A wall hung or rear vented toilet can have several benefits. From bathroom design, to the layout of the pipes and the room, a wall hunt toilet can serve many purposes.
Wall hung toilets may have gotten their start in commercial uses, but are quickly gaining popularity in residential bathrooms as well. Whether the pitch of the room means that the toilet cannot be vented down, or whether a small bathroom design could be visually enhanced with additional floor space, a wall mount toilet can be a design element worth considering.
In this article:
- Cement Substrates and Inadequate Pitch
- Wall Hung Toilets in Small Bathroom Design
- Wall Hung Toilets in Modern Bathroom Design
- Wall Mount Toilet Home Design Remodeling
- #1. Power room with wall-mount sink and a wall-mount toilet
- #2. Contemporary multicolored tile and slate tile bathroom remodel with a wall-mount sink, a wall-mount toilet and orange walls
- #3. Trendy bathroom with a wall-mount toilet, black walls and an integrated sink
- #4. Trendy gray tile bathroom with a wall-mount sink, a wall-mount toilet and white walls
- #5. Inspiration for an industrial powder room remodel with a wall-mount sink and a wall-mount toilet
- #6. Small trendy white tile and stone tile porcelain floor bathroom with an undermount sink, flat-panel cabinets, light wood cabinets, a wall-mount toilet and gray walls
- #7. Mid-sized contemporary gray tile and porcelain tile porcelain floor powder room remodel with a wall-mount toilet, gray walls and a wall-mount sink
- #8. Trendy powder room with a vessel sink, flat-panel cabinets, white cabinets, a wall-mount toilet and white walls
- #9. Mountain style brown tile brown floor alcove shower with a wall-mount toilet
- #10. Small rustic beige tile and pebble tile powder room with wood countertops, a wall-mount toilet, a trough sink and brown countertops
- #11. Powder room with a wall-mount toilet and multicolored walls
- #12. Small beach style beige tile and ceramic tile medium tone wood floor powder room
- #13. Trendy pebble tile floor bathroom design with a vessel sink and green walls
- #14. Small minimalist 3/4 gray tile and stone tile marble floor bathroom design
- #15. Small traditional white tile, gray tile and ceramic tile ceramic floor and gray floor powder room
- #16. Contemporary freestanding bathtub remodel with a wall-mount toilet and a wall-mount sink
- #17. Ceramic floor powder room with a vessel sink, dark wood cabinets, marble countertops, a wall-mount toilet and black walls
- #18. Trendy powder room with a vessel sink, a wall-mount toilet and green walls
- #19. Trendy powder room design with a wall-mount sink, a wall-mount toilet and multicolored walls
Cement Substrates and Inadequate Pitch
In some urban buildings and small bathrooms, a toilet is unable to be vented through the floor of the room like a conventional toilet. This can happen for two reasons.
If the substrate in the bathroom is made of concrete or another substance difficult to penetrate cleanly, a rear vented toilet may be required. This means that instead of the toilet sitting on a pipe in the floor, the waste will need to go backwards into the wall. For modern bathrooms, a wall hung toilet can serve the same purpose, with additional style.
Occasionally, in small bathrooms, the plumber may be unable to pitch the drain of the toilet from the floor back to the stack line and waste line adequately. In this case, the toilet will need to be hung from the wall as well.
Wall Hung Toilets in Small Bathroom Design
For small bathrooms and powder rooms, a wall hung toilet can help to visually enlarge a room. If the toilet tank is concealed in the wall, the toilet will appear to be much smaller, taking up less room, which in turn will visually enlarge the surrounding wall and area.
Since the toilet sits up off of the ground, allowing the tile or flooring to continue uninterrupted beneath it, the eye can continue to follow the floor pattern out the wall, also making the room appear larger.
Wall Hung Toilets in Modern Bathroom Design
There is no denying that a concealed tank, wall mount toilet is often sleek and minimal in its design. This makes a wall hung toilet the perfect complement to many modern bathroom designs.
If a wall mounted vanity, or vessel sink with a wall mounted faucet is also used in the bathroom design, the wall hung toilet can also act as a cohesive design element, bringing together the different components of the room.
Wall mounted toilets can be difficult to install and will require a plumber to mount the carrier properly to ensure the toilet’s safety. Choose a toilet whose design compliments the rest of the bathroom; if a suite of china is not available, use the same manufacturer for all fixtures to ensure that the color of white is consistent.
A wall hung toilet can be the perfect finishing touch to many bathroom designs, and an important element of several more. Consider the use of a wall mount toilet today and achieve a bathroom design with style.