Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a scrumptious, soul-warming breakfast waiting for you when all the stockings and presents are unwrapped on Christmas morning?
Wouldn’t it be even better if the breakfast had the option of being made ahead, so you wouldn’t have to wash a bunch of additional pots and pans on Christmas? An oven baked apple pancake can be the perfect solution to this dilemma, and it’s easy to make, it reheats well, and most importantly, it tastes delicious!
- #1. Christmas Morning Menu
- #2. Delicious Omelet and Potato Breakfast Bites
- #3. Christmas Breakfast Casserole
- #4. Cinnamon Christmas Breakfast Wreath
- #5. Baked Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- #6. Breakfast Enchiladas: Festive Make-Ahead Christmas Brunch
- #7. Christmas Breakfast Skillet Casserole
- #8. Christmas breakfast treat
- #9. Cranberry Almond French Toast Casserole
- #10. Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe
- #11. Santa Toast
- #12. Eggnog French Toast
- #13. Easy Spiced Hot Fruit Bake
- #14. Gingerbread Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- #15. Christmas Tree Pancakes
- #16. Candy Cane Crescent Roll Breakfast Pastry
- #17. Eggnog Pancakes with Maple Cranberry Syrup
- #18. Bite Size Santa Pancakes
- #19. White Chocolate Cranberry Sweet Rolls
- #20. Christmas Pancakes
#1. Christmas Morning Menu
- Selection of Juices: Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice
- Fruit Salad (canned or fresh): be creative here and use the fruits that your family enjoys most.
- Oven Baked Apple Pancake
- Coffee and/or hot tea
Fruit Salad Suggestions
Possible combinations for a delightful and seasonal fruit salad are:
- Canned mandarin orange segments, canned pineapple chunks, shredded coconut
- Chopped apples and pears, soaked in pineapple juice to prevent browning, tossed with raisins
- Selection of melon chunks and green and red grapes
- Fresh strawberries to dip in a sweet and fluffy dip made from cream cheese, powdered sugar and marshmallow fluff. For the dip, use an electric mixer to blend equal parts of the softened cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and Fluff until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
Oven Baked Apple Pancake
There are several recipes that you can utilize for your oven baked apple pancake. This filling breakfast is laden with cinnamon and sugar flavor, and glazed with tart and tangy Granny Smith apples!
Follow the directions on the box to create a morning masterpiece for your family or precook the pancake the day before, store it in the refrigerator and merely reheat it in the microwave on Christmas morning. Simple and delicious!
This recipe makes one 10 inch apple pancake which can serve 3 to 4 people with normal appetites or 1 – 2 ravenous people! Use a 10” cast iron skillet or a unique pan made especially for this style of cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix ¾ pancake mix, ½ cup milk, 3 eggs, and 1 tsp sugar until blended and set aside.
- Core and quarter 3 Granny Smith apples, and slice ¼” thick.
- Saute apples with a mixture of ½ cup sugar, ½ cup brown sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon over medium high heat in ¼ cup butter.
- Pour pancake batter over apples.
- Cover skillet and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until pancake is puffed.
- Loosen sides of pancake from skillet, and invert onto a serving plate.
- This recipe can also be made the night before and reheated in the microwave.
#2. Delicious Omelet and Potato Breakfast Bites
#3. Christmas Breakfast Casserole
#4. Cinnamon Christmas Breakfast Wreath
#5. Baked Apple Cinnamon Rolls
#6. Breakfast Enchiladas: Festive Make-Ahead Christmas Brunch
#7. Christmas Breakfast Skillet Casserole
#8. Christmas breakfast treat
#9. Cranberry Almond French Toast Casserole
#10. Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe
#11. Santa Toast
#12. Eggnog French Toast
#13. Easy Spiced Hot Fruit Bake
#14. Gingerbread Slow Cooker Oatmeal
#15. Christmas Tree Pancakes
#16. Candy Cane Crescent Roll Breakfast Pastry
#17. Eggnog Pancakes with Maple Cranberry Syrup
#18. Bite Size Santa Pancakes
#19. White Chocolate Cranberry Sweet Rolls
#20. Christmas Pancakes