Christmas comes once in a year and every time, we put up a Christmas tree, decorate our homes with lighting and elements representing Christmas season.
- 16+ Elegant Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- 19+ Creative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- 25+ Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 13+ Cute and Easy Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 27+ Fun Christmas Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
- 21+ Best DIY Christmas Light Ideas
- 10+ Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 38+ Farmhouse Christmas Decor Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Porch Decoration Ideas
- 36+ Christmas Wall Decorating Ideas
- 40+ Indoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 38+ Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Tree Topper Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Wedding Decor Ideas
- 16+ Christmas Wood Sign Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
- 21+ Outdoor Christmas Planter Decor Ideas
- 30+ Christmas Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Cake Stand Decorating Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 28+ Gold Christmas Decor Ideas
- 22+ Blue Christmas Decor Ideas
This is one of the most cherished seasons throughout the year and all the family members get together to decorate indoors as well as outdoors of their homes.
- 1. Simple fireplace design
- 2. Red and White magic to your living area:
- 3. Minimal Christmas décor for your indoors:
- 4. Living room design using candles and music theme:
- 5. Stairway design using concealed candlelight:
- 6. Using snowflake themed hanging lights:
- 7. Using two or more multi-style wreaths and silver cones:
- 8. ‘Red and green’ themed décor for your showcase cupboard:
- 9. White Christmas décor for the dinner table:
- 10. Blue wind chime design using silver spheres:
- 11. Wrap the ribbon around the garland
- 12. DIY Wooden Advent Calendar
- 13. Red ribbons and presents
- 14. ‘Merry Christmas’ burlap
- 15. Christmas tree on the chalk board
- 16. Rustic Christmas tree
- 17. Metal basket with pinecones, ornaments, and branches
- 18. Hanging Christmas tree on the door
- 19. Wooden tree for small space
- 20. Sleigh on the table
- 21. Evergreen Christmas tree with silver and gold ornaments
- 22. Entryway
- 23. Starlight
- 24. In the kitchen
- 25. Light up the mantel
- 26. Rose and gold balls
- 27. A lantern with ornaments
- 28. String light
- 29. Rustic Christmas decor
- 30. Black and grey
- 31. Milk jugs as vases
- 32-40. More indoor Christmas decor ideas
1. Simple fireplace design
This is a relatively simpler design for Christmas décor for your living area. Provided you have a fireplace in your living room, you can decorate the surrounding wall using natural ferns or faux-green leaves.
Couple this with a green farmhouse wreath and traditional Christmas tree, you are good to go. Adorning the tree and the greenery using illuminating static lights is an amazing yet simple way of indoor Christmas decorations.
2. Red and White magic to your living area:
This design involves using red candles, white/silver candle stands, red and white-colored rustic wreath, ice-themed décor ribbons, and childish Christmas socks themed in the shape of wild animals.
Combine this arrangement with a golden/green Christmas tree, illuminated using bullet lights. This design will go in tandem with a Christmas cake and cake-stand, with white icing.
You can place the cake and cake-stand on the center-table to compliment the overall design aesthetic.
3. Minimal Christmas décor for your indoors:
The third design in this list revolves around an age-old adage that goes by, ‘Keeping it simple’. What you need here are
- A minimalistic Christmas tree, which can either be an actual tree or be made of wire meshes
- Illuminating bullet lighting
- Lots of red-colored ribbons
- Faded-red colored flowers
- Traditional wooden basket, which is of a square shape
- Candles and placeholders
This design can be arranged at your fireplace in the guest area.
4. Living room design using candles and music theme:
This design can be placed either in your living room, bedroom or foyer area. Use broader, thick candles decorated with drawings of musical notes.
Couple them with props such as hay-made pigeons, faux grass and candle stand. This design can be complemented with a modern wreath made of natural-grass and can be placed around a suitable sized mirror as well.
5. Stairway design using concealed candlelight:
This design can be placed on the stairway leading to your landing area. Broader candle stands can be placed along the edges of each step, along the stairs.
The candle stands can either enclose each candle or be of engraved-type. Couple this with natural or faux greenery along the edges of each step, and red ribbon-gift boxes, the light from the candle flame will create added charm to the setup.
6. Using snowflake themed hanging lights:
Hanging lights, placed in your foyer area and false ceiling will bring a magical aura to the entire design aesthetic.
Couple it with farmhouse styled wreaths, placed on the wall of the landing area, and modern paintings representing the Christmas season, your interior decoration will be regarded as thoughtful and refreshing.
7. Using two or more multi-style wreaths and silver cones:
This design falls under the category of contemporary DIY designs for the Christmas season. What you need are
- Thin twigs, cotton, and glue for making a minimal wreath
- A broad red ribbon
- Hard paper, shaped in the form of an elongated cone
- Silver-colored cover paper
- Natural pine grass or faux grass
- Dried pine cones
- Red-colored gift boxes
- Thick and strong twigs for making a farmhouse styled wreath
8. ‘Red and green’ themed décor for your showcase cupboard:
This design needs a little bit of attention to detail, particularly in sewing the red and green elements together. The wreath used in this design can be built using Eucalyptus leaves, thick stems, red ribbon, coffee beans, and Christmas balls.
The wreath can be hung against your rustic wall area. A horizontal candle stand can be placed on top of the cupboard, keeping in mind this theme and complimenting rose-scented candles.
9. White Christmas décor for the dinner table:
This particular design can be arranged for your dinner table. Place your wine glasses on white, square serving plates. The tablecloth can be minimal in design with a red lining over a white background.
Complement this with a flowerpot, having a longer neck and comprising of light rose flowers. Its color and design can follow a light brown, ceramic pattern.
10. Blue wind chime design using silver spheres:
Rather than hanging conventional, thinner cylinders for their use as wind chimes, use silver-colored spheres instead.
Either you can use blue colored spheres or hang these spheres on threads against blue ambient lighting.
11. Wrap the ribbon around the garland
12. DIY Wooden Advent Calendar
13. Red ribbons and presents
14. ‘Merry Christmas’ burlap
15. Christmas tree on the chalk board
16. Rustic Christmas tree
17. Metal basket with pinecones, ornaments, and branches
18. Hanging Christmas tree on the door
19. Wooden tree for small space
20. Sleigh on the table
21. Evergreen Christmas tree with silver and gold ornaments
24. In the kitchen
25. Light up the mantel
26. Rose and gold balls
27. A lantern with ornaments
28. String light
29. Rustic Christmas decor
30. Black and grey
31. Milk jugs as vases
32-40. More indoor Christmas decor ideas
An environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional candles are smokeless candles, which come in different varieties. Baubles can also be handcrafted and placed on the Christmas trees as well as fireplace décor.