Are you two a romantic couple? Is it Halloween? Are you going to a costume party or ball? Have you been invited to an event where you’re supposed to wear costumes?
- 35+ Creative Mason Jar Halloween Crafts To Upgrade Your Decor This Fall
- 65+ Awesome Halloween Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Creative Pumpkin Carving Ideas You Should Try This Halloween
- 51+ Cool Halloween Porch Decorations
- 51+ Spooky Halloween Party Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Cheap Indoor Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 27+ Creative Halloween Craft Ideas For Kids
- 31+ Scary Halloween Window Decoration Ideas
- 25+ Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas With Trash Bags
- 22 Scary Entrance Ideas For This Halloween
- 23+ Fun & Spooky Halloween Table Decoration Ideas
- 23+ Unexpected Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 56+ No-carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- 74+ Spooky Black & White Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 29+ Best Halloween Wedding Theme Ideas
- 39+ Spooky Halloween Party Ideas
- 20+ Quick & Smart Last Minute Halloween Crafts & Hacks
Since you’re a pair you should celebrate your romance with a couple of couple costume ideas. Maybe you can wear something ironic, like Joker and Harley Quinn (abusive relationship) or Romeo and Juliet (star-crossed lovers who ends up stirring a family feud that kills both them and their family members). Anything goes.
Looking for a creative set of Halloween party costumes for a couple? Conisder dressing up as a celebrity couple, a political couple, or as a cartoon or movie pair. Here are some sugestions.
1. Dorothy and Scarecrow
Who doesn’t love The Wizard of Oz? It’s such an iconic film, from the way it turns its black-and-white backdrop to color to its popularity among the LGBTQ+ community, why not dress as Scarecrow and Dorothy Gale for your couple costume needs.
If you don’t “ship” the two, the guy (or girl) can dress up as the Tin Man or the Cowardly Lion instead. If you want a more LGBT+ twist to things, you can even pair up Dorothy with the Wicked Witch of the West, perhaps using her “Wicked” version as portrayed by Idina Menzel.
2. Wonder Women and Superman
Superheroes are huge in the 2000s and 2010s, so naturally it makes sense to have a couple dress up as Wonder Woman and Superman.
You can go nerdier and instead dress up as Clark Kent and Wonder Woman or Diana Prince and Superman. If you prefer canon couples, you can go as Superman and Lois Lane or Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor (Chris Pine’s character in Wonder Woman 2017).
3. Bonnie and Clyde
There’s something romantic and tragic about the Robin Hood robber tale of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. Sure, they met a grisly end. It’s also problematic to romanticize what’s essentially an American criminal couple during the Public Enemy Era.
They’ve even killed civilians and coppers. Regardless, like with the Joker and Harley Quinn, their Hollywood glamorization care of the film starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway will never be forgotten.
4. Popeye and Olive Oyl
Many Millennials have no idea who Popeye and Olive Oyl are. However, their memories will live long among Baby Boomers or at least the Millennials who were cognizant of pop culture during the 1980s.
The swarthy sailor Popeye might look like a grandfather and the reed-thin Olive might not fit traditional standards of beauty, but they are an iconic cartoon couple nonetheless. You can even have an even more entertaining time by stashing a can of spinach or weed edibles as part of the costume.
5. Ash and Pikachu
Millennials are more familiar with Pokemon as well as post-ironic statements. Sure, wouldn’t it make more sense for a couple to go to a costume ball or Halloween party as Ash Ketcham and Misty? Or maybe Ash could end up with his more recent female companions like May, Dawn, Serena, and so forth.
However, many Millennials tongue-in-cheek believe that Pikachu is Ash’s one true love, even though inter-species romance and bestiality is probably taboo in the world of Pokemon or even our world.
6. Pilot and Flight Attendant
This might seem blasé in comparison to the more copyrighted and fictional entries in this list save for Bonnie and Clyde, but it’s a costume idea that works in 2019.
Variations of this would be a boss and his sexy secretary or maybe Remington Steele and Laura Holt for the Generation X youngsters out there. It’s not exactly a progressive power dynamic for sure, unless you’re a cross-dressing couple. Still, for whatever reason, this theme has gained traction in popularity through the years.
7. KFC and chicken couple
8. Jack and Jill
9. Little red riding hood and the wolf
10. Wine and cheese
11. Jack and Sally
12. Adult Avocado Couple Costume
13. Men in black costume
14. Dalmatian Couple’s Costume
15. Minion and Dr. Gru–Ryan
16. Harley Quinn and The Joker
17. French Chef Couple’s Costume
18. Morticia and Gomez Addams Family Couple’s Costume
19. Katy Perry and Left Shark Costumes
20. Hugh and Bunny (Playboy Halloween Couple Costume)
21. DIY Bandit Halloween Costume
22. Beetlejuice and Lydia Couple Costume
23. The Doctor and the Tardis
24. Daenaries and Kal from Game of Thrones
25. Corpse Bride
26. Eleven and Mike
27. Sully and Boo
Celebrity Couples Costumes
One classic idea is to dress up as a famous celebrity couple. The trick is to find a couple that is distinctive enough in appearance that partygoers will identify them. Of course, celebrity masks are available at costume shops, which will make it easier for guests to recognize the couple.
One of the most popular celebrity costume choices is Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. For Brad, be sure to get that trademark floppy hat, along with a few day’s worth of stubble.
For Angelina, go glamorous with a gown and a long brown wig, along with fake tattoos, dark sunglasses, and enough exaggerated lipstick to achieve something akin to Angelina’s huge pucker. For added effect, Angelina can be pregnant.
Other possible celebrity Halloween costumes include:
- Sonny and Cher
- Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
- Will and Jada Pinkett Smith
- Jon and Kate Gosselin
- Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
- Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag
- David and Victoria Beckham
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles
Political Couples Costumes
One of the most popular costume choices in this category is the Barack Obama and Michelle Obama ensemble, which is readily available at costume shops. The couple should be dressed to impress, and the President really should be wearing an Ameican flag pin on his lapel. If the couple has two little girls, they can be Malia and Sasha.
Other political couple costume choices include:
- Bill and Hillary Clinton
- George and Barabara Bush
- George H.W. and Laura Bush
- Ronald and Nancy Reagan
- John F. and Jackie Kennedy
- Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky
- George and Martha Washington
- Nicholas Sarkozy and Carla Bruni
- Mikhail and Raisa Gorbachev
- Antony and Cleopatra
Movie Couples Costumes
One of the most fun ways to dress up for Halloween is as a favorite movie character couple. One favorite look is Neo and Trinity from The Matrix movies. This is a sexy choice that requires an abundance of black leather and really cool dark shades. Other suggestions include:
- Danny and Sandy from Grease
- Janet and Brad from the Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Batman and Robin
- Batman and Catwoman
- Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara from Gone With the Wind
- Jack and Rose from Titanic
Cartoon Character Couples Costumes
Dressing up as a cartoon character couple is another fun way to celebrate Halloween. A favorite cartoon pair is Homer and Marge Simpson, whcih, of course, should include a giant blue wig for Marge. Other choices include:
- Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Shrek and Princess Fiona
- Popeye and Olive Oyl
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Donald and Daisy Duck
- Fred and Wilma Flintstone
- Aladdin and Jasmine
- Beauty and the Beast
- Lady and the Tramp
Dressing up as a couple for Halloween is twice as much fun as dressing up alone! Try out some of these memorable couples costumes that are sure to make for a memorable Halloween.
There are indeed a lot of costume ideas to choose from when you’re a couple simply because there are tons of couples throughout history, whether they’re from fiction or nonfiction.
You can go for the obscure in order to tickle the brains of your nerdier friends or the popular ones using today’s trends. You can even make non-canon couple costumes like Captain America and Black Widow or Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Again, anything goes; just don’t go too taboo.