When Christmas season rolls around, a Christmas tree decorated with doggy ornaments may be found in the dog lover’s home.
- 16+ Elegant Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- 19+ Creative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- 25+ Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 13+ Cute and Easy Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 27+ Fun Christmas Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
- 21+ Best DIY Christmas Light Ideas
- 10+ Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 38+ Farmhouse Christmas Decor Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Porch Decoration Ideas
- 36+ Christmas Wall Decorating Ideas
- 40+ Indoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 38+ Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Tree Topper Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Wedding Decor Ideas
- 16+ Christmas Wood Sign Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
- 21+ Outdoor Christmas Planter Decor Ideas
- 30+ Christmas Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Cake Stand Decorating Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 28+ Gold Christmas Decor Ideas
- 22+ Blue Christmas Decor Ideas
Dog lovers are known to get a bit extreme at times but hey, man’s best friend is worth it. Some dog owners include their dogs in every area of life.
Scruffy joins them in family portraits, on vacation, at work, and even in weddings, birthdays and holiday celebrations.
Keep Safety in Mind
It’s easy to decorate a Christmas tree with a dog theme for the holiday.
A full sized family tree has a lot of potential for doggy themed decorating but since the family dog usually has access to it, some precautions must be carefully observed in order to keep Scruffy safe and out of mischief during the holidays.
Angel hair, tinsel, ribbon, batteries, electrical cords, artificial snow, Christmas lights, Christmas tree water and tipped over trees are only a few of the holiday hazards for pets.
Ideas for Ornaments
#1. I Love My Dog
#3. PAW Patrol Themed Christmas Tree
#4. Ribbon Embellished Paw Patrol Themed Tree
#5. PAW Patrol Themed Christmas Tree With Presents Wrapped In PAW Patrol Paper
#6. Dachshund Christmas Tree
#7. Doggie Christmas Tree Decorations
#8. Santa Paws tree for the dog
#9. Dog Christmas Tree
#10. The dog-themed Christmas tree in the mud room
With that in mind, the doggy themed tree can be decorated creatively using stuffed dogs, doggy toys, red dog booties, photos of the family dog (especially those with Santa), collars, outdated registration tags, and doggy ornaments found at most dollar stores during the holidays.
Leashes make creative garland. Even more unique garland and ornaments can be homemade from dog hair, called cheingora.
Some specialty stores carry Christmas tree skirts with a paw print or breeds pattern. Many online stores such as Dogstuff.com, Rainingdogsandcats.com, and Doggonegood.com offer adorable holiday dog ornaments.
Some of these sites donate a portion of earnings to dog rescues which adds to the holiday spirit of giving while creating a heart warming Christmas tree.
For the dog owner who participates in doggy activities such as Frisbee, agility, or flyball, mementos from these sports can be creatively turned into decorations.
Table Top Trees
Dog themed Christmas trees don’t have to be full sized. When the family tree is traditional, doggy themed table top trees can create a personal touch to the bedroom or office area of a dog enthusiast. Some table top trees can be bought with snow, pine cones, or holly berries already on them.
Toy breed collars with rhinestones make glittery adornments to loop over limbs while fancy leashes serve as garland. Doggy photos framed in tiny charms or key rings personalize the decorations.
Tiny ornaments of dogs, fire hydrants, dog houses, paw prints, etc can be found at most dollar stores during the holidays. As long as Scruffy does not have access, milk bones make cute ornaments when hung with bits of red and green ribbon.
A doggy bandana with a paw print or breeds pattern makes a striking tree skirt for the table top Christmas tree.
Festive barks from the Jingle Bell Dogs, Christmas Unleashed album provides background music and the finishing touches to a doggy themed holiday celebration.