Are you in need of a DIY canopy for your bed? Are you bored with the mere sight of your ceiling before you go to sleep, and are tired with a simple bed without a canopy? Look no further. We are going to show you 20 marvellous canopies which you can make for your bedroom! Let us explore together.
In this article:
- The bed transformation
- How to build a DIY canopy
- 27 DIY Canopies You Need To Make For Your Bedroom
- 1. Use a hula hoop
- 2. String light accents over two hula hoops
- 3. Use a curtain rod and table cloth
- 4. Use two mini curtain rods and some cheap fabric
- 5. Use a copper pipe
- 6. Use thumbtacks
- 7. Add some string lights
- 8. Use solid curtains
- 9. Use a study branch
- 10. Use a thick patterned fabric to make a canopy so you can also use it as a headboard
- 11. Drape a sheer pattern
- 12. Use wooden ladder and wrap linen fabric
- 13. Hang tapestry at strategic areas
- 14. Make a Reading Nook
- 15. Make a Fairy Light Canopy
- 16. Use yellow stripes
- 17. A canopy for your kid is the easiest to make!
- 18. Make a camping tent
- 19. Use hot glue and staple gun
- 20. Arrange hooks in a semi-circle and hang ready-made curtains
- 21. Gipsy bed canopy
- 22. Vintage canopy
- 23. DIY Canopy in an hour
- 24. Bohemian canopy
- 25. DIY PVC pipe canopy
- 26. Use old doors to hang the curtain
- 27. Romantic canopy
The bed transformation
When you have a canopy attached to your bed, you get that privy vibe. Canopies just change the look of your bed and converts it to a cosy corner for you to weep and laugh.
How to build a DIY canopy
Building a canopy for bed is easy. No hassles, no panic, infact its fun! You can try building a variety of canopy depending upon your taste. You can use sheets, table cloth, old ladder and much. Sounds weird? We are going to help explore some these weirdly amazing ideas.
27 DIY Canopies You Need To Make For Your Bedroom
1. Use a hula hoop
Are you an introvert who loves to spend time away from the rest of the world… or your roommate? Or do you want a simple idea that is pleasing to your taste and budget? Either way, this is the perfect choice for you.
2. String light accents over two hula hoops
Using string lights, when combined with the variety of styles they come in, offer a wide scope of possibilities. Give your bedroom a twinkling, dreamy look with this canopy.
3. Use a curtain rod and table cloth
Go for a Marie Antione vibe with this simple, but creative design. Turns out that there’s more than one use for a table-cloth!
4. Use two mini curtain rods and some cheap fabric
A little charm goes a long way. Also, this is one of the most cost-effective methods if you’ve seen any.
Related: Types of curtain rods
5. Use a copper pipe
The lack of much equipment to deal with reduces stress, effort and budget but is sure to increase the aesthetic quality of your bedroom.
6. Use thumbtacks
It’s super easy to do this – no need to be a handy-man or a handy-lady!
7. Add some string lights
You thought we were done with string lights? Far from it. Designs such as these not only please the senses but help in lighting your room.
8. Use solid curtains
There’s no place like your bed, and especially a bed blocked off from the rest of the world. This design is one of the best for a person craving for privacy!
9. Use a study branch
Return to nature… or bring nature to your bedroom! Not only is finding a branch cost-effective, but this cheap, elegant design is sure to brighten up your bedroom!
10. Use a thick patterned fabric to make a canopy so you can also use it as a headboard
This is the perfect – and also the easiest – way to add patterns to your bedroom!
11. Drape a sheer pattern
Soothe your eyes before you drop off to sleep! This shear pattern is not only classy, but also extremely easy to set up.
12. Use wooden ladder and wrap linen fabric
Another cost-effective way to brighten your bed. Also, you finally have a use for that old ladder in your attic!
13. Hang tapestry at strategic areas
A classy person needs a classy bed. Return to the royal age with this beautifully adorned canopy.
14. Make a Reading Nook
Made for kids and adults alike, grab a book and retreat to your own little world with this design.
15. Make a Fairy Light Canopy
Ever dreamt of visiting the world of the fairies? Or even better, bring a fairy into your room? Now you can pretend one is going to visit you anytime… with this pretty fairy light canopy!
16. Use yellow stripes
This saves space, and creates a beautiful contrast of colours in your bedroom.
17. A canopy for your kid is the easiest to make!
Well, the little ones need some luxury too. This canopy definitely gives them what they deserve.
18. Make a camping tent
Spice up the imagination with this décor… your child can go camping whenever he or she wants! Now your kid will love being sent to the room.
19. Use hot glue and staple gun
Want a canopy, but not too much effort to spend on it? Here you go.
20. Arrange hooks in a semi-circle and hang ready-made curtains
This arrangement hardly takes up any space, but is one of the first things which will strike the eye of any visitor to your room. Make sure your choice of colours is aesthetically pleasing!
21. Gipsy bed canopy
22. Vintage canopy
23. DIY Canopy in an hour
24. Bohemian canopy
25. DIY PVC pipe canopy
26. Use old doors to hang the curtain
27. Romantic canopy
While canopies date back to ancient times and were used by noblemen for privacy and warmth in cold countries, you can apply the same to your own bedroom in the 21st Century. Use this wide range of creative ideas, and more, to suit your own taste and ambience.