Serve a Thanksgiving meal on a beautifully decorated table using these ideas for holiday table settings, centerpieces and accessories.
When it comes to food, thanksgiving is a holiday of traditions. Turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie define the holiday dinner for many families.
While the recipes return year after year, the table they are served on provides an opportunity to make Thanksgiving dinner different from last year.
Use these decorating tips for Thanksgiving tables to help plan china selection, centerpieces and all the special details.
Choose a Thanksgiving Table Setting
When planning Thanksgiving table settings, the first decision to make is what type of look to create. A classic style will use traditional elements, while a modern table might use only a harvest color scheme.
With any style, consider these three tips for Thanksgiving themed table settings.
- Bring in fall color with accent pieces such as napkins, place cards and flowers.
- Include one item that is specifically for Thanksgiving – mini cornucopias as place card holders or salad plate with a turkey image.
- Add an element of surprise to the table setting whether it is simply a square dinner plate or the unexpected use of tree bark used as chargers.
Make Easy Thanksgiving Centerpieces
A centerpiece is one of the first things guests notice on a dinner table, and it plays a big part in decorating a table especially for the holidays.
For Thanksgiving centerpieces, the options go far beyond a bouquet of flowers, although fall blooms can be used creatively. Use these three centerpiece ideas for Thanksgiving table inspiration.
- A cornucopia filled with fall’s bounty is a classic Thanksgiving decoration, and it is perfect for a traditional table.
- Create a stunning natural centerpiece with colorful mums and wheat stalks tied with pretty ribbon.
- Make a table runner centerpiece out of pumpkins in different shapes and sizes.
Tip: Remember to choose a centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner appropriate for the holiday table. Serving food on a buffet or counter allows for a more elaborate centerpiece, but with food on the table, a smaller design might be best.
Accessorize a Thanksgiving Dinner Table
To complete Thanksgiving table settings, remember the little touches that make it special. This is the area to really have fun and include handmade touches.
There are hundreds of tutorials on how to create accessories for table settings. Although these pieces are not necessary for Thanksgiving, especially if only close family is expected, they are still fun ways to add a personal touch holiday table settings.
Here are three examples for place cards, napkin rings and individual place setting decorations.
- Write guests’ names on place cards cut in leaf shapes.
- Tie autumn-hued napkins with elegant satin ribbon, and stick in stalks of wheat or a few leaves.
- Include a note of thanks at each place setting, and encourage guests to write their own.
Although the Thanksgiving dinner menu always looks the same, the dinner table creates an opportunity to make each holiday meal different from the last. Add unique style with themed place settings, centerpieces and accents.
23+ Thanksgiving Tablescape Ideas
1. Thanksgiving table with assorted turkey plates
2. Cheese and Fruit Tray
3. How to Set a Beautiful Thanksgiving Table on a Budget
4. Classic Fall Dinner Party
5. Chick Thanksgiving Tablescape on a budget
6. Party Favors
7. Cheap Tablescape
8. A blue Thanksgiving Tablescape
9. Fall Tablescape
10. Thanksgiving Table
11. A Painted Thanksgiving Tablescape
12. Fall Tablescape Tour
13. Tablescape from Hollymathisinteriors
14. Autumn Tablescape
15. Thanksgiving Tablescape Hop
16. Fall Simply Stated
17. Metallic Tablescape
18. Simple Tablescape
19. Ultimate Tablescape
20. Fall Tablescape Placesettings
21. Enchanted Tablescape
22. Thanksgiving Table Breakfast
23. Celebrating Thanksgiving