It’s Christmas time again. And do you know what makes this season of year even better? Christmas decorations!
Get every inch of your front door into the Christmas spirit, using traditional decor or something more creative and festive. We have some ideas to share with you.
- 16+ Elegant Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- 19+ Creative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- 25+ Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 13+ Cute and Easy Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 27+ Fun Christmas Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
- 21+ Best DIY Christmas Light Ideas
- 10+ Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 38+ Farmhouse Christmas Decor Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Porch Decoration Ideas
- 36+ Christmas Wall Decorating Ideas
- 40+ Indoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 38+ Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Tree Topper Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Wedding Decor Ideas
- 16+ Christmas Wood Sign Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
- 21+ Outdoor Christmas Planter Decor Ideas
- 30+ Christmas Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Cake Stand Decorating Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 28+ Gold Christmas Decor Ideas
- 22+ Blue Christmas Decor Ideas
- What is the Christmas Door Decoration Called?
- How do I Wrap my Door for Christmas?
- How do you Decorate a Christmas Door Wreath?
- 30 Best Christmas Front Door Decorations
- 1. Foliage Door Frame
- 2. Candy Cane Wreath and Garland
- 3. Vintage Sled Front Door Hanging
- 4. Garnet Hill Inspired Moss “Joy” Letters
- 5. Star Wreath
- 6. Plaid Christmas Sign
- 7. Snowman Monogram
- 8. Hanging Basket
- 9. DIY Giant Rustic Christmas Wreath
- 10. Dollar Store Snowflakes
- 11. Evergreen garland with red stocking
- 12. Christmas wreath hanging on old door
- 13. A giant polka dots stocking
- 14. A wooden star
- 15. Snowflakes
- 16. Decorate with garland and wreaths and two gold reindeer
- 17. Fern garland
- 18. A frame with a snowman and ‘let it snow’ saying inside
- 19. A garland with colorful snowflakes
- 20. Knitted garland and wreath
- 21. White and red
- 22-30. More Christmas door decorations
What is the Christmas Door Decoration Called?
There are several ways to decorate your doors for the holidays. However, one of the most classic decorations is the traditional wreath. Wreaths can be made from a number of things; the most popular of which are the traditional green wreaths in the shape of a circle.
How do I Wrap my Door for Christmas?
If you’re looking to do something more whimsical with your front door décor, then I’d highly suggest you try wrapping your door like a present!
The best way to do this is to find some gift-wrapping paper that is wide enough to cover your door with a little space to tuck it into the edges.
Simply tape your gift wrap over the top of your door and through the top edge, roll it down and repeat for all the edges. Basically the main goal is to tape it enough so it doesn’t fall off the door and neatly enough so there aren’t any extra wrapping paper bits showing through the front or backside of your door.
How do you Decorate a Christmas Door Wreath?
There are multiple options on how to decorate a plain Christmas wreath. Kevin from Trees n Trends shows us how to easily decorate a plain wreath using decorative ribbons and ornaments.
30 Best Christmas Front Door Decorations
1. Foliage Door Frame
This door frame DIY is Fall inspired but can definitely be revamped for the holidays! Tie in some acorns, ferns, Christmas balls, ribbons and add in some artificial snow to create a built in archway.
2. Candy Cane Wreath and Garland
Step into a candy filled winter wonderland that is every sweet tooth’s dream and start with your front door! This awesome wreath and garland duo is perfect for anyone who loves red, candies and Christmas!
3. Vintage Sled Front Door Hanging
Ditch the traditional wreath and go for something borrowed and fun! This vintage sled hanging is perfect for letting everyone know you love the frost and you love the ice!
4. Garnet Hill Inspired Moss “Joy” Letters
This hanging has the green elements from a traditional wreath without the traditional shape! Pick out different words that are close to you and get crafting!
5. Star Wreath
One of the most recognizable Christmas symbols is the star. Hang up something green and welcoming in the shape of a star on your front door for something different but still slightly traditional.
6. Plaid Christmas Sign
This adorable little plaid sign is perfect for hanging on your door. It’s perfectly rustic chic and would fit in nicely in a farmhouse setting.
7. Snowman Monogram
Frosty is a popular Christmas décor addition. Most of the time though, he sits on the lawn. Take him closer to your home by stationing him on your front door with this chic monogram sign.
8. Hanging Basket
It’s always a great idea to add in some fresh (or artificial) plants! Hang an arrangement on you door like this idea. If you’re looking to save a little bit, DIY it!
9. DIY Giant Rustic Christmas Wreath
Simplicity is key but sometimes you just have to go BIG or go home. This easy to follow DIY gives you the best of both worlds with a simplistic wreath design that is gigantic in proportion.
10. Dollar Store Snowflakes
Tying in the snowy elements that come with Christmas is always a great idea no matter where you are! This DIY is relatively easy, cheap and doable! Hang them over your door frame for a chilly entrance!
11. Evergreen garland with red stocking
12. Christmas wreath hanging on old door
13. A giant polka dots stocking
14. A wooden star
16. Decorate with garland and wreaths and two gold reindeer
17. Fern garland
18. A frame with a snowman and ‘let it snow’ saying inside
19. A garland with colorful snowflakes
20. Knitted garland and wreath
21. White and red
22-30. More Christmas door decorations
There are a number of creative and traditional ways to decorate your front door. One thing’s for sure though, the front door is an essential part of keeping the holiday spirit. So whether you choose to go the extravagant route or just do simple DIYs, find something close to your heart that will make your Christmas experience the best!