Decorating outside for fall is easy using pumpkins, mums and leaves all in rich colors.
- 35+ Creative Mason Jar Halloween Crafts To Upgrade Your Decor This Fall
- 65+ Awesome Halloween Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Creative Pumpkin Carving Ideas You Should Try This Halloween
- 51+ Cool Halloween Porch Decorations
- 51+ Spooky Halloween Party Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Cheap Indoor Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 27+ Creative Halloween Craft Ideas For Kids
- 31+ Scary Halloween Window Decoration Ideas
- 25+ Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas With Trash Bags
- 22 Scary Entrance Ideas For This Halloween
- 23+ Fun & Spooky Halloween Table Decoration Ideas
- 23+ Unexpected Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 56+ No-carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- 74+ Spooky Black & White Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 29+ Best Halloween Wedding Theme Ideas
- 39+ Spooky Halloween Party Ideas
- 20+ Quick & Smart Last Minute Halloween Crafts & Hacks
- 24+ Animal Halloween Costumes For Kids & Adults
- 10+ Fun & Unique Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas
- 50+ Halloween Costumes For Adults
- Halloween Books For Kids
- Great Halloween Books For Preschoolers
- Cheap Homemade Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Costumes For Families
- Coupe Costume Ideas
- Scary Halloween Makeup Ideas
Decorating the yard for fall is full of possibilities. Pumpkins and other gourds come in many shapes and colors, and they are quintessential to creating inviting seasonal looks around the front yard.
Mix in mums in vibrant fall colors and leaves for natural texture. From the mailbox to the front door, these elements of the season are all that is needed to decorate a yard for fall. The following is a list of ideas for using pumpkins, mums and leaves to decorate mailboxes, window boxes, planting beds and front doors.
- Outdoor Pumpkin Displays
- Ideas for Decorating with Mums Outside
- Fall Outdoor Decorating Ideas Using Leaves
Outdoor Pumpkin Displays
One of the first places to look for fall yard decorations is the pumpkin patch. With many different shapes and sizes, pumpkins are also easy to decorate with. In addition, they come in a variety of colors, so if standard orange seems too expected, green, yellow, white or even black offer beautiful and unique options.
Create a mini pumpkin patch around the mailbox using smaller, but varying sized pumpkins. Since this is a small area, it is the place to be creative with colors. A mix of unexpected shades will make a big impact.
Make a whimsical outdoor fall display by creating a family of pumpkin people. Follow directions for making faces out of small pumpkins (similar to jack-o-lanterns using paint and other embellishments) and stack them on top of larger pumpkins in snowman fashion.
Decorate the front door for fall with a pumpkin wreath. Wrap a foam wreath form in orange ribbon and hot glue small (real or faux) pumpkins on top.
#2. The sick pumpkins
#3. Skull pumpkin
#4. Pumpkin snake
#5. Trump pumpkin
#6. Dry ice display
#9. Pumpkin zombies
Ideas for Decorating with Mums Outside
Mums are the most popular flower for outside fall decorating. With full, leafy blooms in a range of colors from sunny yellow to dramatic reds, it is easy to fit them into any landscape design. Try one of these three tips for fall yard displays with mums.
- Mix different types of mums – button, decorative and spider – in individual planters.
- Plant same color mums in flowerbeds with larger plants in the back. Top with mulch in a contrasting color.
- Fill window boxes with favorite mums and add hay for additional texture.
#3. Mums and pumpkins
#4. Mums in wheelbarrow
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas
Fall Outdoor Decorating Ideas Using Leaves
For an inexpensive way to decorate the yard for fall, use leaves. They are readily available in most places and usually just raked up and bagged away, so why not take advantage of the decorating possibilities they offer. While decorating with leaves outside may not provide the most elegant outdoor displays, they are simple, fun and perfect for the season.
- Rake leaves into piles artfully placed around the yard.
- Use leaves as filler in planters, window boxes and front door wreaths.
- Make a real leaf garland by stringing together leaves collected from the yard, and hang it around the front door.
#1. Fall foliage umbrella
#2. Fall mailbox garland
#3. Outdoor lantern
#6. Halloween Wedding
#7. large crock fall
#9. Cotton fall leaf wreath
Decorating outside with pumpkins mums and leaves calls for incorporating other seasonal elements. If fall yard displays need more embellishments, consider gourds, corn stalks or scarecrows.