A great way that you can accessorize your porch or yard is by having a bench. These can be made from different materials such as tires, repurposed wooden crates, and even cinder blocks.
Depending on how creative you are, you can come up with different designs that will beautify your outdoor area. In this article, we look at some ideas that you can use to create awesome benches.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- DIY cinder block bench with back
- Corner block potting bench
- Cinder block bench plans
- Supplies for cinder block bench
- 1. DIY Cinder Block Bench
- 2. L Shaped Cream Cinder Block Bench
- 3. Cinder Block Bench Tutorial
- 4. Cinder Block Bench with Sofa, Cushions
- 5. DIY Cinder Block Garden Bench
- 6. Easy Outdoor Cinder Block Bench
- 7. Low budget cinder block bench
- 8. Creative Cinder Block Bench
- 9. Easy and cheap cinder block bench
- 10. DIY Cinder Block Outdoor Bench With Firepit
- 11. Colorful Cinder Block Bench
- 12. DIY Succulent Outdoor Bench
- 13-20. More Cinder Block Bench Ideas
DIY cinder block bench with back
One variation that you can make is the cinder block bench with a backrest. For this, you will require the below materials.
- Eight double cinder blocks ( 20x20x14 cm)
- 2 double cinder blocks (20x20x20 cm)
- Five wood planks. Minimum 10 feet but if you can find longer ones the better.
- Three tubes of construction adhesive
- One tin of primer and one tin of paint. The color of the paint is entirely up to you
- Wood Varnish
- 6 Cushions
Use construction adhesive to glue the blocks together to make the ends of the bench. The arrangement should be similar to that of a regular living room sofa. Let the glue set for about an hour until the blocks are firmly joined.
Apply the primer on the blocks and allow them to dry. Once dry, paint the blocks evenly on all the surfaces and then let dry.
Set the blocks at a distance of 6 feet apart. You can use the wood planks to set the distance. Ensure that you allow for a foot on either side once the plank is fitted.
Arrange the wooden planks through the gaps to form the seat and backrest for your bench.
Apply varnish evenly on all the surfaces of the wood and allow it to dry. The varnish adds a layer of protection against termites and water.
Arrange the cushions on the seat and backrest to complete your bench.
Corner block potting bench
You can also make potting benches from cinder blocks. The process is the same as if you were making a bench.
The materials required will depend on how big you want your potting bench to be. You can create multiple levels for your potting bench allowing you to grow different varieties of plants in one location.
Cinder block bench plans
The variety of benches you can make from cinder blocks is infinite. You can vary the designs accordingly to suit your ideal style.
You can also make a terrace similar to the ones in football fields if your yard is big enough.
Supplies for cinder block bench
The supplies required to make a cinder block bench are readily available. They can be found at any hardware store or supermarket that also sells construction material.
All you need are cinder blocks, planks of wood, construction glue, and some paint to get you started. The average DIY cinder block bench should not cost you more than $50 to build.
1. DIY Cinder Block Bench
2. L Shaped Cream Cinder Block Bench
3. Cinder Block Bench Tutorial
4. Cinder Block Bench with Sofa, Cushions
If you find that your cinder block bench is too plain, you can use cushions to accessorize it further. Standard living room cushion also work well for cinder block benches.
Use water-resistant covers for your cushions to ensure that they can withstand the weather when used outdoors. Pillows and blankets can also be added to make the bench much cozier.
5. DIY Cinder Block Garden Bench
6. Easy Outdoor Cinder Block Bench
7. Low budget cinder block bench
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas
8. Creative Cinder Block Bench
9. Easy and cheap cinder block bench
10. DIY Cinder Block Outdoor Bench With Firepit
If you spend most of your time in the backyard, you can also make cinder block benches that feature a fire pit.
The advantage of cinder blocks is that they can withstand intense heat without any significant damage.
You can have your benches built around the fire pit, making for a great barbeque area of warming spot depending on the season.
11. Colorful Cinder Block Bench
12. DIY Succulent Outdoor Bench
You can also use cinder block planters to make your outdoor bench.
You can place the planters to act as the ends of the benches, thus adding a more natural look. Planters may include flowers or succulents depending on your preference.
13-20. More Cinder Block Bench Ideas
Planters, fire pits, benches are just some of the things you can make from cinder blocks. All it takes is a little imagination, and you can create a great yard item for your home.