Kids love doing holiday arts and crafts projects. Here are some holiday craft ideas and simple Christmas decorations for preschoolers and young children to make.
Need some holiday craft ideas for preschoolers this season? This article provides some simple Christmas crafts and decorations that young children can make in the month of December.
Try working with the little ones to create some of these great holiday craft ideas for preschoolers using every day items easily found around the house or at the nearest craft store.
- Holiday Decorations With Glitter
- Holiday Candles and Angels With Cardboard Tubes
- Other Christmas Crafts for Preschool Kids and Toddlers
- #1. Winter Mitten Craft for Preschoolers
- #2. Melted Snowman Shape Craft Collage
- #3. Paper Polar Bear on Ice Craft for Kids
- #4. Polar Bear Masks
- #5. Name Snowmen
- #6. Winter Tree Finger Painting
- #7. Snowflake Handprints
- #8. Snowman paper plate masks
- #9. Cotton Balls Penguin Craft
- #10. Snowglobes
- #11. Winter Hats Craft for Kids
- #12. Bottle Cap Penguin Craft for Kids
- #13. Snowy Day Collage
- #14. Cotton Ball Snowman
- #15. Paper bag snowman puppet
- #16. Polar Bear Paper
- #17. DIY Fingerprint Gingerbread Man Craft For Kids
- #18. Polar Bear Handprint
- #19. Q-tip painted snowflake crafts
- #20. Snowmen Feet
- #21. Popsicle Stick Hot Chocolate Mug
- #22. Foam Cup Snowmen
Holiday Decorations With Glitter
Glitter is a great craft item to have handy when making holiday decorations and crafts with preschoolers and young children. Using any of the following items easily found in nature and a little bit of glue paste or liquid starch, children could easily create beautiful, glittering holiday decorations:
Simply prepare a flat surface as the work area by lining it with old newspaper. Paint any of the items above with glue paste or liquid starch using an old paintbrush. Lay the item flat on the work surface and sprinkle glitter of any holiday color (such as green, red, silver and gold) and let dry for a couple of hours.
Another even easier glitter project would be to paint swirls and other patterns onto plain Christmas tree ornaments with complementary-colored glitter glue.
Holiday Candles and Angels With Cardboard Tubes
Get creative with empty, discarded toilet paper rolls or paper towel tubes this holiday season by creating some great Christmas decorations and crafts.
Make an angel by following these simple steps:
- Apply glue to a cardboard tube and wrap with white tissue paper.
- Paint or draw a face and hair onto a styrofoam ball and glue to the top of the tube.
- Form a gold or yellow pipe cleaner into a halo and attach the stem to the back of the angel’s head.
- Form a white pipe cleaner (or two) into wings and glue to the back of the angel.
- Tie a gold bow around the tube under the angel’s head.
To make a candle, follow these easy directions:
- Cut a small circle out of wax paper and wrap the top of the cardboard tube. Secure with elastic.
- Apply glue to the tube and wrap with colored construction paper.
- Cut a slit in the wax paper and attach a piece of orange or yellow construction paper cut to resemble a candle flame.
- Glue and cover a small cardboard ring with construction paper to make a candleholder.
- Glue the tube (candle) to the candleholder.
- Decorate the candleholder with holly and berries, either made with construction paper or found in nature.
#1. Cardboard Tube Gnomes
#2. Hanukah Menorah From Recycled Cardboard Tubes
#3. Cardboard tube chanukiah
#4. Christmas Candles
Other Christmas Crafts for Preschool Kids and Toddlers
#1. Winter Mitten Craft for Preschoolers
#2. Melted Snowman Shape Craft Collage
#3. Paper Polar Bear on Ice Craft for Kids
#4. Polar Bear Masks
#5. Name Snowmen
#6. Winter Tree Finger Painting
#7. Snowflake Handprints
#8. Snowman paper plate masks
#9. Cotton Balls Penguin Craft
#11. Winter Hats Craft for Kids
#12. Bottle Cap Penguin Craft for Kids
#13. Snowy Day Collage
#14. Cotton Ball Snowman
#15. Paper bag snowman puppet
#16. Polar Bear Paper
#17. DIY Fingerprint Gingerbread Man Craft For Kids
#18. Polar Bear Handprint
#19. Q-tip painted snowflake crafts
#20. Snowmen Feet
#21. Popsicle Stick Hot Chocolate Mug
#22. Foam Cup Snowmen
Making holiday crafts and Christmas decorations with preschoolers can be easy with craft items found around the house this holiday season. Get creative with glitter, household recyclables, and items easily found outdoors. Engage young children in some great holiday craft ideas, Christmas projects, and fun activities to get the kids in the joyous spirit.