Living in an apartment can be a great experience – you have all of the convenience of living in a city, without having to worry about maintenance or landscaping. However, one thing that can make apartment living difficult is designing your living room.
You want it to be comfortable and stylish, but you also don’t want to spend a lot of money on furniture that you will only use for a year or two. In this blog post, we will provide 25 brilliant ideas for styling your apartment living room on a budget!
Apartment living room ideas with TV.
You don’t have to be a design expert to know that the living room is one of the most important rooms in your home. It’s where you relax, entertain, and often spend the majority of your time.
So it’s no wonder that apartment dwellers are always on the hunt for new ways to make their living spaces more comfortable and stylish.
One of the best ways to do this is to incorporate a TV into your living room design. Not only does it provide a focal point for the space, but it can also be a great source of entertainment and conversation. But with so many different ways to style a living room with a TV, it can be tough to know where to start.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite apartment living room ideas with TV. From sleek and modern designs to cozy and traditional looks, there’s sure to be something here that catches your eye.
1. Go for a minimalist look
If you want to keep your living room looking clean and airy, opt for a minimalist design. Stick to a neutral color palette and use simple furnishings that don’t overwhelm the space. Incorporate your TV into the design by mounting it on the wall or placing it on a sleek media console.
2. Create a cozy nook
For a cozier take on living room with a TV, try creating a cozy nook. This can be done by placing your TV in the corner of the room and arranging your furniture around it. Add some throw blankets and pillows to make it extra inviting.
3. Make a statement
If you really want your living room with a TV to stand out, go for a bold and stylish design. Use eye-catching furniture and decor, such as a velvet sofa or a geometric coffee table.
And don’t be afraid to experiment with color. A little bit of black or navy can go a long way in making your space look chic and sophisticated.
4. Go for comfort
When it comes to apartment living room ideas with a TV, comfort should be your top priority. After all, this is the room where you’ll be spending most of your time.
So make sure to choose furniture that you actually want to sit and relax in. A soft couch or armchair is a must, as are some cozy throw blankets.
5. Keep it simple
Sometimes the best apartment living room ideas with a TV are the simplest ones. If you don’t want to go overboard with your design, stick to a few key pieces of furniture and decor.
A couch, coffee table, and rug should be all you need to create a stylish and inviting space.
Apartment living room ideas for guys.
1. Go for a monochromatic look.
One way to make your living room look more masculine is to go for a monochromatic color scheme.
This can be achieved by painting the walls and furniture in shades of one color, or by using different shades of one color throughout the room.
For example, you could use different shades of blue to create a monochromatic look.
2. Add some texture.
Another way to make your living room look more masculine is to add some texture. This can be done by using rough-hewn wood furniture, or by adding a textured rug or wall hanging. Texture adds visual interest and can help to make a room look more masculine.
3. Go for dark colors.
Another way to create a masculine living room is to go for dark colors. Dark colors can make a room feel more intimate and cozy, and they can also help to ground the space. If you’re not sure which dark colors to choose, try using a dark blue or green.
4. Use bold colors and patterns.
If you want your living room to really stand out, then use bold colors and patterns. Bright colors can add energy to a room, while patterns can add visual interest.
Try using a striped rug or wallpaper, or using a brightly colored piece of art as the focal point of the room.
5. Keep the furniture simple.
One way to make sure that your living room looks masculine is to keep the furniture simple. This means avoiding overly ornate or frilly pieces, and instead opting for clean lines and solid colors.
You can also try using a mix of different materials, such as wood and metal, to create a more masculine look.
6. Accessorize with masculine items.
Another way to add some masculinity to your living room is to accessorize with masculine items. Try using a leather couch or armchair, or adding a set of antlers to the wall. You can also use hunting-themed artwork or pillows to really make the space your own.
7. Add some greenery.
Adding some greenery to your living room can also help to create a more masculine look. Try using a potted plant or two, or adding a green vase to the coffee table.
Greenery adds a touch of nature to the room and can help to make it feel more calming and relaxing.
8. Use masculine lighting.
If you want your living room to have a more masculine feel, then use masculine lighting. Try using floor lamps with dark shades, or hanging a chandelier with metal accents. You can also try using sconces to add some light without taking up too much space.
9. Use masculine window treatments.
Another way to create a masculine living room is to use masculine window treatments. Try using heavy curtains or blinds, or hanging blackout shades. These window treatments can help to darken the room and make it feel more intimate and cozy.
10. Add some personal touches.
Finally, don’t forget to add some personal touches to your living room to really make it your own. Try hanging pictures of your favorite sports team, or displaying a collection of your favorite things. You can also try adding a piece of art that has special meaning to you.
Apartment living room ideas on a budget.
If you’re looking for ways to spruce up your apartment living room without breaking the bank, there are plenty of options. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
-Hang some inexpensive artwork or photos on the walls. You can even frame some magazine tear-outs or postcards.
-Add a colorful throw rug or blanket to inject some extra personality into the space.
-Invest in some good-quality, affordable furniture. You don’t have to go for designer pieces, but make sure the items you choose are well-made and comfortable.
-Accessorize! Throw pillows, candles, vases, and other small items can make a big impact.
-Finally, don’t forget the power of good lighting. A few well-placed lamps can transform the entire atmosphere of a room.
Apartment living room ideas with carpet.
If you have a small apartment or condo, you may be looking for ways to make your living room look bigger and more inviting. One way to do this is by choosing the right carpet.
A light-colored carpet will reflect light and make the room appear larger. A patterned carpet can also help to give the illusion of more space.
If you have hardwood floors, you may want to consider an area rug. An area rug can add color and pattern to your living room, and it will also protect your floors from wear and tear.
When choosing a carpet for your living room, it is important to consider the overall style of your home. If you have a modern or contemporary apartment, you may want to choose a carpet with a geometric pattern.
If your home has a more traditional décor, you may want to choose a carpet with a floral or nature-inspired design. No matter what your style, there are plenty of carpet options available that will suit your needs.
Once you have chosen the perfect carpet for your living room, be sure to vacuum it regularly and have it professionally cleaned when necessary. By taking good care of your carpet, you can keep it looking its best for years to come.
Apartment living room ideas with fireplace.
If you have a fireplace in your apartment, make the most of it with these ideas.
- Use mirrors to reflect light and create the illusion of more space.
- Hang artwork or photos above the mantel for a personal touch.
- Put candles on the mantel for a warm, romantic ambiance.
- Use the fireplace as a room divider to create separate living and dining areas.
- Place a TV above the fireplace for a modern take on the traditional setup.
- Use the space around the fireplace for storage, such as shelving for books or baskets for throws.
- Decorate the mantel for the seasons or holidays.
- Keep it simple with a vase of fresh flowers or a few potted plants.
- Make a statement with a bold paint color or wallpaper around the fireplace.
- Use the fireplace as an opportunity to try out a new design style.
Apartment living room ideas with sectional.
If you have a small apartment, you might think that there’s not much you can do with the space you have. But with a little creativity, you can turn your apartment living room into a stylish and inviting space. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use light colors on the walls and furniture to make the room look larger.
- Bring in some greenery with potted plants or a small herb garden.
- Create a focal point with an interesting piece of art or a large mirror.
- Use multifunctional furniture, such as ottomans that can be used as coffee tables or extra seating.
- Keep the floor space clear by storing items in baskets or on shelves.
Apartment living room ideas with gray couch.
The gray couch is a versatile piece of furniture that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are some ideas for using a gray couch in your living room:
- Use it as a focal point: A gray couch can make a great focal point in your living room. You can use it to anchor your other furniture and decor, or you can use it as a center point for your living room design.
- Use it as an accent: A gray couch can also be used as an accent piece in your living room. You can use it to add a pop of color or to simply break up the monotony of your other furniture.
- Use it as a statement piece: A gray couch can also be used as a statement piece in your living room. You can use it to make a bold design statement or to simply add an element of interest to your living room.
- Use it as a source of comfort: A gray couch can also be used as a source of comfort in your living room. You can use it to relax and unwind after a long day, or you can use it to simply enjoy the company of your family and friends.
- Use it as a source of storage: A gray couch can also be used as a source of storage in your living room. You can use it to store blankets, pillows, or other items that you need to keep handy.
- Use it as a source of style: A gray couch can also be used as a source of style in your living room. You can use it to add a touch of elegance or to simply make your living room more stylish.
Small apartment living room ideas.
- Find furniture that serves more than one purpose. This can include a coffee table that doubles as a storage ottoman or end table, nesting tables, or a sofa with built-in shelving.
- Use light colors on the walls and floors to make the space feel larger.
- Get creative with your storage. Use baskets, bins, and shelves to store items out of sight.
- Consider a Murphy bed or daybed for additional seating and sleeping space.
- Add a few houseplants to purify the air and add some life to the room.
- Hang artwork or photos on the walls to personalize the space.
- Use mirrors to reflect light and make the space feel larger.
- Invest in multi-purpose furniture, such as a futon that can be used as a sofa during the day and a bed at night.
- Keep the floor clear of clutter by storing items out of sight.
- Use rugs to define different areas in the room and add color and pattern.
College apartment living room ideas.
Making your living room comfortable and stylish doesn’t have to be expensive. Check out these college apartment living room ideas that are both budget-friendly and chic.
Instead of buying new furniture, try shopping at thrift stores or yard sales. You can find some great pieces at a fraction of the cost. Once you have your furniture, try reupholstering it with fabric that fits your style.
Personalize your space with photos and posters. Frame some of your favorite memories to hang on the wall or prop up on a shelf. Pick out some inexpensive art prints to add a pop of color. Use washi tape or push pins to hang everything up.
Get creative with storage solutions. Stack books on top of each other to create a makeshift end table. Use baskets or crates to store blankets and pillows. Hang scarves or belts from hooks on the wall.
Layer different types of lighting to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Table lamps, floor lamps, and string lights are all great options.
To make your space seem bigger, opt for light-colored curtains or shades. If you want more privacy, try using patterned fabric to make your own Roman shades.
If your floors are looking worn, try covering them with an inexpensive area rug. You can also add a pop of color or pattern with floor tiles. Peel-and-stick options make it easy to DIY.
Minimalist apartment living room ideas.
If you’re looking to give your living room a makeover but aren’t sure where to start, why not try going for a minimalist look? A minimalist living room is one that is kept free of clutter and excess furniture, and focuses on simplicity and functionality.
Here are some tips to help you create a beautiful and stylish minimalist living room in your own apartment:
1. Start with a blank slate.
The first step to creating a minimalist living room is to get rid of all the clutter and excess furniture.
This means removing any knick-knacks, photos, or other items that you don’t absolutely need. You should also consider getting rid of any large pieces of furniture that are taking up too much space.
2. Stick to a neutral color palette.
When creating a minimalist living room, it’s important to stick to a neutral color palette. This will help create an airy and spacious feel in the room.
3. Choose simple and functional furniture.
When selecting furniture for your minimalist living room, it’s important to choose pieces that are both simple and functional. This means avoiding any unnecessary frills or embellishments. Stick to furniture that has clean lines and a simple design.
4. Add in some greenery.
One of the best ways to add a touch of life to a minimalist living room is to add in some greenery. This can be done by placing a few potted plants around the room or by hanging some artwork that features nature scenes.
5. Use lighting to your advantage.
Lighting is another important element in creating a minimalist living room. You should use a mix of both natural and artificial lighting to help create the right atmosphere.
Natural light will help create a bright and airy feel, while artificial lighting can be used to add a touch of drama or sophistication to the space.
6. Keep it clean and simple.
The key to a successful minimalist living room design is to keep things clean and simple. This means avoiding any busy patterns or cluttered surfaces. Instead, opt for clean lines and a minimal amount of decor.
7. Let the furniture speak for itself.
When it comes to choosing furniture for your minimalist living room, it’s important to let the pieces speak for themselves. This means avoiding any overly flashy or decorative pieces. Instead, focus on choosing furniture that has a simple and elegant design.
1 bedroom apartment living room ideas.
How to decorate a small living room in an apartment.
First, consider the layout of your space and how you can make the most of it. If you have a narrow living room, try arranging your furniture along the walls to create more space in the center of the room. You can also use mirrors to reflect light and make the space look larger.
Another way to decorate a small living room is to choose furniture that is both functional and stylish. For example, an ottoman can serve as both a coffee table and extra seating. A console table can be used as a desk or a place to display your favorite photos and knick-knacks.
If you have a small living room, don’t be afraid to go bold with your décor. A statement piece of furniture or art can really make the space feel unique and personal. And remember, less is often more when it comes to decorating a small space.
Apartment small open plan kitchen living room ideas.
Small apartments often have open plan kitchen living room designs to make the best use of the limited space. How can you design a small open plan kitchen living room?
One way to do this is to choose a light and airy color scheme. This will help make the space feel larger and brighter. Another way to create the illusion of more space is to use mirrors. Mirrors reflect light and make a space feel bigger.
Furniture choice is also important in small open plan kitchen living room designs. You want to choose pieces that are versatile and can be used in multiple ways. For instance, an ottoman can be used as a coffee table or extra seating. A folding table can be used as a dining table or a work surface.
Storage is also key in small open plan kitchen living room designs. You want to make sure you have enough storage for all of your belongings, but you also don’t want the space to feel cluttered. Try to use hidden storage solutions like under-the-bed storage containers or behind-the-door shelving.
Finally, don’t forget to personalize your small open plan kitchen living room design. Add some photos or artwork to the walls and some cozy throws and pillows to the furniture. This will make the space feel like it is truly yours.
Therapy apartment living room ideas.
- Use a comfy couch or armchair as your main seating. Make sure there’s enough space for you to put your feet up and relax.
- Incorporate lots of soft, cozy blankets and pillows into your decor. This will make the space feel more inviting and comfortable.
- Add some greenery, whether it’s real plants or artificial ones. This will help to create a calming and serene atmosphere.
- Incorporate some personal touches, such as photos, artwork, or mementos. This will help make the space feel more like your own.
- Keep the color palette soft and soothing. Stick to neutrals or pastel shades.
- Consider adding some calming scents, such as lavender or chamomile. This can help to promote relaxation.
- Make sure the room is well-lit, but avoid harsh overhead lights. Soft, diffused lighting is best.
Open apartment living room ideas.
When you have an open floor plan, it can be challenging to come up with ideas for how to best utilize the space. After all, you want your living room to be both stylish and functional. Here are some great open apartment living room ideas that will help you make the most of your space:
1. Create a cozy seating area.
One of the best ways to make your open living room feel cozy is to create a small, intimate seating area.
This can be done by placing a couple of chairs or a loveseat around a coffee table. You can also add some throw pillows and blankets to make the space even more inviting.
2. Add some greenery.
Plants can really help to liven up a living space. If you have an open living room, consider adding some greenery to the mix.
You can opt for real plants or go with faux ones if you’re not much of a green thumb. Either way, they’ll add some life to the room.
3. Utilize the walls.
If you have a lot of empty wall space in your living room, put it to good use! Hang some art, add shelves, or even install a TV. There are endless possibilities when it comes to utilizing your living room’s walls.
4. Bring in some color.
Another great way to make your living room feel more inviting is to add some color. This can be done with paint, pillows, blankets, or even art. Adding a pop of color will definitely help liven up the space.
5. Get creative with lighting.
Lighting can really make or break a living room. If you have an open living room, get creative with your lighting. You can use floor lamps, table lamps, chandeliers, or even string lights to create the perfect ambiance.
Big apartment living room ideas.
If you’re lucky enough to have a large living room in your apartment, then you have a great opportunity to really make a statement with your decor. But if you’re not sure where to start, it can be tricky to figure out how to use all that extra space.
One way to make the most of a big living room is to create different zones for different activities. For example, you might have a seating area for watching TV or relaxing, a dining area for enjoying meals with friends, and a workspace for getting things done.
Another great way to make use of a large living room is to bring in some extra furniture to fill up the space. A coffee table, a few side tables, and a comfortable armchair can all help to make a big living room feel more inviting and cozy.
Finally, remember that big doesn’t have to mean empty. Large living rooms can be filled with beautiful artwork, cozy throws, and stylish accessories. By adding your own personal touches, you can create a space that reflects your taste and personality.
Indian apartment living room ideas.
- Incorporate Indian-inspired elements into your living room design. Textiles, artwork, and furniture with an Indian flair can add a touch of exotica to your space.
- Create a focal point with an Indian-style rug. Rugs are an essential element of Indian interior design, and they can help to ground and define your living room space.
- Introduce Indian-inspired colors into your living room. Colors play a big role in Indian design, and incorporating hues like turquoise, pink, and orange can add a bright and cheerful touch to your space.
- Use window treatments to bring in some light. In India, many homes have large windows that let in plenty of natural light. You can use this to your advantage by opting for light and airy window treatments, like sheer curtains or blinds.
- Bring in some greenery. Plants are a big part of Indian culture, and they can help to create a peaceful and serene atmosphere in your living room. Choose low-maintenance plants that can thrive in your space, like succulents or air plants.
- Accessorize with Indian-inspired accents. Small details like colorful throw pillows, brass sculptures, and beaded curtains can help to bring your Indian-inspired living room to life.
Glam apartment living room ideas.
1. Go for the gold.
When it comes to glam living room ideas, think about adding touches of gold throughout the space. This could mean anything from a gilded coffee table or end table to golden accent pillows or even a shimmering piece of artwork.
2. Incorporate velvet.
Velvet is definitely a must-have when it comes to creating a glam living room. You can use it for everything from upholstering furniture to adding throw pillows or blankets.
3. Add some sparkle.
One of the best ways to add some glamour to your living room is by incorporating some sparkle. This could mean anything from sequined accent pillows to a glittery chandelier.
4. Use mirrors.
Mirrors are not only a great way to make a space look larger, but they also help to reflect light and add a touch of glamour.
5. Incorporate luxe fabrics.
When it comes to creating a glam living room, it’s all about the details. That’s why incorporating luxe fabrics is a must. Think velvet, fur, silk, and satin.
6. Go for bold colors.
Another great way to add some glamour to your living room is by going for bold, eye-catching colors. This could mean anything from a bright pink sofa to an emerald green coffee table.
7. Layer textures and patterns.
Texture and pattern are key when it comes to creating a glam living room. Think about incorporating different textures and patterns throughout the space, such as a velvet sofa with a fur throw blanket or a silk pillow with a sequined accent.
Another great way to add some glamour to your living room is by accessorizing. This could mean anything from adding a few statement pieces of jewelry to your coffee table or end table to hanging a glamorous chandelier.
How can I decorate my small apartment living room?
There are a few things to consider when decorating a small living room in an apartment.
First, you will want to select furniture that is both stylish and functional. Secondly, you will want to use light and airy colors to make the space feel larger.
Finally, you can add personal touches with artwork and accessories. With a little bit of creativity, you can transform your small living room into a stylish and inviting space.
How can I decorate my apartment living room on a budget?
There are a few ways that you can decorate your living room on a budget. One way is to use thrift store finds or second-hand furniture.
Another way is to DIY some of your own decorations. You can also find inexpensive artwork or tapestries to hang on your walls.
Whatever route you choose, make sure that you take the time to plan and measure before you buy anything so that you don’t end up spending more than you need to.
How can I make my apartment look more expensive?
There are a few simple ways that you can make your apartment look more expensive, without spending a lot of money.
First, focus on the little details. Make sure that your furniture is clean and free of any stains or marks.
Secondly, invest in some quality pieces that will really add to the overall look of your space. Finally, don’t be afraid to add a few personal touches that will make your apartment feel like home.
What are the best colors for an apartment living room?
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best colors for an apartment living room. The size of the room, the amount of natural light, the furniture and decor, and the overall atmosphere you want to create all play a role in determining which colors will work best.
Some general tips to keep in mind when choosing colors for an apartment living room include going for light and airy hues, using bold accents to add visual interest, and choosing colors that complement the existing furniture and decor.
Light and airy colors such as white, cream, or pale blue can help make a small room feel more spacious. If you want to add some color but don’t want to go too bold, try using a light pastel shade.
Bold accent colors can help add visual interest to an otherwise plain room. If your living room is on the small side, choose one wall to paint in a bright color or hang a piece of art with a strong color scheme.
When choosing colors that will work well with the existing furniture and decor in your living room, consider both the colors and the style of the pieces. If you have mostly neutrally-colored furniture, you can experiment with bolder wall colors or patterns. If your living room has a more eclectic mix of furniture, stick to more neutral tones to avoid clashing.
Now that you have been presented with a range of different apartment living room ideas, it is up to you to choose the one that best fits your needs and taste. Keep in mind the size of your living room, as well as the overall style of your apartment when making your decision.
With a little bit of planning and creativity, you can easily transform your living room into a stylish and inviting space that you and your guests will enjoy for years to come.