Modern-day housing has become obsessed with nature and more so plants and for a good reason! A house with plants placed strategically in a room gives it a cosy and modern look.
Many will agree that plants tend to make the home have a better and fresher ambiance. Some people, however, prefer artificial plants because they are easier to maintain and do not wither, unlike natural plants.
Indoor farmhouse plants
Potted herbs give the house a simple yet sophisticated feel.
Lavender can also be used as a farmhouse plant and gives the house a fresh, natural scent. You can either plant the lavender in pots and place them on a surface or suspend the plant in jars on a wall.
1. Upcycled Frame and Wreath
2. Galvanized bucket on an old chair with a chalk board
3. Herb plants with sayings
4. Herbs in Galvanized buckets
5. Old funnel plant hanger
6. Ladder plant rack in bathroom
7. Painted Pots on green ladder
8. Decorate with Faux Plants
Farmhouse faux plants are an excellent addition to the house because they resemble the actual plants. But do not be fooled, buying substandard and cheap faux plants may make your home look tacky.
Invest in quality faux plants that come alongside miniature or even large stands. An excellent faux décor is a patch of green grass rooted within a small white pot.
A faux bonsai tree will also do the trick for your home. Ensure that the lustre of the plant is consistent with the actual plant to avoid tackiness or ridicule from your friends!
9. Recycled plastic container
10. Wooden window box
11. Succulents in mercury glass holders
12. Old metal trays on the wall
13. Recycled herb container
14. DIY wooden wall planter
15. Succulents tray
16. Mason jars centerpiece
17. Farmhouse Hanging Wire Wall Pieces
18. Faux Boxwood
19. DIY Farmhouse Style Mason Jar Planter
20. Hanging Wooden Boxes with Herbs
21. Lavender Topiaries
22. Myrtle Topiaries
Farmhouse outdoor plants
Here are some of the best outdoor plants that you should consider:
- Fig tree.
- Olive tree
- Lemon tree
- Black-eyed Susan
Farmhouse plant stand
There are many types of plant stands available in the market, and you can never go wrong with a plant stand made of either wood or clay.
Metal stands are also an appropriate choice. Below are some of the excellent options for stands:
- Wood racks with attached buckets to plant.
- Painted clay jars, either small or large.
- Used glass jars painted white or blue on the outside. Consider tying a rope in the form of a bow or tie a ribbon bow on the mouth of the pot.
- A rack on the wall with accompanying ceramic pots tied to it.
- Large coffee mugs will also do the trick
- An old step ladder can also be used as a plant stand and gives the house an authentic look.
Farmhouse floor plants
There are a variety of plants you can use floor plants such as:
- A lemon tree
- Dainty pilea
- The olive tree
- Dragon tree
- Fiddle leaf fig tree
- Norfolk pine tree
The farmhouse plants you use within your home depends on your taste. Some people love large plants, whereas others like small ones because they appear cute.
Also, consider your floor plan before placing any farmhouse plants. Lastly, remember to water your plants and also give them some nutrients to avoid yellowing or withering of the leaves.