As the dreary days of winter fade away, decorating for spring is one of the easiest ways to welcome the season.
When spring arrives in March, almost everyone is ready – ready for sunshine, flowers and color. One easy way to get into the spring of things is through home decorating.
Even if the weather is still a little chilly, decorating for spring makes everyone feel happier and inspired. Include spring touches inside the house with these easy decorating ideas.
In this article:
- Decorate With Flowers On Everything
- Paint a Piece of Furniture to Make It Stand Out
- #1. Spring Furniture Makeover: Aqua Credenza
- #2. Spring Painted Dresser
- #3. Add a Driftwood Finish to Furniture
- #4. Spring Green Dresser
- #5. Paint Color Highlight – Spring Colors
- #6. Spring Paint Colors
- #7. Colorhouse DIY Nursery and painted dresser
- #8. Customize Your Own Bedroom Dresser
- #9. Ballard Designs Spring
- #10. Spring in the Entryway
- Quick Decorating Changes for Spring
Decorate With Flowers On Everything
#1. Decorate with Flowers book
#2. Cheery + Charming
Huge trends from the fashion runway, flowers are also a great way to decorate for spring. Natural flower arrangements always bring in a spring mood, but it is the home accessories featuring floral prints popping up everywhere that add interest to boring rooms.
Thankfully, items from linens to lampshades to serving pieces covered in dainty, pastel flowers and bold, lush blooms can be found on most store shelves in all price points. Choose two or three pieces in colors that coordinate with a room’s design to make the space more cheery.
Paint a Piece of Furniture to Make It Stand Out
#1. Spring Furniture Makeover: Aqua Credenza
#2. Spring Painted Dresser
#3. Add a Driftwood Finish to Furniture
#4. Spring Green Dresser
#5. Paint Color Highlight – Spring Colors
#6. Spring Paint Colors
#7. Colorhouse DIY Nursery and painted dresser
#8. Customize Your Own Bedroom Dresser
#9. Ballard Designs Spring
Benjamin Moore’s Lucerne (Navy, black, dark brown)Bunny GrayAlabaster: Natural lightGecko GreenExotic PinkSource
#10. Spring in the Entryway
Paint is one of the easiest ways to change the look of something, and it does not have to be an entire room to make a difference. Painting a piece of furniture is an unexpected new color adds a pop of color and creates an appealing focal point.
For spring, think about yellow, green and pink as colors that symbolize the season, while blue or purple can also offer a fresh burst of color. Good pieces to paint are accent chairs, end tables and buffets.
They look great anywhere in the house, but create fun visual interest in an entryway, bathroom or kids’ room.
Quick Decorating Changes for Spring
#1. Coffee table with bohemian decor
#2. Faux Forsythia Branch
#3. Update your lighting
#4. Old lanterns + mason jar
#5. Ribbon makeover + Cheery yellow
#6. Change your candles or diffusers to summery scents
Decorating a home for spring does not always mean buying something or taking on a DIY project. Sometimes all that is needed for a quick change is swapping out pieces already in the house to create an entirely new look. These simple changes help any home look ready for spring.
- Rearrange the furniture to take advantage of windows and the light pouring in. Place the sofa in front of a window or turn a rectangular dining table perpendicular to windows.
- Remove heavy curtains from windows and raise the shades to let the sunlight in.
- Store heavy blankets from the sofa and beds in baskets or a nearby closet. Replace them with light throws if some snuggling is needed.
- Bring in flowers and other natural elements from outside as they start to appear.
Like spring, redecorating is about newness and change. It is easy to understand why making a few small changes – or one major one – in home decorating is an easy way to welcome the season.