Looking for creative homemade Halloween costume ideas for an upcoming party? These unique costumes, inspired by nature, are easy to make and perfect for kids or adults.
- 35+ Creative Mason Jar Halloween Crafts To Upgrade Your Decor This Fall
- 65+ Awesome Halloween Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Creative Pumpkin Carving Ideas You Should Try This Halloween
- 51+ Cool Halloween Porch Decorations
- 51+ Spooky Halloween Party Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Cheap Indoor Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 27+ Creative Halloween Craft Ideas For Kids
- 31+ Scary Halloween Window Decoration Ideas
- 25+ Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas With Trash Bags
- 22 Scary Entrance Ideas For This Halloween
- 23+ Fun & Spooky Halloween Table Decoration Ideas
- 23+ Unexpected Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 56+ No-carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- 74+ Spooky Black & White Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 29+ Best Halloween Wedding Theme Ideas
- 39+ Spooky Halloween Party Ideas
- 20+ Quick & Smart Last Minute Halloween Crafts & Hacks
- 24+ Animal Halloween Costumes For Kids & Adults
- 10+ Fun & Unique Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas
- 50+ Halloween Costumes For Adults
- Halloween Books For Kids
- Great Halloween Books For Preschoolers
- Cheap Homemade Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Costumes For Families
- Coupe Costume Ideas
- Scary Halloween Makeup Ideas
Part of the fun of planning a handmade Halloween costume is discovering an idea that is unique and creative, and will help a person stand out from a crowd at a Halloween party or while trick-or-treating. Following are some ideas for quick and easy costumes that will help do just that.
These original Halloween costumes are inspired by nature and are inexpensive and easy to make, requiring very little by way of materials or time.
Dress as a Flower Garden for a Unique Halloween Costume Idea
A flower garden costume requires very few supplies, is easy to make, and looks fabulous when completed. This is one Halloween costume that will certainly have people talking!
Materials Required for a Flower Garden Halloween Costume:
- green or brown pants, shirt and matching close-fitting hat (optional)
- a variety of paper, fabric or fresh flowers
- glue gun or safety pins
- body paint to match the colour of the clothing
How to Make a Flower Garden Halloween Costume:
- Attach the flowers to the shirt, pants and hat using the glue gun or safety pins. If using fresh flowers, leave this step as last minute as possible so that the flowers will last longer once cut and attached to the clothing. Note: Hot glue from a glue gun will not wash out of clothing.
- Put on the flower garden costume and cover all exposed skin, including the face, with the body paint.
- As an alternative to the hat, hair can be decorated with flowers attached to clips, or by painting it with the body paint or a matching coloured hairspray.
For a Creative Halloween Costume, Dress Up as a Cloudy Sky
The cloudy sky costume is an original dress-up idea that requires very little in the way of supplies or time to create. Friends will enjoy the creative simplicity of this fun Halloween costume!
Materials Required for a Cloudy Sky Halloween Costume:
- blue pants, shirt and matching close-fitting hat (optional)
- a large bag of cotton balls
- glue gun or safety pins
- blue body paint to match the colour of the clothing
How to Make a Cloudy Sky Halloween Costume:
- Pull apart the cotton balls so that they’re fluffy and cloud-like.
- Attach the cotton balls to the shirt, pants and hat using the glue gun or safety pins. Note: Hot glue from a glue gun will not wash out of clothing.
- Put on the cloudy sky costume and cover all exposed skin, including the face, with the body paint.
- As an alternative to the hat, hair can be decorated by painting it with the body paint or a blue coloured hairspray, and then sprinkling on some white powder for a cloudy contrast.
A Starry Night Sky Makes a Quick and Easy Homemade Halloween Costume
A starry night sky is a quick and easy Halloween costume that can be pulled together with some simple materials found in the closet and the craft supply drawer. Make this original costume even more creative by using glow-in-the-dark paint or markers for the stars.
Note that this is a very dark costume, so trick-or-treaters dressed as a starry night should also have some bright reflective material on their person for safety.
Materials Required for a Starry Night Sky Halloween Costume:
- black or dark blue pants, shirt and matching close-fitting hat (optional)
- gold or silver glitter glue, or glow-in-the-dark paint or markers
- black or dark blue body paint to match the colour of the clothing
How to Make a Starry Night Sky Halloween Costume:
- Dab the glitter glue or glow-in-the-dark paint all over the shirt, pants and hat. Note: If the integrity of the clothing is important, do a patch test to determine if the glitter glue or glow-in-the-dark paint will wash out before proceeding to decorate the entire outfit.
- Put on the starry night costume and cover all exposed skin, including the face, with the body paint.
- As an alternative to the hat, hair can be decorated by painting it with the body paint or a matching coloured hairspray, and then sprinkling on some gold or silver glitter to simulate stars.
Have fun with these quick and easy Halloween costume ideas inspired by nature, and add some creative flair to this year’s Halloween celebrations.
1. Jungle goddess Halloween Costume ideas
2. Crab Halloween Costume ideas
3. Purge Halloween costume ideas
4. Cool Halloween costume ideas
5. Wonder Woman Costume ideas
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas
6. Watercolor Paint Tray costume ideas
7. Weather Halloween costume ideas
8. Voo doo doll costume ideas
9. Lion Halloween costume ideas
10. Halloween spooks