Wait, don’t ditch that old window, first take a look at these wonderful Repurposed Old Window Ideas.
Whether you’re replacing your old windows, or have reclaimed some of your own, you should know that there are so many creative things that you can do with them.
Repurposing old windows is a great way to add vintage character to your home. Create a unique look that your friends and family will admire.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- Can Windows Be Recycled?
- What Can You Use Old Windows For?
- How To Decorate Old Window Panes
- 20 Best Repurposed Old Window Ideas
- #1. Write Messages On A Chalkboard Window
- #2. Transform Your Window Into A Mirror
- #3. Make Your Own Window Frame Cabinet
- #4. Create A Window Frame Headboard
- #5. Make It Green With A Window Frame Plant Hanger
- #6. Build Your Own Window Frame Coffee Table
- #7. Get Creative With A Window Pane Fireplace Screen
- #8. Transform Your Window Frame Into A Picture Display
- #9. Create Your Own Window Shadow Box
- #10. Grow Herbs With This Great Window Box Planter
- #11. Unleash Your Style With A Groutless Mosaic Window
- #12. Keep Coats Tidy With A Repurposed Window Rack
- #13. Make Your Own Window Greenhouse
- #14. DIY Bathroom Cabinet
- #15. Extend Your Outdoor Space With A Window Garden Mirror
- #16. Hang Towels On Your Vintage Window Towel Rank
- #17. Light Up The Night With A Repurposed Window Light
- #18. Create Stained Glass Window Art
- #19. Never Get Lost With A Repurposed Window Map Display
- #20. Small Window Greenhouse
- Something New, Something Old
Can Windows Be Recycled?
Many people wonder whether old windows can be recycled.
Old windows can sometimes be recycled, but it’s not a simple process. Unlike glass bottles, the glass in windows is treated differently, making it very hard to recycle.
Many recycling firms just can’t do it.
If you have the option, you shouldn’t leave old windows by the curbside for collection.
Instead of recycling old windows, reuse them. It’s much more environmentally friendly and a great creative opportunity.
What Can You Use Old Windows For?
Old windows can be transformed into greenhouses, rustic headboards, beautiful decorative displays and even plant holders.
You can also transform old windows into coffee tables and window chalkboards.
How To Decorate Old Window Panes
To decorate an old window pane consider hanging a wreath, adding pictures of your family, or even adding ambient lighting.
You can sand them down and add a lick of paint to match your new decor.
20 Best Repurposed Old Window Ideas
Give your old windows a new chance at life with these 20 Best Repurposed Old Window Ideas.
#1. Write Messages On A Chalkboard Window
Use chalk paint to transform your old window into a chalk message board. Window sills are great for storing chalk and erasers.
#2. Transform Your Window Into A Mirror
A splash of silver spray paint will turn your windows into wonderfully reflective mirrors.
#3. Make Your Own Window Frame Cabinet
The best way to display your possessions is through glass. That makes repurposed window frame cabinets brilliant.
#4. Create A Window Frame Headboard
Turn your windows into a bedroom feature by creating a brilliant Repurposed Window Frame Headboard.
#5. Make It Green With A Window Frame Plant Hanger
Repurposed old window frames make great hanging planters. This one hangs perfectly from a tree’s branch.
#6. Build Your Own Window Frame Coffee Table
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas
Store your coffee books stylishly with this repurposed old window coffee table.
#7. Get Creative With A Window Pane Fireplace Screen
Keep out cold draughts while maintaining a perfect view with this DIY Window Pane Fireplace Screen.
#8. Transform Your Window Frame Into A Picture Display
Turn your window frame into an exhibition, with pictures of your family and special places.
#9. Create Your Own Window Shadow Box
Old windows are easily repurposed into shadow boxes, helping you show off your treasures in the kitchen or living room.
#10. Grow Herbs With This Great Window Box Planter
Create an artistic backdrop for your flowers and herbs with this great window box planter.
#11. Unleash Your Style With A Groutless Mosaic Window
Mosaics don’t need to be difficult. An old window makes the perfect frame for an easy and stylish groutless mosaic display.
#12. Keep Coats Tidy With A Repurposed Window Rack
This repurposed window coat rack looks rustic and is an easy way to store your coats with vintage flair.
#13. Make Your Own Window Greenhouse
Have a lot of old windows? Why not build your very own repurposed old window greenhouse?
#14. DIY Bathroom Cabinet
Repurposed old windows make great DIY bathroom cabinets. Why hide your product’s pretty labels when you can put them safely on display?
#15. Extend Your Outdoor Space With A Window Garden Mirror
Enlarge your small garden with reflective surfaces. Repurposed old windows are durable and really add to the outdoor space.
#16. Hang Towels On Your Vintage Window Towel Rank
Nowhere to hang your towels? Make a vintage towel rack out of your old windows!
#17. Light Up The Night With A Repurposed Window Light
Add some fairy lights to create ambient, rustic nightlights with your repurposed windows.
#18. Create Stained Glass Window Art
Be creative and paint your old windows with patterns to create beautiful stained glass art that’s a fitting addition to your new windows.
#19. Never Get Lost With A Repurposed Window Map Display
Look out onto the open road by adding your favorite map to an old window.
#20. Small Window Greenhouse
Greenhouses don’t need to be large. Add one to the end of your house with a few repurposed windows.
Something New, Something Old
Give new life to your old windows by repurposing them into useful household features.
These great designs will help you make the most of your repurposed windows. Adding an authentic rustic feel to your home.
Reusing is always better than recycling.