Nothing is more exciting to receive than a handmade gift from a child. Here are a few simple ideas for gifts that will be remembered for years to come.
- 16+ Elegant Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- 19+ Creative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- 25+ Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 13+ Cute and Easy Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 27+ Fun Christmas Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
- 21+ Best DIY Christmas Light Ideas
- 10+ Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 38+ Farmhouse Christmas Decor Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Porch Decoration Ideas
- 36+ Christmas Wall Decorating Ideas
- 40+ Indoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 38+ Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Tree Topper Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Wedding Decor Ideas
- 16+ Christmas Wood Sign Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
- 21+ Outdoor Christmas Planter Decor Ideas
- 30+ Christmas Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Cake Stand Decorating Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 28+ Gold Christmas Decor Ideas
- 22+ Blue Christmas Decor Ideas
Creative Christmas Crafts: Photo Frames
Chances are your child will have a holiday photo this year- whether it’s a studio portrait or a candid taken in the backyard, it’s a wonderful idea to present family members and friends with a creatively framed photograph.
Go to a craft store or dollar store and purchase a number of plain wooden frames. These can then be painted by the child, who can add number stickers for the year, glitter, buttons, or other embellishments.
#1. Xmas Popsicle stick frames
#2. Photo frame ornaments pictured
#3. Snowman Picture Frame
#4. 2d Christmas Photo Frames
#5. Puzzle Piece Frame
#6. Easy Christmas Craft Stick Photo Frames
Holiday Crafts: Homemade Ornaments
There are so many fun ideas for homemade Christmas ornaments kids can make themselves to give to relatives, teachers or friends. Oriental Trading sells a huge variety of easy-to-assemble Christmas crafts- one of their easiest is the snowflake ornament pictured below (only $7.95 for 12 wooden ornament kits).
Even if you don’t want to order craft kits, you can assemble snowflake ornaments easily on your own with popsicle sticks, a hot glue gun (for use by parents only!) and some glitter glue. Kids can sign and date the ornaments, which will make them a nice keepsake for friends and family.
#1. Santa Stick
#2. Popsicle stick stars
#3. Christmas Tree Ornament
#4. Christmas Tree Craft
#5. Christmas Puzzles
Creatively Cute: Footprint Christmas Trees
This holiday craft makes the perfect keepsake item, especially for grandparents who have multiple grandchildren. You will need an 11 x 14 piece of poster board (for easy framing), washable poster paints, construction paper, some glitter glue or decorative holiday confetti to ‘decorate’ the trees, and some barefoot kids!
You can either use white poster board with green paint, or green or blue poster board with white paint. If you have, for example, three different aged kids, you have them ‘step’ in the paint (by placing some in a shoe box) and put their footprints on the poster board all facing in the same direction.
It is amazing how much upside-down kids footprints look like Christmas trees when decorated! Add a construction paper star (you could use a rubber stamp also) to the top of each tree.
Decorate trees with glitter balls or holiday confetti ‘ornaments.’ Have each child ‘sign’ their names below their tree footprints, and write the year in the corner. Frame, wrap, and presto! Inexpensive, easy holiday keepsake gifts.