They love their grandchildren unconditionally. How can children and parents return a grandparent’s special love at the holidays? Let’s take a look at some creative, easy, inexpensive gifts you can give to the caring grandparents in your life.
In this article
- 16+ Elegant Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- 19+ Creative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- 25+ Inexpensive Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 13+ Cute and Easy Christmas Ornament Ideas
- 27+ Fun Christmas Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
- 21+ Best DIY Christmas Light Ideas
- 10+ Quick and Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 38+ Farmhouse Christmas Decor Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Porch Decoration Ideas
- 36+ Christmas Wall Decorating Ideas
- 40+ Indoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 38+ Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Tree Topper Ideas
- 18+ Christmas Wedding Decor Ideas
- 16+ Christmas Wood Sign Ideas
- 25+ Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
- 21+ Outdoor Christmas Planter Decor Ideas
- 30+ Christmas Front Door Decoration Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Cake Stand Decorating Ideas
- 22+ Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 28+ Gold Christmas Decor Ideas
- 22+ Blue Christmas Decor Ideas
Christmas Gifts for Grandparents: Go Digital
In this day and age, even grandparents have gone digital! If they don’t already have one, the digital camera makes the perfect gift. If they do have one, maybe it needs an extra memory card or battery… or consider a gift certificate to an online photo site so they can pick out Christmas prints.
Another perfect gift for the cutting-edge grandma or grandpa is a digital frame or digital photo keychain, so they can show off grandbaby pictures to all their friends and neighbors!
#1. Baby Photo Announcement
#2. DIY Photo Cubes Craft
Great Grandparent Gifts: At Your Service!
Spoil Nanny and Pop Pop this Christmas with something they wouldn’t normally buy for themselves. A gift certificate to a spa for twin massages, a monthly cleaning service for their house, or some golf lessons are a thoughtful gift that will be appreciated after the holidays.
If a bunch of adult kids are chipping in, a weekend at a bed and breakfast would be a lovely present.
Gift to Last the Whole Year: Photo Calendar
Collect pictures from all the kids and grandkids from throughout the year, go online and create your own photo calendar. You can use snow pictures for January, beach pictures for August, and so forth.
Kodak and Shutterfly both have different page layouts so you can include more than one photo on a page if you like. Some calendar programs even let you customize the days of the month, so you can add family birthdays, anniversaries and other events as helpful reminders.
#1. Photo Calendar Gift
#2. Personalized DIY photo calendar
Personal Holiday Gift for Granny and Gramps: Handmade Ornaments
One of the most treasured gifts you can give to proud grandparents is homemade Christmas ornaments. Grandkids could get together for a trip to the local pick and paint pottery studio and make a ‘matching’ set of ornaments hand-painted and dated in each of their different styles.
Or, check out craft stores for ornament making kits, or simply purchase inexpensive wooden ornaments in Christmas shapes that can be embellished with glitter and sequins.