Gardens are a great way to add natural beauty to any space. You can plant flowers or even grow essential ingredients for your kitchen.
They also make for great DIY projects and can be started anywhere. In this article, we look at some ideas for plastic bottle vertical gardens.
- 68+ Lawn Edging Ideas
- 75+ Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- 50+ Cottage Style Garden Ideas
- 21+ Genius Garden Ideas on Low Budget
- 30+ DIY Greenhouse Ideas
- 51+ Front Landscaping Garden Ideas
- 27+ Clever Gardening Hacks & Tricks
- 90+ Small Patio Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 33+ Beautiful Vintage Garden Decor Ideas
- 57+ Best Succulent Garden Ideas
- 31+ Repurposed Old Door Ideas For Your Backyard
- 31+ Gorgeous Built-in Planter Box Ideas
- 58+ Cool Storage Shed Ideas
- 65+ Beautiful Garden Path Ideas
- How do you make a hanging garden out of a plastic bottle?
- Which plants can be grown in bottles?
- 1. Recycled milk bottles
- 2. Green wall made from plastic bottles
- 3. Making a Plastic Soda Bottle Hanging Planter
- 4. Plenty of basil growing in vertical garden
- 5. Succulent in Wall Planters
- 6. Fence garden
- 7. A Vertical Garden from Soda Bottles
- 8. Plastic bottle recycle
- 9. Vertical garden on Pallet
- 10. Indoor Bottle Herb Garden – From Recycled Milk Bottles
- 11. Self Watering Vertical Garden
- 12. Re-cycled hanging container
- 13. Upcycled Soda Bottle Vertical Garden
- 14. Small Space Vertical Garden Made From Soda Bottles
- 15. Vertical Garden Using Plastic Milk Bottles
- 16. DIY Vertical Onion Planter
- 17. DIY Vertical Gardening
- 18. DIY Self-Watering Seed Starter Pot Planter
- 19. DIY Vertical Plastic Bottle Tower Gardening
- 20. Plastic Bottle Herb Garden
- 21. Indian Bottle Face
- 22. Cute Flower Pots
- 23. DIY Plastic Bottle
- 24. Plastic Bottle Planters
- 25. Cat Planter
- 26. Cat Flower Pot
- 27. HedgeHog Planter
- 28. Hanging Flower Pot
- 29. Plastic Bird House
- 30. Planter Made From A Milk Container
- 31. Cute DIY Face Planter
How do you make a hanging garden out of a plastic bottle?
To start you off on your hanging garden, you will need some essential materials as listed below:
- Four plastic bottles. Old two-liter soda bottles are perfect.
- A skewer
- Hardened paper. An old cereal box will do just fine.
- A pair of scissors
- Gardening soil. You can get this from a flower store or dig some dirt from your yard.
- Seedlings. You have a wide selection to choose from when you visit your local gardening store.
Cut the bottles horizontally on one side and remove the extra piece. The final result should resemble a water trough like the one used by animals on farms.
The plants will grow out from here, and it needs to be large enough for you to be able to work. The area between the neck of the bottle and the base is large enough for this space. Ensure the bottle cap is still on to prevent the soil from draining out once you fill it in
Poke holes along the side and base of the container to provide drainage holes. Pass the string through the holes closest to the ends.
These will be used to hang your garden. Line the interior of the bottle with the paper and then fill in the gardening soil.
Transplant your seedlings into the new garden and then add the required amount of water. Hand the plastic garden to whatever area that you see fit around your home.
Which plants can be grown in bottles?
Herbs and spices such as coriander and basil, make for excellent plastic garden plants. They root easily and do not require much care once they are established.
Some awesome vertical garden ideas that might interest you:
1. Recycled milk bottles
2. Green wall made from plastic bottles
3. Making a Plastic Soda Bottle Hanging Planter
4. Plenty of basil growing in vertical garden
5. Succulent in Wall Planters
6. Fence garden
7. A Vertical Garden from Soda Bottles
8. Plastic bottle recycle
9. Vertical garden on Pallet
10. Indoor Bottle Herb Garden – From Recycled Milk Bottles
11. Self Watering Vertical Garden
You can create a self-watering garden by using other smaller bottles. Drill some small holes into the cap of the small bottle and insert it upside down into the soil of your garden.
The water will slowly slip into the garden as the plants need it. Only refill the bottle once the water runs out.
12. Re-cycled hanging container
13. Upcycled Soda Bottle Vertical Garden
14. Small Space Vertical Garden Made From Soda Bottles
15. Vertical Garden Using Plastic Milk Bottles
16. DIY Vertical Onion Planter
17. DIY Vertical Gardening
18. DIY Self-Watering Seed Starter Pot Planter
19. DIY Vertical Plastic Bottle Tower Gardening
20. Plastic Bottle Herb Garden
21. Indian Bottle Face
22. Cute Flower Pots
23. DIY Plastic Bottle
There are many ways you can arrange your plastic bottle gardens. You can plant a variety of flowers and herbs and combine them to create fantastic foliage patterns.
Areas such as your terrace, backyard wall, or even the porch are great places to have these arrangements.
24. Plastic Bottle Planters
25. Cat Planter
26. Cat Flower Pot
27. HedgeHog Planter
28. Hanging Flower Pot
29. Plastic Bird House
30. Planter Made From A Milk Container
31. Cute DIY Face Planter
Plastic bottle gardens are not only a cheap way to decorate your home but also help in reducing pollution in the environment. Do your part and recycle to make your area cleaner.