Everyone wants to spend their time outside, but what if you don’t have to go far away just to enjoy the wonderful scenery? If you are the kind of person who likes to spend time in nature but doesn’t want to spend so much time and money traveling, then why not create a whimsical garden at home?
You are not the only one who will benefit if you have a beautiful whimsical garden, your family and friends can also enjoy it with you!
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- Plants for whimsical Garden
- How to Build a Whimsical Garden
- 1. Burlap covered vase
- 2. Water Wall
- 3. Rolling Garden Cart
- 4. Porch Box Planter
- 5. Tin Lantern
- 6. Upcycled Wagon Planter
- 7. Whimsical Toadstools
- 8. A Watering Can That Pours Crystals
- 9. Flower Pot Fairy Garden
- 10. Pergola Curtains
- 11. Garbage Can Bird Bath in 5 minutes
- 12. Bird Bath Succulent Garden
- 13. Birdcage Succulents Garden Planter
- 15. Teapot Garden Feature
- 16. Fire escape garden
- 17. Teepee made of grasses and plants
- 18. Moss Chair
- 19. Forest unicorn
- 30. Decorate your tree
- 31. Use your extra space for a cool pathway
- 32. Use your old tires
- 33. Small Rose garden
- 34. Add this flowerpot fairy garden
- 35. Be even more creative with your pots
- 36. Use logs for vines
- 37. Log planter
- 38. Reuse old garden gear
- 39. Play with the palette
Plants for whimsical Garden
Creating a whimsical garden at home needs careful planning which includes picking a theme for it. Here, I will provide you with some theme ideas and what plants to include.
Woodland garden – You can add medium trees, shade-loving plants like hosta, astilbe, and ferns. Add more fairy decorations and bold, richly flowers.
Japanese garden – For a Japanese vibe in your house, you can add cherry blossoms, bamboo accents and don’t forget to add a tranquil fountain.
Tropical garden – Make a combination of large brightly colored plants like bush peonies, sunflowers, hydrangea, and dinner-plate dahlia.
How to Build a Whimsical Garden
Now that you have picked your theme, it’s time to make your whimsical garden. Don’t worry! You don’t need to have an extensive gardening skill, hire someone or break your bank just to get your garden like summer-ready.
Decide on a theme for your whimsical garden – Even decorating your garden needs careful planning. You need to decide on a theme for an organized and functional garden.
Pick a color that you want to add to your theme – To keep your garden playful and interesting add more color to hype the visual interest. Choose what combination of color you want and choose plants, furniture, decorations and containers that suit your color scheme.
Arrange a place to enjoy your whimsical garden – when planning for your whimsical garden, decide what is its use for. If you like to sit somewhere near your garden to just chill alone or with friends and family, then you may want to consider creating a space in between or at the side of your whimsical garden.
If you plan on using it for dinner or party, then you need to add a table and when setting up the table, make sure that it is a place where it is comfortable and there is good lighting.
1. Burlap covered vase
2. Water Wall
3. Rolling Garden Cart
4. Porch Box Planter
5. Tin Lantern
6. Upcycled Wagon Planter
7. Whimsical Toadstools
8. A Watering Can That Pours Crystals
9. Flower Pot Fairy Garden
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas
10. Pergola Curtains
11. Garbage Can Bird Bath in 5 minutes
12. Bird Bath Succulent Garden
13. Birdcage Succulents Garden Planter
15. Teapot Garden Feature
16. Fire escape garden
17. Teepee made of grasses and plants
18. Moss Chair
19. Forest unicorn
30. Decorate your tree
If you have a big tree at home and you think it is boring then be creative and add decorations to it!
31. Use your extra space for a cool pathway
Make use of your extra space to be a playful pathway. Prepare to do some landscaping and gather big stones for your pathway. Once you set-up your pathway, do not forget to add colorful flowers and green plants beside it.
32. Use your old tires
You can paint your old tires with different bright colors, cover one side of it and place a healthy soil and start planting your chosen plants. Then you can arrange them however you want in your garden to add a whimsy look!
33. Small Rose garden
You can start your garden by just arranging stones in a circle and planting roses inside of it. Once the roses bloom, it will look stunning. You can also cut some of its stems to plant more rose.
34. Add this flowerpot fairy garden
Got a broken pot? Don’t throw it! Instead, use it as a fairy pot flower garden by adding soil in it and adding some decorations of your own choice.
35. Be even more creative with your pots
Got more pots? Why not add more personality by arranging it uniquely?
36. Use logs for vines
If you have extra logs use them to add height to planters. Make little scenes or vignette with garden art you have on hand.
37. Log planter
Got more logs? Why not use it to plant your flowers?
38. Reuse old garden gear
Instead of buying pots for your flowers why not play with your old garden material like this to add whimsy to your garden.
39. Play with the palette
If the flowers you choose don’t add colors to your garden why not play with your empty bottles like how these blue bottles add vibrancy and pop to your garden?
Adding a whimsical garden in your home will surely adjust your home’s mood to being cheerful and light. It is also very welcoming and inviting to guests. Be playful and spread your creativity by setting up a whimsical garden at home!