Bathrooms need to look impressive. Wood adds so much value in the overall look of a bathroom and in that, pallet wood gives it a rustic look. While maintaining it could be a bit of a challenge, we discuss a couple of simple dos for you that can protect the wood and maintain the look of your ‘Woody’ bathroom.
In this article:
- How can I use pallet wood for a bathroom without moisture getting to it?
- How to protect pallet wood for wall in the bathroom?
- How to frame bathroom mirrors with pallet wood?
- Here are the 20 best bathroom pallet projects that can blow your mind:
- 1. The designer corner
- 2. Pallet toilet
- 3. A pallet wood station
- 4. Rustic basin holder
- 5. Multipurpose racks
- 6. Pallet wood towel holder
- 7. The extremely rustic vanity
- 8. The layered towel rack
- 9. Pallet wood mirror frame and simple basin holder:
- 10. Multi-towel holder
- 11. Elegant shelf
- 12. Concealed mini-bathroom vanity
- 13. The cabinet
- 14. Bathroom wall
- 15. Compact shelf
- 16. Over the toilet pallet wood box
- 17. Colorful wall
- 18. The napkin box
- 19. The graffiti wall
- 20. A pallet stand
- 21. Over the toilet shelf
- 22. Farmhouse shelf
- 23. DIY Industrial Pallet Towel Rack
- 24. Pallet Sign Art
- 25. DIY Reclaimed Wood Bath Caddy
- 26. Toilet Paper Holder
- 27. DIY Pallet Laundry Shelf
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
How can I use pallet wood for a bathroom without moisture getting to it?
We all know how impressive pallet wood is for a bathroom. The challenge though is, how to save it from moisture accumulation. One simple solution to this would be coating it with boiled linseed oil. This prevents moisture from damaging the pallet wood and ensures longevity. You should also ensure air circulation because of which, we recommend a fan in the bathroom that could immediately dry up the moisture.
How to protect pallet wood for wall in the bathroom?
Like we discussed, moisture is the chief deterrent in the case of pallet wood. The walls of the bathroom once made up of pallet wood needs to be coated with boiled linseed oil that forms a protective layer and ensuring airy bathrooms help the cause to a large extent.
How to frame bathroom mirrors with pallet wood?
This can be done in two ways. The first being, you create an entire wall using pallet wood and place the mirror on top of it which gives a ‘3D element’ look to it. The other being, using pallet wood as the mirror frame. This involves more carpentry since framing the mirror to its shape needs skill. You would be better off handing it over to a carpenter to help with this.
Here are the 20 best bathroom pallet projects that can blow your mind:
1. The designer corner
Sometimes symmetry doesn’t win. Creativity does. Look at this corner pallet installation.
2. Pallet toilet
This toilet wall looks so rustic and good, you wouldn’t mind spending hours in there.
3. A pallet wood station
Place bathroom essentials, magazines, mobile phones et. al. This station houses everything.
4. Rustic basin holder
This is another brilliant installation that aids in enhancing the look of your bathroom.
5. Multipurpose racks
This is a combo installation. One riveted to the wall and the other being a standalone structure. So much utility!
6. Pallet wood towel holder
Towels never felt more pampered. Check out this cosy towel holder with a sprinkle of decor.
7. The extremely rustic vanity
This bathroom vanity made out of pallet wood looks so rustic, it gives you such a vintage look.
8. The layered towel rack
This multi-layered towel rack is simple to DIY, looks classy and serves the purpose.
9. Pallet wood mirror frame and simple basin holder:
10. Multi-towel holder
If you are short on space, use pallet wood like this in your bathroom to create a simple towel holder that can hold half a dozen.
11. Elegant shelf
This shelf made of pallet wood looks slightly elegant with the touch-up it has received housing bathroom essentials by the dozen!
12. Concealed mini-bathroom vanity
Place your cosmetics and other essentials inside this mini-bathroom vanity.
13. The cabinet
This cabinet made of pallet wood gives you so much storage and looks shabby and rustic if you like it that way. The use of spotlights has added to its charm.
14. Bathroom wall
This one is for the ‘Wood romantic’! Covering the whole bathroom with pallet wood can be beautiful sometimes.
15. Compact shelf
If your bathroom is small, try creating a shelf like this with pallet wood. It houses all your essentials and maximises space.
16. Over the toilet pallet wood box
Pallet wood can be made into such boxes as well, that can be placed over the toilet.
17. Colorful wall
This wall made of pallet wood has a zing to with a few solid colours. Try this variant if you like colours.
18. The napkin box
Store your toilet papers or even towels in a pallet wood box like this. You could add wheels to it as well.
19. The graffiti wall
This is inspirational and looks beautiful in your bathroom adding value to your life every day! Change the writing every day using chalk and create inspiring graffiti.
20. A pallet stand
You could use this for anything you wish to place in your bathroom. Add a dash of decor to it and you are good to go!
21. Over the toilet shelf
22. Farmhouse shelf
23. DIY Industrial Pallet Towel Rack
24. Pallet Sign Art
25. DIY Reclaimed Wood Bath Caddy
26. Toilet Paper Holder
27. DIY Pallet Laundry Shelf
Pallet wood brings a combination of richness, a rustic feel and vintage glory. We have tried to help you draw some inspiration from all that could be done with pallet wood in your bathroom and believe, you can’t wait to refurbish your bathrooms this season!
Related: Types of shower wall materials