Your bedroom is special. It’s where you sleep at night, where your most prized possessions are kept. It’s a very personal place.
That’s why you need to be happy with how your bedroom is designed. If you’re searching for a fresh new look, try out a farmhouse bedroom design.
Farmhouse bedroom designs are great because they are bright, functional and never go out of style. They’re perfect for promoting good sleep, and helping you spend more time doing the things you love.
Redesign your nest is a big deal. You need to be informed. Check out these 40 best farmhouse bedroom decor ideas. They’ll have you inspired and designing a bedroom that’s truly you.
In this article:
- 1. DIY Headboard Door
- 2. Master bedroom makeover: Lantern Wall Fixtures with Sign
- 3. Bedroom stepladder side table
- 4. Breakfast in bed
- 5. Master bedroom with picture frame
- 6. Curtain rod with chunky jute rug tie
- 7. Good morning pillows
- 8. “be our guest” wood calligraphy words
- 9. Ladder Picture Frame
- 10. Simple Farmhouse Window Treatments
- 11. Easy DIY Shiplap Wall
- 12. Add a garland to headboard
- 13. Repurposed barn door decor
- 14. DIY Blanket Ladder
- 15. Master Bedroom Rug Makeover
- 16. DIY Wooden Arrows
- 17. DIY Curtain Rods
- 18. Vintage Crib Frames
- 19. Coral velvet pillow, white lampshade each side of bed
- 20. Adding sliding barn door that provides privacy to the en-suite bathroom
- 21. Gray and white flannel blanket under white quilt
- 22. Keep it Bright and Airy
- 23. Stay Toasty with a Fireplace in the Bedroom
- 24. Create a DIY Headboard
- 25. Four Poster Bed
- 26. Hang Pictures with Rural Character
- 27. Install Sliding Barn Doors
- 28. Mix the Old with the New
- 29. Use Bold Colors Carefully
- 30. Classic Metal Bed Frames
- 31. Rustic Wooden Furniture
- 32. Use Soft Colors
- 33. Make a Creative DIY Table
- 34. Repaint and Distress Bedroom Furniture to Give it New Life
- 35. Bedroom Wreaths
- 36. Workman’s Ladder Picture Frame Display
- 37. Look At Your Bedroom in a New Light
- 38. Hide Unseemly Wires
- 39. Add a Splash of Color with Quilts and Bedspreads
- 40. Strip back the Ceiling
- 41. Expose Those Bricks
- Farmhouse Bedroom Brilliance
1. DIY Headboard Door
2. Master bedroom makeover: Lantern Wall Fixtures with Sign
3. Bedroom stepladder side table
4. Breakfast in bed
5. Master bedroom with picture frame
6. Curtain rod with chunky jute rug tie
7. Good morning pillows
8. “be our guest” wood calligraphy words
9. Ladder Picture Frame
10. Simple Farmhouse Window Treatments
11. Easy DIY Shiplap Wall
12. Add a garland to headboard
13. Repurposed barn door decor
14. DIY Blanket Ladder
15. Master Bedroom Rug Makeover
16. DIY Wooden Arrows
17. DIY Curtain Rods
18. Vintage Crib Frames
19. Coral velvet pillow, white lampshade each side of bed
20. Adding sliding barn door that provides privacy to the en-suite bathroom
21. Gray and white flannel blanket under white quilt
22. Keep it Bright and Airy
Farmhouse bedrooms are bright and airy. Make sure your design is too. It’s easy to achieve with a muted color palette.
23. Stay Toasty with a Fireplace in the Bedroom
On cold winter nights, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm fire. It’s even better when it’s in your bedroom. Install a fireplace and hibernate properly this year.
24. Create a DIY Headboard
It might seem intimidating, but creating your own headboard is easy. Personalize your bed by creating an authentic farmhouse bedroom with a bit of carpentry.
25. Four Poster Bed
Sleep like a prince or princess in a vintage style bed that’s worthy of any farmhouse bedroom.
26. Hang Pictures with Rural Character
Add a touch of rural character with decorations and atwork about country life. These pictures illustrate the theme of your farmhouse bedroom and are great to look at.
27. Install Sliding Barn Doors
Transform your bedroom into a picturesque rural scene with a sliding barn door that guarantees privacy and helps you conserve space.
28. Mix the Old with the New
Don’t be afraid to mix the old with the new. Not everything in your bedroom needs to be vintage. The style’s great because it is so versatile.
29. Use Bold Colors Carefully
The Farmhouse Bedroom’s muted color palette helps you create big contrasts when using bold colors. It’s a great way to highlight features and keep your room interesting.
30. Classic Metal Bed Frames
There’s nothing more rustic than a classic metal bed frame. When you’re looking for a new bed for your farmhouse bedroom, make sure you keep metal bed frames in mind.
31. Rustic Wooden Furniture
Fill your room with rustic wooden furniture to give it a true farmhouse feel. It’s incredible what works. This unit used to be a media console.
32. Use Soft Colors
When painting your room, keep the colors you use soft. This helps add to the humble farmhouse look you’re seeking.
33. Make a Creative DIY Table
Spend some time getting into the farmhouse way of life by starting a small carpentry project. Try making this bedside table.
34. Repaint and Distress Bedroom Furniture to Give it New Life
Before removing your old furniture, try repainting it and purposefully distressing it. This will give it a great farmhouse look and might save you money.
35. Bedroom Wreaths
Add character to your farmhouse bedroom by adding a wreath above your bed.
36. Workman’s Ladder Picture Frame Display
Country life is often about making do. Upcycle existing furniture to create new features in your room, like this workman’s ladder picture frame display.
37. Look At Your Bedroom in a New Light
Don’t neglect your light fittings. Edison bulbs and country fixtures help you achieve a great farmhouse bedroom look.
38. Hide Unseemly Wires
Loose wires ruin good farmhouse looks. Take time to find solutions to hide your wires with wooden panel wall mounting.
39. Add a Splash of Color with Quilts and Bedspreads
Bedspreads and quilts are a great way to liven up your farmhouse bedroom decor.
40. Strip back the Ceiling
Investigate whether you can expose the beams on your ceiling for a great farmhouse look.
41. Expose Those Bricks
Brick against painted walls creates a great contrast. Try it out.
Farmhouse Bedroom Brilliance
Be imaginative when designing your farmhouse bedroom. It’s your room, so it’s definitely your rules. It’s always good to have a little inspiration though.