Do you ever feel like your closet is too small? Or that you don’t have enough clothes to put in it? If so, you’re not alone. Many people find themselves in the same situation.
The good news is that there are plenty of closet alternatives out there that can help solve this problem.
In this blog post, we will discuss 14 stylish and affordable closet alternatives for every budget!
In this article:
- 1. Clothes Racks
- 2. Baskets & Trunks
- 3. Hooks & Racks
- 4. Bins & Boxes
- 5. Shelf Dividers
- 6. Hanging Bags
- 7. Under-the-Bed Storage
- 8. Hanging Shelves
- 9. Headboard Closets
- 10. Closet Rods
- 11. Coat Rack
- 12. Shoe Bench
- 13. Wardrobes
- 14. Armoire
- FAQs about closet alternatives
1. Clothes Racks
Clothes racks are a great closet alternative because they can be used to store a lot of clothes in a small amount of space. They are also very affordable, and come in a variety of styles and sizes.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to increase your closet storage capacity, then a clothes rack is definitely the way to go!
– Can store a lot of clothes in a small amount of space
– Comes in a variety of styles and sizes
– Not always sturdy enough to hold heavy items
– Can be difficult to organize clothing on them
2. Baskets & Trunks
Baskets and trunks are closet alternatives that can add extra storage to your space without taking up a lot of room. They’re also a great way to add style to your wardrobe.
Choose baskets and trunks made from natural materials like wicker or rattan for a rustic look, or go for something with a more modern design. You can find options in a variety of price ranges, so you’re sure to find something that fits your budget.
– add extra storage
– can be bulky
– may not fit in small spaces
3. Hooks & Racks
Hooks and racks are another great way to add storage to your closet without taking up a lot of space. They’re perfect for hanging clothes, bags, and other accessories.
You can find hooks and racks in a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic. They come in a variety of styles, so you’re sure to find something that matches your décor.
– add storage without taking up space
– available in a variety of materials and styles
– may not be suitable for all types of clothing
4. Bins & Boxes
Bins and boxes are a great way to organize your closet. They’re perfect for storing clothes, accessories, and other items.
You can find bins and boxes in a variety of materials, including plastic, metal, and wood. They come in a variety of sizes, so you can find the perfect one for your space.
– great for organizing
– available in a variety of materials and sizes
– may not be suitable for all types of items
5. Shelf Dividers
Shelf dividers are a closet alternative that can help you organize your clothes and accessories. They come in many different shapes and sizes, so you can find the perfect set to fit your needs.
Shelf dividers are also a budget-friendly option, making them a great choice for people on a tight budget. If you’re looking for an affordable way to organize your closet, shelf dividers are a great option.
– Many different shapes and sizes to choose from
– Helps organize clothes and accessories
– Can be difficult to install correctly
– May not fit all closet spaces
6. Hanging Bags
Another closet alternative is hanging bags. These bags can be used to store everything from clothes to accessories. They come in a variety of sizes, so you can find the perfect one for your needs. Hanging bags are also a great way to organize your closet.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, consider hanging bags made from fabric. You can find these bags at most discount stores. If you’re looking for a more stylish option, choose one made from leather or suede. These bags are a little more expensive, but they will last longer than fabric bags.
No matter which type of hanging bag you choose, be sure to fill it with items that you wear often. This will help you to quickly and easily find what you’re looking for.
– come in a variety of sizes
– can be used to organize closet
– may not last as long as other closet alternatives
7. Under-the-Bed Storage
Under-the-bed storage is a great closet alternative for those who don’t have a lot of space. There are many different types of under-the-bed storage containers available, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget. If you’re looking for extra storage space, consider using an under-the-bed container.
– Under-the-bed storage is a great way to use space that would otherwise go unused.
– There are many different types of under-the-bed storage containers available, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget.
– Under-the-bed storage can be difficult to access if you have a lot of things stored in it.
– Under-the-bed storage can be a dust and dirt magnet, so you’ll have to clean it regularly if you want to keep your clothes clean.
8. Hanging Shelves
If you’re looking for a closet alternative that is inexpensive and easy to install, consider hanging shelves. Hanging shelves are a great way to maximize your storage space, and they can be installed in minutes.
There are many different types of hanging shelves available, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget.
– Easy to install
– Maximizes storage space
– Can be difficult to find the right size and style for your needs
– Limited storage capacity
9. Headboard Closets
If you’re looking for a closet alternative that is stylish and affordable, a headboard closet may be the perfect option for you. Headboard closets are typically less expensive than traditional walk-in closets, and they can add personality and character to any room.
There are many different styles and designs of headboard closets to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that meets your needs and budget.
– Stylish and affordable
– Many different styles and designs to choose from
– Can add personality and character to any room
– Limited storage space
– Not ideal for large items or clothing racks
10. Closet Rods
One of the most important pieces of a closet is the closet rod. It’s where you hang your clothes, and it needs to be sturdy enough to hold all your weight.
If you’re looking for an affordable option, go with a standard closet rod. But if you want something more stylish, there are plenty of alternatives available.
– Not very stylish
11. Coat Rack
A coat rack is a great closet alternative that can help you save space and organize your belongings. There are many different types of coat racks available, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget. A coat rack is perfect for storing coats, hats, scarves, and other winter gear.
– coat rack can be placed almost anywhere in your home, making it a versatile piece of furniture
– many different styles and materials to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your decor
– often cheaper than closet alternatives
– can take up a lot of space, so be sure to measure the area before purchasing
– may not be suitable for large coats or jackets
12. Shoe Bench
A shoe bench is a great closet alternative because it provides extra storage space for your shoes. It’s also a great piece of furniture to use in an entryway or hallway.
You can find shoe benches in a variety of styles and colors, so you can find one that matches your decor. Prices start around $30.
– can be used as extra seating
– helps organize your shoes
– comes in many different styles and colors
– can be expensive
– may take up a lot of space in your closet
Wardrobes can be a great investment in your home, but they don’t always fit into every budget.
– Wardrobes can provide a lot of storage space.
– They’re typically made from high-quality materials, which means they’ll last for years.
– They can be quite expensive, particularly if you need a large one.
– If you don’t have the space for a wardrobe, you’ll need to find an alternative.
An armoire is a great closet alternative for those with a tight budget. You can find an armoire for as little as $50 at your local thrift store, or you can splurge on a more high-end option.
Armoires are typically larger than standard closets, so they offer plenty of storage space. They’re also a great option for those who want to hide their clothing away when not in use.
– A well-made armoire can provide plenty of storage for your clothes and other belongings.
– Armoires come in a variety of styles, so you can find one that will match the look of your bedroom or closet.
– An armoire is a great way to add some extra storage without taking up too much space.
– Armoires can be quite expensive, particularly if you want a high-quality piece.
– They can also be difficult to fit into small spaces.
FAQs about closet alternatives
Q: What are some closet alternatives that are less expensive than armoires?
A: A few closet alternatives that are less expensive than armoires include closet systems, wardrobes, and chest of drawers.
Q: What are the pros and cons of using a closet system as a closet alternative?
A: closet systems can be a great way to add extra storage to your closet, and they come in a variety of sizes and styles. However, they can be quite expensive.
Let’s face it, most closets are not big enough to fit all of your clothes. If you don’t want to spend money on building a custom closet, there are many other options that will allow you to store more clothing in less space.
Closet alternatives can be as simple as using shelving or getting rid of some furniture and having the room serve double duty as a walk-in closet and bedroom area.
Other solutions include installing a built-in wardrobe cabinet with mirrored doors for an elegant look, adding drawers underneath beds for easy access from either side, or utilizing wall hooks or hanging rods for coats and jackets instead of stacking them on shelves where they take up valuable floor space.