The backyard is a great extension to have. It provides extra space for you, your family, and pets to partake in various activities. In this article, we look at different backyard lighting ideas that you can use to make the areas more appealing.
- How do you string lights in your backyard?
- How do you hang string lights on a pergola?
- What are the brightest solar landscape lights?
- Backyard light pole
- Backyard flood light
- Backyard fence lighting
- 25+ Awesome Lighting Ideas to Beautify Your Backyard
- Hanging jar lanterns
- Solar Powered Chandelier
- Dollar Tree Shepherd Hooks
How do you string lights in your backyard?
Depending on the size of your backyard, you can use different ways to string your lights. If you have trees, they can act as great natural support for the string lights.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
The walls can also act as extra support along with the trees. You can also erect poles on the corners of your backyard to string lights along.
How do you hang string lights on a pergola?
Use the rafters of the pergola as the supports for your string lights. You can string your lights from the corner rafters and have them converge at the middle.
Another way is to have them string top to bottom on the corner rafters of the pergola. You can also hang your string lights from the middle beam and arrange them to make a chandelier. You can vary this arrangement each time to create new designs.
What are the brightest solar landscape lights?
Solar lights are a more energy-efficient way of lighting your backyard. One hundred lumens is adequate to ensure that you have sufficient light for most backyard activities.
Depending on the purpose, you have solar lights that range from 100 lumens to 1300 lumens.
Backyard light pole
Backyard light poles provide beauty and a touch of class to your backyard. They come in different designs and can also double up as security features for your house.
You can use them on the pathway leading to the pergola or the pool in your backyard. They feature a variety of lights such as halogen lights, solar lights, and LED lights. The designs can also be a single bulb or multiple, and you can have them arch over the area that they illuminate.
Backyard flood light
Floodlights are good at ensuring security for your backyard. They are bright enough and make sure you have a good view of the area from the comfort of your house. You can mount them on the roof of your home overlooking the backyard.
Another way is to have them on the corners of your fence, pointing toward your backyard. Motion sensor flood lights are best in that they alert you of any intrusion of your property.
Backyard fence lighting
Backyard fence lights are great for beautifying the area. You can use different colored LEDs to create light shows along your fence. Another way is to use spotlights.
These illuminate a specific area of your backyard, such as wall gardens. String lights also make for excellent fence lighting. You can string the lights along the fence to illuminate the entire area.
25+ Awesome Lighting Ideas to Beautify Your Backyard
Hanging jar lanterns
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas
Solar Powered Chandelier
Dollar Tree Shepherd Hooks
You can use lights to make your backyard a great area to hang out. Whether you opt for fence lighting, floodlights, or string lights, there is an option to suit your every need.