The backyard of your home is always a very important part of your home. This part of your home is always ideal for planting flowers to enhance its beauty.
It can also be used as a relaxing place for the family. It is therefore important to ensure that the landscape for this area is well done to enhance its beauty. There are several ways of creating a good backyard landscape that reflects your passion.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- How do you make a backyard landscape?
- How much does it cost to landscape a backyard?
- How much does it cost to level a backyard?
- What can I do with a large backyard?
- 90 Best Backyard Landscape Ideas
- 1. DIY Patio Paver Backyard Makeover
- 2. Install a Backyard Waterfall
- 3. Backyard Oasis
- 4. Install Raised Garden Beds
- 5. Stock Tank Pool
- 6. Natural Stone Accents
- 7. Install a Solar-Powered Fountain
- 8. Create a Cobblestone Patio
- 9. Four Tier Fleur Fountains
- 10. Install a Rolling Deck Swimming Pool
- 11. Build a Paver Walkway
- 12. Install Landscape Lighting
- 13. Install a Fence
- 14. Install an Outdoor Entertaining Area
- 15. Install a Moongate
- 37. Simple Small DIY Space
- Beautiful Walkway
- Full of bright flowers and plants
- Beautiful foliage
- Rock wall
- A flawless walkway
- Bushes line the raised garden bed against the stone wall
- Black wicker furniture in this beautiful garden
- Walkway has marble slabs in whimsical shapes
- This landscape has low shrubbery on the levels of stone walls
- Japanese lantern sculpture
- Brush surrounding the base of massive trees
- Closeup of the rustic shed in the yard
- Flowers in all different colors surround the deep amber wood of the structure
- Gazebo in the daylight
- Gorgeous pond in the same garden
- Different shades of red, orange, yellow, purple and red
- Backyard Lighting
- River beside the patio
- Calming zen of a traditional Japanese garden
- Backyard sun shade
- The stacked stone wall adds a rustic, homey quality to the landscaping
- Lovely patio area
- Patio Decoration Ideas
How do you make a backyard landscape?
There are eight steps you need to take in order to make a backyard landscape. All of which are essential in creating a successful landscaping job.
- Choose a focal point. Choosing a focal point not only prevents you from getting overwhelmed, but it also makes sure your landscaping job isn’t too cluttered.
- Make a landscape plan. You can use either a drafting software or plain paper. Either way, a plan will keep you focused and allow you to visualize what you need more clearly.
- Begin planting. Work your way out from the focal point taking care to install the largest design elements first.
- Plant trees and shrubs. Make sure you plant your foliage properly to give them a healthy start.
- Plant border areas. Place plants along exterior walls and fences to create a border. A tier pattern is ideal to create a professional look.
- Lay sod. Sod is perfect for any landscaping job. Make sure you install a sprinkler system before laying the sod.
- Beautify shady areas. Avoid dark foliage. Add a splash of color with flowers and different colored plants.
- Add mulch. Pebbles are also a more durable alternative however, mulch is not without its merits. It is essential to use either mulch or pebbles to protect your plants and discourage weed growth.
How much does it cost to landscape a backyard?
Landscaping a backyard is definitely not cheap. It can run anywhere from $3,000 to $15,950 and if you’re starting from scratch, it’s only going to be more expensive.
So make sure your finances are prepared and have a plan in place. You don’t need to be wasting money on something you won’t end up using.
How much does it cost to level a backyard?
A level yard is paramount to the integrity of your home. Not only might it affect the house’s structural integrity, but it’s also a potential hazard. Homeowners in the US have reported to have spent anywhere from $100 to $4500.
What can I do with a large backyard?
There are a number of things you can do with a large backyard. Basically, the sky’s the limit! However, here are eight tips for low-maintenance landscaping for larger yards:
- Install a large patio. All the space certainly deserves a comfy patio. Install seating, some decor and you’re good to go.
- Install multiple decks and patios. Decks are a great idea for outdoor spaces. They can hold a lot of weight and are completely functional too.
- Create multiple outdoor living areas. Spending time outdoors doesn’t have to be a chore, make the most of your large outdoor spaces and unwind by organizing areas for eating, resting and just relaxing.
- Install an artificial grass lawn. If you have a black thumb, artificial grass is a great alternative for keeping your lawn green without all the gardening.
- Cover the area with gravel, wood chips or bark. For a different kind of feel, substitute the grass with something harder.
- Opt for xeriscaping. The lack of real grass will make it easier to maintain your yard. It doesn’t have to be barren and sad, a pebble walkway is just as zen as green green grass.
- Layout a labyrinth. This is a fun way to maximize your space. You don’t need hedges but some pathway changes that make your visitors double back a little in search of another route is still fun.
90 Best Backyard Landscape Ideas
1. DIY Patio Paver Backyard Makeover
This couple transformed their backyard area into a cozy fire pit using pavers. Check out how they did it and turn your backyard into a campfire worthy getaway.
2. Install a Backyard Waterfall
If you’re looking for a relaxing and luxurious installment to your backyard, your own personal waterfall is just the zen addition you need after a hard day.
3. Backyard Oasis
You don’t have to travel far to be in paradise. Just look at this amazing oasis in downtown Orlando. A luxury pool is exactly what you need to fall in love with your backyard.
4. Install Raised Garden Beds
If you love to tend to your plants, installing these raised garden beds will not only keep your plants organized, they’ll allow for you to grow the mini flower fields of your wildest dreams! Check out the DIY below.
5. Stock Tank Pool
Install a stock tank pool if you’re under budget. Keep the rustic chic theme going by aging the exterior as well. Check out the set up below.
6. Natural Stone Accents
If you’re looking to create a cozy relaxing spot to enjoy, adding in natural stone to your outdoor living spaces is a great way to go.
7. Install a Solar-Powered Fountain
If you love birds, one way to attract them is by installing a birdbath. Take it one step further by installing a solar-powered fountain! The solar panel moves around creating movement in the water this attracting more birds.
8. Create a Cobblestone Patio
Cobblestones not only look great in the outdoor setting, but they’re also relatively low maintenance.
9. Four Tier Fleur Fountains
If you’re looking to add a little regal touch, these fleur fountains are timeless classics.
10. Install a Rolling Deck Swimming Pool
A swimming pool with a rolling deck not only protects your pool water from dirt and possible mosquito infestations, it also saves you floor space!
11. Build a Paver Walkway
Let’s face it. Walk ways are just gorgeous. Lowe’s has some very helpful tips on building your own.
12. Install Landscape Lighting
Landscape lighting is not only very important at night, but it is also a good chance to add a magical atmosphere to your backyard.
13. Install a Fence
There are a variety of fences you can choose from. One of our favorites is the living fence.
14. Install an Outdoor Entertaining Area
An outdoor living room of sorts is perfect for chilling out during those cold summer nights.
15. Install a Moongate
Installing a moongate is perfect for a zen type garden.
37. Simple Small DIY Space
Full of bright flowers and plants
A flawless walkway
Bushes line the raised garden bed against the stone wall
Black wicker furniture in this beautiful garden
Walkway has marble slabs in whimsical shapes
This landscape has low shrubbery on the levels of stone walls
Japanese lantern sculpture
Brush surrounding the base of massive trees
Closeup of the rustic shed in the yard
Flowers in all different colors surround the deep amber wood of the structure
Gazebo in the daylight
Gorgeous pond in the same garden
Different shades of red, orange, yellow, purple and red
River beside the patio
Calming zen of a traditional Japanese garden
Backyard sun shade
The stacked stone wall adds a rustic, homey quality to the landscaping
Lovely patio area
Patio Decoration Ideas
There are a variety of ways you can landscape your yard. Opt for something that’ll make you happy and is completely functional as well. Be ready for the expenses and don’t forget to plan it out.