Floor lamps are any lighting fixture that can stand on its own. Picture your coat hanger, with a bulb on it, and an electrical cord. They may look simple, but they come in different types, each offering functionality and adding style to your home. They need no technical expertise to install, all you need is to plug them in the socket, and you are good to go.
- Where can you use floor lamps?
- How do I arrange my living room floor lamps?
- How do you fix a wobbly floor lamp?
- How many lamps should be in a room?
- Floor lamp design ideas
- 15. Perfect floor lamp for living room and bedroom
- 16. Quirky floorlamps with Kalakaari Haath graphics
- 17. Modern floor lamp
- 18. Du Bose Floor Lamp
- 19. Jaspa Floor Lamp
- 20. Modern floor lamp with pink decoration
- 21. Industrial pipe lamp for nursery
- 22. Copper floor lamp
- 23. Mid century modern living room
- 24. Artichoke light
- 25. 1955 Gerald Thurston Lightolier floor lamp
- 26. The Du Bose Floor Lamp for bedroom
- DIY Floor Lamp Ideas
Where can you use floor lamps?
Floor lamps are multi-setting. Depending on the size, design, and degree of illumination, you can place them in any space.
Torchieres work best in the living room. The fixture at the top resembles a torch flame and can come in a variety of designs such as stained glass, crystal-studded crowns, and so on.
Study room – Here, they are used to illuminate the area around your study table, eliminating the need for unnecessary lights.
Outdoors – This covers areas such as gardens, pools, patios, or barbeque areas. The tower floor lamps not only add to the décor but also provides the necessary light needed for the situation.
How do I arrange my living room floor lamps?
Given their portability, you can place a floor lamp anywhere in the living room. The thing to remember is that they are not only decorative pieces but also serve a real function.
Here are some ideas of where you can place your lamps. Placing them at the corners of your living room will create a radiating effect to your living room. You can have them behind your television to help counter the glare. Other areas are beside the fireplace or next to your rocking chair.
How do you fix a wobbly floor lamp?
Identify where the lamp has a problem. Common problem areas are the base or the joints. Once you find the location, fasten the screws or nuts in that area. In case of an uneven floor, you can use shims to level them out. For more severe problems, consult a technician.
How many lamps should be in a room?
The number of lamps is dependent on the size of the room. Remember, lights are there for functionality first, then beauty. You can determine your requirement by this formula: area in Sq. Ft X 1.5 = Wattage. From here, you can determine how many light sources you need for that room.
Floor lamp design ideas
15. Perfect floor lamp for living room and bedroom
16. Quirky floorlamps with Kalakaari Haath graphics
17. Modern floor lamp
18. Du Bose Floor Lamp
19. Jaspa Floor Lamp
20. Modern floor lamp with pink decoration
21. Industrial pipe lamp for nursery
22. Copper floor lamp
23. Mid century modern living room
24. Artichoke light
25. 1955 Gerald Thurston Lightolier floor lamp
26. The Du Bose Floor Lamp for bedroom
DIY Floor Lamp Ideas
27. DIY Floor Lamp Combined With A Bedside Table
28. The Glampsformation!
29. Ruffled Lamp Shade Makeover
30. DIY rope lamp
31. West Elm knock off lamp
32. DIY glass floor lamp
33. DIY rope lampshade
34. DIY Sweater Lampshade
35. DIY Lego Ikea Lamp Hack
Every space needs some form of lighting, and floor lamps are a sure way of maintaining both practicality and beauty for your home.