Jerky is basically a dried meat strip. It is prepared through a combination of curing, smoking, and drying procedures! It is a traditional food that requires a modern process, making it more convenient and delicious to consume.
It is a form of meat preservation of fresh meat that is dried to remove water content which inhibits microbial growth and decreases the amount of meat containing salt, protein, ash, and fat by weight!
It is assumed that the Incas first introduced this method to people! Traditionally, jerky was made from drying in the sun, wind, and smoke from fires to preserve and ensure the durability of the processed meat since drying and smoking make the meat products have a long storage life in the preservation of large amounts of meat to be stored at a time!
Since jerky is processed meat, it requires special attention from its consumers! The method of making jerky requires a long time of marination and dehydration!
The best part of beef jerky is that it can be taken as sweet and savory and can be stored for a long time and even for road trip snacks without the worry of getting mold!
In this article:
Source of meat
Jerky can be made from any kind of meat, fish, or any kind of vegan also! Since we are talking about beef jerky, we will know the source of meat today!
Beef jerky can be good to taste if the cut and source of meat are followed accordingly! Whole muscles and ground meat can be used to make jerky.
Its texture, taste, tenderness, or even flavor mostly depends on the cut!
Typically, lean cuts of beef muscles are preferred to ensure fat doesn’t become rancid during storage and lose the real taste!
However, I just provided some basic information about beef jerky in case you do not forget the tradition! But it is not my only purpose!
My wish is to make you crave the beef jerky recipes that will push you to the kitchen without delaying much!
Here are some recipes you would definitely give a try!
1. Beef Jerky and Spinach Pasta
This pasta is one of my favorites just because of the highlighted smoky flavors that can only be found with beef jerky!
It is an easy-to-go recipe and yet would appeal to your taste buds. You can have this recipe either as a meal or a snack!
As I said, it is a handy recipe so the required ingredients are always available in your freeze!
You only need oil, beef jerky obviously, spaghetti, and some spices to make delicious food!
- First, heat the pan with oil until hot. Put the jerky, onion, garlic, and red pepper together and stir for 3 to 5 minutes until the jerky becomes tender.
- Add your boiled pasta and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until all the ingredients are mixed together. Add wine and stir for 3 minutes so the wine is almost evaporated.
- Turn off your flame, add spinach, and finally garnish with your favorite cheese, and your dish is ready to be served!
Give it a try and do not forget to review how it tasted!
2. Beef Jerky Cajun Fried Rice
You can make your fried rice great and unique with the flavor of smoky beef jerky! It is quite a simple recipe!
You will need ingredients for the fried rice as usual. You just need to bring the smoky flavor from your beef jerky to give it a unique taste! A simple dish can have amazing flavor only with one ingredient, and that is this beef jerky!
So you will need rice, green beans, green peppers, vegetables (like carrots, peas, tomatoes), oil, salt, some regular spices, Cajun seasoning, and beef jerky!
- You can cook the rice with vegetable stock after draining.
- Turn on the flame and cook the garlic, onion, pepper, and chili for 2-3 minutes to tenderize. Add seasoning, rice, and beef jerky.
- Stir occasionally and cook for 3 to 4 minutes so the beef jerky becomes soft!
- Now put a coal lump and some butter or ghee in a cup and cover with a lid for 5 minutes to give a smoky flavor!
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately!
I am sure you will be amazed by this scrumptious dish!
3. Beef Jerky Pizza
Why eat pizza when you can eat meatza?! Pizza is becoming a rare treat nowadays because of all the low-carb diets. That does not mean you stop eating pizza to maintain your diet!
That is why I have come up with a solution to satisfy the appetite of a pizza lover containing a lot of meat without increasing calories also!
Without further delay, let’s dive into our beef jerky-covered pizza world!
You will need-
- 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds ground beef jerky
- 1 teaspoon pizza sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 small tomatoes
- Thyme and mixed herbs
- Fresh basil
- Any other toppings you want for pizza!
- 1 bag of Three Jerks Jerky: The Original Filet Mignon Beef Jerky (this is my most favorite Beef Jerky Brands for flavor, you can choose yours!)
Now to put it all together, go for the final cook!
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- In a bowl, mix all the herbs and spices together.
- In another bowl, mix the meat, pizza sauce, and eggs together until combined, then add the parmesan cheese and the bowl of seasonings you just mixed together.
- Once all of that delectable deliciousness is combined, transfer it to a parchment-lined pizza plate or baking sheet. Make it resemble a pizza crust.
- Put that crust in the oven and cook until it’s no longer unbaked, but for not more than 15 minutes
- Grease with a paper towel.
- Set your oven to bake.
- Sprinkle half of your cheese on the baked meat, then spread the tomato sauce over that, and then put the rest of the cheese.
- Put all your tasty toppings and beef jerky on top of that cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and slightly browned, for about 3-5 minutes.
I am sure it can become your signature recipe as a jerky lover! Do not forget to let us know about your experience!
4.Mix into Cornbread
Beef jerky bites placed on Cornbread can be your new go-to dish for snacks! You can mix some jalapeño slivers into your dish for an extra kick!
5. Batch of Beef Jerky Beans
Your cozy bowl of beans is a quick and healthy meal. It can also be delicious and mouth-watering with a batch of beef jerky!
All you need to do is sauté onion, green peppers, and garlic. Now add your favorite can of beans, some chicken or veggie stock, some cumin, and minced beef!
The last step is to serve with your favorite beef jerky cornbread and enjoy!
You can create fusion dishes and give them a makeover only by shuffling ingredients. By trying some creative ideas and recipes of your own, you can add a twist to your regular food! You can make your beef jerky more enjoyable if you try it with different flavors and textures!