Find quick tips to add a little romantic spice to your bedroom. Ideas to suit every romantic and decorating style.
What’s better than adding a little romance to the bedroom? But how can that be accomplished in a subtle way that doesn’t seem too over the top or reminiscent of a brothel? The important thing to remember when adding some romance to a bedroom is that romance is different for every person, lacy curtains and small printed flowers are romantic to some while red satin sheets and a fireplace appeal to others. Learn what style is most appealing and then discover ways to incorporate that in the bedroom.
In this article:
- Bedroom Interior Design for a Romantic Retreat
- Romantic Bedroom Ideas
- #1. The nightstand with etched mirror and coveted dairy box
- #2. Lamp made with a bird cage
- #3. Gray and white flannel blanket
- #4. White and bright vintage bedroom
- #5. White draping
- #6. Vintage dressing table with triptych mirrors
- #7. A beautiful gray English bedroom
- #8. Decorating mirror with flowers
- #9. DIY Canopy Bed with Fairy Light
- #10. A fur bedroom
- #11. Accent head board and a colored bedspread
- #12. Bard Door Head Board
The appropriate lighting can add a lot of romance to a room and it’s an easy thing to alter.
- Candles – To some candles are just plain romantic, adding a few to a room can instantly change the feeling. Candles also adjust the lighting in a quick, easy and temporary way.
- Dimmers – A more permanent way to adjust the lighting in a bedroom is by adding dimmer switches to the lights, or even using light fixtures with three way bulbs. This solution provides soft light during those romantic times and functionally bright light for the rest of the time.
- Mirrors – Don’t think mirrors on the ceiling, but using mirrors creatively to double up the lighting in the bedroom and create a visual depth of field that is more expansive.
- Window Treatments – The lighting in a bedroom can also be affected by the window treatments and the natural light that is allowed into a room. Most romantic bedrooms allow little natural light and heavy draperies are preferred.
Obviously bedding plays an important part in creating a bedroom mood but personal preference is an important consideration when selecting bedding.
- Fabric – The type of fabric that is selected for the bedroom should be something that makes the occupant(s) feel sexy and romantic. Many people love satin or silk for a bedroom, but others prefer the softness of cotton or chenille.
- Pattern – Typically loud and bold patterns are not conducive to romance, solid colors or tiny prints work best in romantic bedrooms.
- Color – Learn a little about how colors affect moods to determine which mood is right for the bedroom. Red is a traditional romantic color but shades of red are equally effective as is a clean and crisp white and a soft and gentle blue.
The big items are important but it’s often the smaller touches that mean more and make a bigger difference.
- Fragrance – Certain smells evoke romantic thoughts and feelings and other smells can be repulsive. Know romantic partners well enough to determine what fragrances are the more romantically linked.
- Tokens – Every couple has a little something that means more to them than the rest of the world, save these tokens, photos and other mementos and have them displayed in attractive ways so those treasured memories are always close at hand.
- Texture – Adding different textures provides tactile excitement and energy, something that is key for a romantic bedroom. Each couple should experiment with textured pillows, bedding and accessories to find a combination that is favorable.
- Music – A little soft music can go a long way toward setting a mood. In-wall stereo systems are wonderful but even a simple personal music player will do the trick.
Bedroom Interior Design for a Romantic Retreat
Creating the right setting in a bedroom can enhance the romantic mood during special days like Valentine’s Day and love anniversaries. Incorporating personal mementos, favorite bedroom accessories and fragrances establishes a getaway bedroom environment for a couple. Here are some easy ways to turn a bedroom into an inviting boudoir.
Preparing the Love Bedroom
Decluttering a bedroom is vital in turning it into romantic retreat. Get rid of things that are not related to bedroom activities. These could include work equipment like computers, files and some forms of entertainment like video game consoles. Then dust off and clean the room to freshen it up.
Creating Ambiance with Bedroom Interior Design
Turn the bed into an enticing place for romance by using bedding that is soft and luxurious. For occasions like Valentine’s Day, using red bed linens adds sensuality and color for mood enhancement. Accessorize the bed with fluffy pillows making sure not to place too many as they end up being cumbersome.
A romantic bedroom setting should have soft lighting. Change out harsh light bulbs and replace them with softer lights. Get creative with different bulb colors to give the room a different look without having to paint the walls. Floor lamps or reading lamps are the best as these tend to throw more shadows giving the room an even dreamier look.
Romantic Bedroom Ideas
Have a music system and play soft romantic music to soothe and uplift the soul and mind. Select songs that have special meaning to the couple as this creates sentimentality and brings sweet memories. It could be songs from a first date or wedding dance.
Use fragrant candles or incense, according to personal preference to enhance the bedroom with fragrances that relax the body. Candles also provide romantic lighting in place of light bulbs. However, care should be taken with the use of candles to avoid the risk of fire. Heart shaped color changing LED mini lamps serve the purpose of candles without the flame.
Rose petals create that extra special touch and turn the bedroom into a flowery paradise. Strew rose petals on the bed and the bedroom floor in a creative way. Silk rose petals are ideal and will not leave stains on the bed or carpet. Spray silk petals with rose water to give them a rosy fragrance.
#1. The nightstand with etched mirror and coveted dairy box
#2. Lamp made with a bird cage
#3. Gray and white flannel blanket
#4. White and bright vintage bedroom
#5. White draping
#6. Vintage dressing table with triptych mirrors
#7. A beautiful gray English bedroom
#8. Decorating mirror with flowers
#9. DIY Canopy Bed with Fairy Light
#10. A fur bedroom
#11. Accent head board and a colored bedspread
#12. Bard Door Head Board
Simple accessories and creative imagination can turn a bedroom into a lover’s haven not only for special occasions, but also for a daily love sanctuary. Adding personal touches brings sentimentality for a couple and ensures a bedroom atmosphere that creates a mood for love.
Play with different romantic ideas to find the right combination to create a subtly sexy bedroom full of romantic interest.