for your space.
In this article:
- 1. Attach 4 IKvar side units with piano hinges
- 2. Divider wall
- 3. Billy cases
- 4. Staggered bookcase system for divider
- 5. Recycled wooden pallet for room divider
- 6. String thick ropes from floor to ceiling
- 7. Another string thick ropes from floor to ceiling
- 8. Barn door on sliders
- 9. Hang curtain on rolling rack
- 10. Secret door with moving bookcases
- 11. Floor to ceiling shelving
- 12. Add desk to shelving units
- 13. Hanging pots from ceiling rack
- 14. IKEA pax closet system for sliding doors
- 15. Freestanding closet divider
- 16. Chicken wire to revamp old screen divider
- 17. Screen divider with attached doors
- 18. Garlands as room dividers
- 19. Wall from old vintage LPs
- 20. Folding screen out of covered wooden frames
- 21. Hang panels from ceiling using hook
- 22. Picture wire and cafe clips to hang curtains
- 23. Cover store-bought divider with chalkboard paint
- 24. Create lit panels using IKEA paper orgel lamps
- 25. Upright branches to divide living space
- 26. Salvaged windows to divide space
- 27. Hang screens on tapestries
- 28. Using bookshelves
- 29. Blinds
- 30. Beaded curtains
1. Attach 4 IKvar side units with piano hinges
This is an IKEA hack. You can separate spaces with this interesting hack.
2. Divider wall
You can build a divider wall in your living room to section off areas. This can be a little tough but if you’re the domestic type, you can figure a way to pull this off.
3. Billy cases
Install billy cases to use as a makeshift room divider.
4. Staggered bookcase system for divider
You can use this staggered bookcase system as a mini room-divider. This also allows for more ventilation.
5. Recycled wooden pallet for room divider
Use a wooden pallet for an extra wall space that you can easily hang things on.
6. String thick ropes from floor to ceiling
You can string thick ropes from the floor to the ceiling to divide your office area.
7. Another string thick ropes from floor to ceiling
This is another version of the former room divider ideas you can use to section off an office area.
8. Barn door on sliders
Installing a barn door on sliders is an exceptional way of dividing a room.
9. Hang curtain on rolling rack
Hanging clothes on a rolling rack is a usual idea. What is unusual, however, is fixing a curtain on a rolling rack.
10. Secret door with moving bookcases
Install moving bookcases with secret doors that can serve as room dividers.
11. Floor to ceiling shelving
This Danish floor to ceiling room divider was trending in the ‘50s and ‘60s. You can use it to make your space look classy.
12. Add desk to shelving units
After accomplishing this floor to ceiling room divider, you can add a desk to the shelving unit to manage space.
13. Hanging pots from ceiling rack
You can use this method to divide your kitchen space.
14. IKEA pax closet system for sliding doors
You can maintain privacy by trying this idea for room dividers.
15. Freestanding closet divider
Another use of the former idea is to use it as a closet divider between the living room and bedroom.
16. Chicken wire to revamp old screen divider
You can revamp your old screen divider and section your attic with chicken wire.
17. Screen divider with attached doors
To achieve this gorgeous screen divider, attach two or three doors with hinges and section off areas in your home.
18. Garlands as room dividers
Make that garland and put it to good use by hanging them to form mini room dividers.
19. Wall from old vintage LPs
Form a wall with old vintage disks and achieve an artsy room divider.
20. Folding screen out of covered wooden frames
Get wooden frames, cover them with fabrics, attach them with hinges, and voila, an easy room divider!
21. Hang panels from ceiling using hook
You can create your room divider by suspending panels from the ceiling using hooks.
22. Picture wire and cafe clips to hang curtains
Use picture wires and café clips to suspend curtains in an unusual space.
23. Cover store-bought divider with chalkboard paint
What are DIY projects without any customizing? You can customize your room divider by spraying it with chalkboard paint so it can show whatever you want to see.
24. Create lit panels using IKEA paper orgel lamps
Try out this extra cool divider panel using IKEA paper orgel lamps.
25. Upright branches to divide living space
Use upright branches, bamboo or tall plants to divide your living space and give it a homey, welcoming feel. Consult a professional before trying this.
26. Salvaged windows to divide space
You can use window panes to form an exceptional see-through divider. It will give your living space light, clean feeling.
27. Hang screens on tapestries
Hanging screens on tapestries will make for a chic room divider.
28. Using bookshelves
Instead of placing it on the wall you can use it to divide your living space.
Window blinds can serve as a simple room divider for your studio apartment.
30. Beaded curtains
Using beaded curtains as a room divider is easy, attractive and creative.
While you can easily install some of these at home, don’t hesitate to seek professional advice and help with the more sketchy ones. Good luck!