Cleaning can be a war but do you know that with a brilliant hack it can be fun? Do you want to know how cleaning in spring can be made more interesting? You are in luck; here are some cleaning hacks to try out this spring.
In this article:
- 1. Wash your Window on a Cloudy Day
- 2. Disinfect your Sponge
- 3. Sanitize your Mop
- 4. Get Rid of Stains
- 5. Clean with Newspaper
- 6. Pet Hair Remover
- 7. Get Red Wine out of your Carpet
- 8. How to Remove Coffee Stains
- 9. How to clean oven racks
- 10. Break the Outdoor Furniture
- 11. Put a Kool-Aid to good use
- 12. Polish your Glass Wares with Potatoes
- 13. Remove Marks from Paint Wall by using Tennis Balls
- 14. Microfiber is your friend
- 15. Just two ingredients
- 16. Dusting the Ceiling Fan
- 17. Plantation Shutter Dusting
- 18. Dusting Lamp Shades
- 19. Clean Vents
- 20. How to Clean a Humidifier
- 21. Use some natural ingredients to clean kitchen sinks
- 22. Use dustpan to extend the faucet
- 23. Homemade tub, tile, and grout cleaner
- 24. Use dryer sheet to remove obstinate soap
- 25. Clean Stubborn Carpet Stains with an Iron and Vinegar
- 26. Use sandwich bag and distilled white vinegar to clean shower head
- 27. How to Clean Your Air Vents
- 28. Washing windows, window sills
- 29. How to clean a microfiber couch
- 30. Use baking sodar and white vinegar to clean gross window tracks
- 31. Use table salt to clean a scorched iron
- 32. Easy ways to clean blinds
- 33. How to de-pill your clothing
- 34. Cleaning the stove burners using ammonia
- 35. How to clean your mattress
- 36. How to clean your dryer ducts
- 37. How to clean stove grates
1. Wash your Window on a Cloudy Day
Cleaning of windows can be of a struggle sometimes but we have a cool hack to that. To effectively clean your window, add water to the vinegar of the same quantity. You can also add a spoon of dishwashing liquid and let the sun rays dry it off.
2. Disinfect your Sponge
If you have used your sponge for some really dirty jobs or maybe you are looking to sterilize your washing sponge, here is a quick fix and that is to put it in a microwave for 120seconds.
3. Sanitize your Mop
Here is a quick fix for your mop; first off drench your mop in running water till the water from the mop becomes clear then, soak the mop in a bucket of water mixed with a cup of vinegar.
4. Get Rid of Stains
If you have some of your clothes with some ink, grease stain here is a hack; soak the cloth in a mix of milk and vinegar all through the night and wash in the morning. Watch the magic.
5. Clean with Newspaper
If you have an oil stain on your glass, here is a quick fix deep a bunch of newspapers in a solution of alcohol to properly wipe off the oil.
6. Pet Hair Remover
You would normally run your vacuum cleaner through the room, but this would not effectively remove the hair stuck in the rug, here is a hack; use a tape roller to go front and back on it, it would efficiently pick out the hairs.
7. Get Red Wine out of your Carpet
If you have some wine stains on a cloth or dress here is what you would do; pour a little wine over the affected area and add some baking powder, leave it for a while to mix then. Once it forms a paste wash it off.
8. How to Remove Coffee Stains
Here is an easy way to remove coffee stains; take cool warm and add a teaspoon of washing soap (liquid), leave it to form then add a teaspoon of white vinegar and allow it to mix properly. Scrub properly with a white piece of cloth.
9. How to clean oven racks
Clean your oven racks by first wiping the racks with a solution of water and dish soap. You can then use a dryer sheet to carefully wipe off the stubborn dirt’s.
10. Break the Outdoor Furniture
To wipe off the dirt from your outdoor furniture use very little water and some dishwashing liquid. Then use a hose to dehydrate it and leave outside to be sun-dried.
11. Put a Kool-Aid to good use
Put your fruit juice mixer to effective toilet washing use by putting a few sachets in the toilet throughout the night, scrub a little in the morning then flush.
12. Polish your Glass Wares with Potatoes
A lot of people don’t know this but if you have water tints in your glass wares such as cups, plates, an effective way to tackle this is by cleaning with potatoes. The potatoes skins eliminate the grimes and give a brand new look.
13. Remove Marks from Paint Wall by using Tennis Balls
Here is a hack that most people don’t know to remove a stain off your newly painted wall, use a tennis ball and rub the wall carefully. Watch the marks go off.
14. Microfiber is your friend
Here is a good hack for your spring cleaning, if your cleaning has to do with water, this is something you might want to try. Replace your cleaning clothes with microfiber. Microfiber can hold more water than your random cleaning clothes.
15. Just two ingredients
When next you want to clean, apply the use of vinegar and baking soda. It makes your cleaning more efficient.
16. Dusting the Ceiling Fan
When next you are trying to wipe off the dust from your ceiling fan, this is what you should do; take old pillow covers and put it over the blade then wipes it gently. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust from the ground.
17. Plantation Shutter Dusting
I am sure plantation windows are not the best part of your windows but here is a hack, hang a microfiber carefully on a knife then go through each slat carefully. A caution is to watch your hands as you do this.
18. Dusting Lamp Shades
Lampshades are very hard to clean but here is what you can do, use a lint roller cloth to go through the lampshades and you have got your lamps cleaned.
19. Clean Vents
Use car wax to make sure your vents are cleaned properly. This is a simple hack you want to try instead of the tedious way.
20. How to Clean a Humidifier
Instead of using chemicals that could cause permanent damage to your humidifier, use a microfiber soaked in vinegar to clean and rinse with water.