Celebrate Halloween as a family with family costumes, homemade candy and treats, and easy, spooky decorations the kids can easily make.
- 35+ Creative Mason Jar Halloween Crafts To Upgrade Your Decor This Fall
- 65+ Awesome Halloween Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Creative Pumpkin Carving Ideas You Should Try This Halloween
- 51+ Cool Halloween Porch Decorations
- 51+ Spooky Halloween Party Decoration Ideas
- 51+ Cheap Indoor Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 27+ Creative Halloween Craft Ideas For Kids
- 31+ Scary Halloween Window Decoration Ideas
- 25+ Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas With Trash Bags
- 22 Scary Entrance Ideas For This Halloween
- 23+ Fun & Spooky Halloween Table Decoration Ideas
- 23+ Unexpected Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 56+ No-carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- 74+ Spooky Black & White Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 29+ Best Halloween Wedding Theme Ideas
- 39+ Spooky Halloween Party Ideas
- 20+ Quick & Smart Last Minute Halloween Crafts & Hacks
- 24+ Animal Halloween Costumes For Kids & Adults
- 10+ Fun & Unique Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas
- 50+ Halloween Costumes For Adults
- Halloween Books For Kids
- Great Halloween Books For Preschoolers
- Cheap Homemade Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Costumes For Families
- Coupe Costume Ideas
- Scary Halloween Makeup Ideas
It’s time to get started, especially if you’re going to make some of the costumes, candy, and decorations from scratch and you should. Kids can learn to put a hem in, cut-out paper ghosts, and measure cupfuls of sugar. They’ll be using math, improving their hand-eye coordination, and having such a great time they won’t realize they’re learning.
Creative Family Costumes
Since it is an election year the stores will be full of political costumes and, for many people, nothing is scarier than a family of politicians.
Some ideas: Everyone in Hawaiian luau costumes with grass skirts in honor of Barack Obama’s home state? Or all the aunts in Hillary Clinton rainbow-colored pant suits? Or the baby in a Cindy McCain wig? Halloween is the one time of year when it’s important to be completely irreverent – and to overdose on candy.
Once the family’s decided on a theme – politicians, zombies, bumblebees, wizards, witches, pumpkins – then look for costumes. Easy patterns, including a cute family of penguins can be found at Simplicity.com.
If you don’t sew, there are loads of ready-made, group costumes at Halloween Express, Target, Wal-Mart, and CVS. A closet raid at Grandma’s might reveal 70s-style tracksuits, muu’muus and who knows what other gems. Be creative and open-minded and the costumes will come.
- Dollar Store Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Topiary Ideas
- Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas
- Gothic Halloween Decor Ideas
- Halloween Trophy Ideas
- Halloween Tombstone Ideas
- Scary Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Lighting Ideas For Halloween Night
- Haunted House Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Wreath Ideas
- Vintage Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Halloween Outdoor Decoration Ideas