There is a whole world of options for flowers out there and there are so many that are perfect for decorating your front porch! In this article, we explore the best ways to decorate your front porch will all the best floral arrangements possible.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
What is a good front porch plant?
Essentially, plants that are low maintenance and that either love sun or grow best with shade (depending on if your porch is covered or not) are your best bets for your porch. These will last you a long time and will nearly always be ready to greet visitors (or you).
Some examples of low maintenance plants are:
What are good porch flowers?
If your porch is shaded and you’re looking for plants that thrive even when hidden from the sun, here are a few examples:
- Sweet Potato Vines
How do you decorate a porch with flowers?
Plantscaping is a really fun way to add some life to your porch. You can start by adding multiples of the same plants to imitate a big visual effect. You should use differently sized pots and plants to create a good contrast and avoid a monotonous look.
What can you do with flower pots?
There are many things you can do with old planters but here’s our top five:
- Use smaller planters to plant in large planters.
- Use them for storage.
- Create a DIY fairy garden.
- Use a group of old planters for a DIY project.
- Recycle plastic planters.
24+ Best Front Porch Flower Pot Ideas
1. Mini Topiaries
Topiaries are an adorable addition to any place. Take it a step further by adding mini topiaries to your front porch. Keep it clean by keeping them in a planter box and experiment with different topiary heights.
2. Flower Tower
If you’re running out of options for taller flowers, try this flower tower DIY! It not only adds height to your plants, but it also looks like a beautiful fountain!
3. DIY Flower Pot Barn Board Display
This stunning DIY features a vertical garden made of repurposed wood. If you’re a fan of the rustic look, try this DIY out.
4. DIY Galvanized Metal Flower Pots
Galvanized metal is all the rage now and lends a very chic industrial look to your porch.
5. DIY Embossed Mermaid Planter
Let your inner mermaid shine! This DIY is cute and whimsical and lends a very appealing look to your plants and front porch.
6. Metal Bucket Planter
Metal and plants go incredibly well together don’t you think? This easy DIY ensures that you’ll have a planter set up quickly if you have an extra five minutes to spare.
7. Welcome Sign with Tin Bucket
This rustic chic sign is sure to warm people’s hearts! Add in some pretty flowers and hang it on your front door to welcome even the most sour of souls.
8. Galvanized Metal Tricycle Planter
This tricycle planter not only looks adorable, but it’s incredibly whimsical and functional too! They’re a perfect display piece for your porch.
9. Rustic Metal Flower Jugs
Nothing says home sweet home more than these cozy, huge and aged flower jugs! Imagine the arrangement of flowers you could do in these!
10. Pallet Vertical Garden
This vertical garden is a perfect feature wall for your front porch. It adds a ton of personality to your space and turns an otherwise boring spot into something beautiful.
11. Vintage zinc and enamelled containers
12. Clay pot with petunias
13. Concrete pots
14. Identical flower pot
15. Milk can planter
16. Ceramic planter
17. Rubbed oil mum planters
18. Fall porch
19. Home sweet home clay pots
21. Fall container
22. Flower baskets
23. New Guinea impatiens with house number pots
24. Welcome guests
Flower pots are a great investment for your front porch. There are a lot of great ideas floating around the internet but these were my top 24. Try these ideas and get the best look for your front door with beautiful flower pot that will inspire your guest. Your porch is something you should be proud of seeing every day!